GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:32 PM   #31
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Diary: My 20 Days of Fasting

I can't even live without eating for like more than 8 hours.

Go Sir Stefwhit!!!
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #32
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you an Eastern Orthodox Christian? I am. We have to fast for 40 days, without eating meat, and without eating dairy for the 1st day, and the last week. All Orthodox tennis players probably do this, but some just do no meat on wednesdays and fridays. Our Easter is this sunday. Players from countries like Greece, Serbia, Bulgaria, Russia and Romania do this. Greek-Cypriots like Baghdatis also do this.

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #33
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Day 3

Just like yesterday I woke up with no appetite. It's usually by mid-day that I start to get really hungry. I'm noticing that if I drink a lot and try to keep my mind busy and pray it really helps to curb my appetite. The only time it really gets hard is when I think that I'm only on day 3 and I have 17 more days to go. When I think about it like that it really starts to mess with my mind- I start thinking that I'll never make it that long. I'm trying to focus on one day at a time because looking ahead just makes my task seem impossible. I wish I was working or had something to do, I think that would help the hours pass by quicker.

After about day 5 it supposedly gets much easier, so hang in there the next couple of days.

Not so sure about your plan to drink milk. You might want to read up on that, and keep to juice. Fruit and vegetable. Any way you can get a juicer and make fresh veg?
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #34
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

End of Day 3

Well I've made it through yet another day. There were a couple of time throughout the day where I had some intense cravings, but for the most part I was ok. I find myself watching the Food Network a lot- strange I couldn't look at food on tv the first couple of days, but now I find it comforting. I'm sooooo over that nasty lemonade! I'm still taking it and I'm going to keep taking it, but it's all the sudden like torture to get it down. My biggest problem is how frequent I'm urinating. I pee like every 15 minutes- it's funny cuz it's completely clear. Tomorrow I'm leaving the house- I didn't step outside once today, that can't be good. The headaches are still there, but my cravings aren't nearly as strong as before, so that's good. And I still feel energetic.

till next time....
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 03:57 AM   #35
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

After the fast - what to do -

POST-FAST
  • DAY 1 after
    It is extremely important to break a fast correctly. Never take cooked food of any kind as your first meal. The best food to eat in the morning is a bowl of fruit consisting of mostly papaya. Take two probiotic supplements afterwards. 1 ½ hour later take a psyllium shake.
    You may drink vegetable and fruit juices freely all day. Remember the law of food combining.
    Lunchtime is a vegetable salad with lemon and olive oil followed with two probiotics.
    Dinner is vegetable broth and a salad followed by two probiotics.
    Take two probiotics before bed.

This first day is easy, no discomfort. The cleanser powder keeps the entire digestive tract "full" and the nutrients keep the blood well nourished with basic requirements.
  • DAY 2 after
    Start out the day the same as the previous day. Remember to take two probiotics after each meal and two before bedtime. Drink at least 1 psyllium shake during the day.
  • DAY 3 after
    Follow the same as the previous day but you may add steamed vegetables to your evening meal. Take 1 probiotic before bed every night until your bottle is empty.
    Try to maintain a 80% raw food diet.
  • DAY 4 after
    You may now return to your normal diet, but be careful about what you eat. No candy, cola, white starch, or other "junk" food. Do not mix starch as bread and rice together with protein such as meat and seafood. If you eat carbohydrates like bread, rice, and noodles, avoid meat and fish. If you eat meat and fish, do not mix with rice, noodles, and bread. This will prevent putrefaction and fermentation of food in the digestive tract, which causes accumulation of toxic waste. Try to eat at least one meal per day entirely of raw food, such as vegetable salad or fruit (but not both at the same meal). Continue to take one dose of psyllium powder per day for at least one weeks. It will keep the digestive tract clean and keep everything moving. In fact, it's a good idea to continue taking psyllium powder once a day, or once every 2-3 days, permanently.

Last edited by drake3781 : Apr 25th, 2008 at 04:13 AM.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #36
country flag hwanmig

hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of hwanmig has much to be proud of

I don't think I'd last that long. Maybe during famines.

Ана
Света

Елена

hwanmig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #37

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

drake3781 I think that information you posted on post-fasting is specific to a certain program. I don't even know what psyllium is? I do think there's some general stuff in there that's still applicable to what I'm doing (10 days of Master Cleanser Lemonade and 10 days of other types of liquids).
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #38

Day 4

The worse part of my morning was watching Federer beat Nalbandian, other than that it's been smooth sailing. Today was the first morning I didn't wake up light-headed so maybe my headaches have gone. Also, coming up the steps this morning I noticed that the slight pain I normally have in my right knee was totally gone. In reading up on the Master Cleanser, one of the benefits is relief of aches and sore tendons. I can't remember the last time I didn't feel at least of tinge of something, so I'm ecstatic about that. I've got a full day planned, I'm hoping that I maintain the same levels of energy I've been having. Having such a busy day will be a better test of where my energy lever really is.

Spiritually, I'm already getting from this what I was hoping to get so I'm real happy about that. The vulnerable state of your body I think helps you to become more mentally strong- and the mental strength of course comes from my renewed relationship with god.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #39
country flag woosey

woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute woosey has a reputation beyond repute

i'd skip the milk.
woosey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #40
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
drake3781 I think that information you posted on post-fasting is specific to a certain program. I don't even know what psyllium is? I do think there's some general stuff in there that's still applicable to what I'm doing (10 days of Master Cleanser Lemonade and 10 days of other types of liquids).
Yep, just information on how to safely come off a fast, and to consider the use of probiotics ("friendly bacteria") and psyllium. Take from it what is useful and fitting. Psyllium is something of a hot topic these days. Read up on it or talk to somebody at a health food store if/when you are ready.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 05:36 AM   #41
country flag mckyle.

mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute mckyle. has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to you

I could never do it.
mckyle. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 06:00 AM   #42
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute Scotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
After about day 5 it supposedly gets much easier, so hang in there the next couple of days.
Yeah, because your body starts digesting itself and releases endorphins to keep you from feeling pain and going insane.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #43

Day 5

I read that since you're body's energy isn't focused on digesting it instead focuses on detoxifying the body and as a result when the poisons are released from your body you can secrete them through your pores, which in turn results in a extreme body odor and even extreme bad breathe. I'm not taking a chance of that happening to me so I take two showers a day now, and in addition to brushing three times a day I have my handy-dandy breathe mints. Day 5 has finally arrived!!!!! It seems like it was only yesterday when my adventure begun. I keep telling myself I'm a quarter of the way done.

No more headaches and my cravings have subsided dramatically. Don't get me wrong I'm still having wet dreams over pasta, seafood, and prime rib, but at this point it feels manageable. So in five more days I'm allowing myself to have vegetable and fruit juices- I'm really looking forward to that. Until then, forward march.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 03:27 PM   #44
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

I just read that Roger beat David in this thread.

Stef
ElusiveChanteuse is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #45
country flag IceHock

IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute

i wish u very good luck with the rest of that, and it takes alot of mental stability to pull it off so keep it up.

i remember on mad tv when bobby lee said he was going to do it and he started crying haha and ended up eating tooth paste haha and got caught
IceHock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote