GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #46
Kart

Kart is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Dear Diary: My 20 Days of Fasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
I read that since you're body's energy isn't focused on digesting it instead focuses on detoxifying the body and as a result when the poisons are released from your body you can secrete them through your pores, which in turn results in a extreme body odor and even extreme bad breathe.
Er, no. The body moves from digesting food to breaking down your muscle protein - what the odour is.

Be careful you don't make yourself ill.
Kart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #47
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart
Er, no. The body moves from digesting food to breaking down your muscle protein.
If I were only drinking water and nothing else then you might be right, but since I'm drinking the Lemon Cleanser (Lemons, Cayenne Pepper, Maple Syrup) I don't think I'm losing muscle protein- at least, I hope I'm not.

Here's the Physical Process:
Because the act of digesting food consumes our energy on an ongoing basis, it follows that the elimination of solid food for short periods of time will make the energy normally used for digestion available for the process of detoxification. Thus the first step is to stop eating food so that the lemonade drink can commence Is work.

Because the lemonade drink is easily assimilated, it places little or no demand on the digestive system. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is a powerful cleanser for the body, and is also high in vitamins. Additionally, it is the only fruit or vegetable to contain cationic and anionic minerals.

Lemon also helps loosen and break up mucus in the body. Mucus is one of the body's defenses to protect it self against irritations. When too much mucus settles in any one area, dis-ease is the natural outcome.

Those of you familiar with colour therapy will also know that lemon, when consumed fresh squeezed, releases the colour that stimulates the body to cleanse itself.

Cayenne pepper, another key ingredient of the diet, breaks up this mucous and acts as a cleanser for the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems. It is used by herbalists to treat a wide range of problems and to enhance the effectiveness of many other herbs.

The maple syrup provides energy from an unprocessed sugar which still contains many of its original nutrients.

The herbal laxative tea is used to stimulate peristalsis of the colon, since the only other way to do it is to eat a diet high in fibre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart
- what the odour is?
Supposedly when you detox and start getting rid of the poisons in your body you secrete some through your poors. This can lead to an increase in body odor.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 03:45 PM   #48

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Day 6

Yahoo!!!! My morning started out gloriously, I got a chance to see Nadal win his first title of the year taking down Fedtard in straights!!! That put me in good spirits! In addition to that great news I have no appetite, no headaches, and no cravings so I'm hopeful for the rest of the day.

But that's how yesterday started out as well and yesterday was the single hardest day I've had so far. Everyone says that if you make it through the first four days then it's home-sailing, but yesterday I was HUUUUUUUNGRY!!! My cousin cooked homemade baked Lasagna and it took everything inside of me not to eat it. I kept going to the kitchen and opening the fridge and staring at it. I smelled it and I was tormented by it the entire day and night. It consumed my mind and it was a major struggle. I had to keep reminding myself that I'd feel a lot better sticking to what I set out to do, rather than giving in. So I stayed strong, but I did go to sleep angry- and hungry!

I'm hoping that will be the toughest day because I can't handle many more days like that. It feels great to say that I've made it for six days, so I'm really proud of myself. I'm looking forward to four more days, then I can start enjoying fruit and vegetable juices. A lot of you warned against adding milk to my diet and I did research and you guys were right, so I'll drink soy milk instead.

till my next update!
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 03:54 PM   #49
Kart

Quote:
If I were only drinking water and nothing else then you might be right, but since I'm drinking the Lemon Cleanser (Lemons, Cayenne Pepper, Maple Syrup) I don't think I'm losing muscle protein- at least, I hope I'm not.

Here's the Physical Process:
Because the act of digesting food consumes our energy on an ongoing basis, it follows that the elimination of solid food for short periods of time will make the energy normally used for digestion available for the process of detoxification. Thus the first step is to stop eating food so that the lemonade drink can commence Is work.

Because the lemonade drink is easily assimilated, it places little or no demand on the digestive system. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is a powerful cleanser for the body, and is also high in vitamins. Additionally, it is the only fruit or vegetable to contain cationic and anionic minerals.

Lemon also helps loosen and break up mucus in the body. Mucus is one of the body's defenses to protect it self against irritations. When too much mucus settles in any one area, dis-ease is the natural outcome.

Those of you familiar with colour therapy will also know that lemon, when consumed fresh squeezed, releases the colour that stimulates the body to cleanse itself.

Cayenne pepper, another key ingredient of the diet, breaks up this mucous and acts as a cleanser for the digestive, respiratory, and circulatory systems. It is used by herbalists to treat a wide range of problems and to enhance the effectiveness of many other herbs.

The maple syrup provides energy from an unprocessed sugar which still contains many of its original nutrients.

The herbal laxative tea is used to stimulate peristalsis of the colon, since the only other way to do it is to eat a diet high in fibre.

Supposedly when you detox and start getting rid of the poisons in your body you secrete some through your poors. This can lead to an increase in body odor.
This is all about the fact vs fiction. I'm not a nutritionist but it strikes me that no medical person in their right mind will tell you that not eating for twenty days is a good thing to do.

That said, I freely accept that there are a lot of things medical science can't explain and though I consider most of the stuff you've written above to be nonsense, if you feel better then more power to you .

I'm sure you're old enough to know what you're doing - like I said though, just be careful you don't get make yourself ill.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #50
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You really think that Beyonce who you mentioned did this for Dreamgirls, didn't lose ANY muscle protein.

I have to agree with Kart. I'm not trying to again bring negativity to the picture but I'm going to be consistent.
I've had an issue with that Beyonce "cleanse" since she mentioned it and people took it on themselves to follow lead especially gays.
So for me it seems like a trend and trends that have a possibility to make you ill, is not something I advised for anyone.

Let's hope you get to day 10, so you can eat something because right now this sounds like something former obcessed with weight poster Perfection would do to get to an unhealthy 100 pounds.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.

Last edited by Wannabeknowitall : Apr 27th, 2008 at 04:43 PM.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #51
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

The most important thing is to make sure that you're getting enough sugars in your drinks, so you can keep a good glucose and energy level. So get a lot of that maple syrup thing, which I think has much more sugar than lemonade.

Your body starts breaking down protein when you're close to starvation, which you aren't. If the carbohydrate levels are low, your metabolism switches to fat degradation. If your fat levels become low, only then your proteins will start getting degraded, and this usually happens in starvation. Having said that, your muscle mass will probably decrease because you're not getting enough amino acids, but I don't think it should be dangerous for 20 days.

In any case, if you haven't talked to a physician about this, you definitely should. Get their advice to make sure everything is alright.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #52

Wannabeknowitall like I already stated, this is a sacrifice I'm doing for God. I only became aware of Beyonce doing the Lemon Cleanser when someone PM'd me, otherwise I wouldn't have even known she did it too. As long as there's no serious health risks, then I'll be fine and from the literature I've read about it I've heard a lot of great things, so all that just so happens to be a plus- the icing on the cake.

And for all those out there who have been supporting me, thanks again- It really has made a difference and has helped me stay strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb
The most important thing is to make sure that you're getting enough sugars in your drinks, so you can keep a good glucose and energy level. So get a lot of that maple syrup thing, which I think has much more sugar than lemonade.

Your body starts breaking down protein when you're close to starvation, which you aren't. If the carbohydrate levels are low, your metabolism switches to fat degradation. If your fat levels become low, only then your proteins will start getting degraded, and this usually happens in starvation. Having said that, your muscle mass will probably decrease because you're not getting enough amino acids, but I don't think it should be dangerous for 20 days.
That seems to be in line with everything I've read. The trick to not having your body starve is the Maple syrup. It sounds more extreme than it really is physically. The real battle is a mental one!!
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #53
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
This is all about the fact vs fiction. I'm not a nutritionist but it strikes me that no medical person in their right mind will tell you that not eating for twenty days is a good thing to do.

That said, I freely accept that there are a lot of things medical science can't explain and though I consider most of the stuff you've written above to be nonsense, if you feel better then more power to you .

I'm sure you're old enough to know what you're doing - like I said though, just be careful you don't get make yourself ill.

I know you are in med school, but there is actually a lot "to" this that you may not yet be aware of. There is plenty to read out there, if you ever become interested.

You are right, though, to say be careful.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #54
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Sir, I hope you are doing the colon cleansing.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #55
Kart

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
I know you are in med school, but there is actually a lot "to" this that you may not yet be aware of. There is plenty to read out there, if you ever become interested.

I'm not in med school but more importantly, as I said, I freely accept there are things that work beyond the realm of medical science. At the end of the day, people know their own bodies better than anyone else.

The thread starter can do what he/she wants and I have no problem with that and certainly am not trying to tell him/her that this is a bad idea. I'm just suggesting caution as (a) there are alternative (less positive) interpretations for things he/she may experience in the coming days and (b) I don't want him/her to fall ill.

These cleansing plans are not for everyone as I'm sure you'd agree.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:34 PM   #56
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart View Post
I'm not in med school but more importantly, as I said, I freely accept there are things that work beyond the realm of medical science. At the end of the day, people know their own bodies better than anyone else.

The thread starter can do what he/she wants and I have no problem with that. I'm just suggesting caution as (a) there are alternative explanations for the way things may turn out and (b) I don't want him to fall ill.

These cleansing plans are not for everyone as I'm sure you'd agree.

It is not "beyond the realm of medical science".

As I said, I agree with the caution part.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #57
Kart

Quote:
It is not "beyond the realm of medical science".

As I said, I agree with the caution part.
If I rephrased it to "widely accepted and applied medical therapy" would that make it clearer ?
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #58
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Could you please refer me to what you think is a good source, scientific if it's possible? I googled "lemon cleanser" and all I got is a bunch of questionable sources.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM   #59
country flag Justin

Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future Justin has a brilliant future

What is the recipe of this lemon cleanser (an in how much of each ingredient)?
Shino Tsurubuchi
"Men's tennis and women's tennis are almost two separate sports. If I was to play Andy Murray I would
lose 6-0, 6-0 in five to six minutes, maybe 10 minutes." -- Serena Williams
Justin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM   #60
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wannabeknowitall like I already stated, this is a sacrifice I'm doing for God.
A personal sacrifice that helps your connection with God.

What if you could help others.
It only seems fair that if you're not going to eat then someone or more should.

Here's an idea.
Estimate what you would have eaten in those 20 days and give that money to a charity or organization that helps poor children eat in the US or internationally.

I'm not claiming you never have given money to charities.
I just feel that a good way to feel connected to any God is for people to see the work of God thru you.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote