GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 25 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #361
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Yeah I mean they don't have to eat so much that they'll have a surplux stocked as fat
IDK, it's hardly a coincidence that quite a few player seem to weigh more than you'd expect and players in general are only getting bigger these years. But most of them are not fat, just very strong. You can't say that Kuznetsova or Domi are fat, they are strong and fit. But some others, Kvitova and Nastya for example, seem to have more fat than they should. Body type, hormones perhaps. Or they just don't work hard enough, IDK.
Advertisement

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #362
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
IDK, it's hardly a coincidence that quite a few player seem to weigh more than you'd expect and they're only getting bigger. But most of them are not fat, just very strong. You can't say that Kuznetsova or Domi are fat, they are strong and fit. But some others, Kvitova and Nastya for example, seem to have more fat than they should. Body type, hormones perhaps. Or they just don't work hard enough, IDK.
They're not fat but their bodyfat % is certainly higher than the optimal one for a pro athlete. Kvitova and Nastya are just not in an athlete like kind of shape.

Yeah, like I said, it's unexplainable...

Last edited by Dominic : Feb 14th, 2013 at 02:38 PM.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #363
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

you would have to see how much they actually eat. i want to see who ate the huge bowl of strawberries
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #364
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
You can do exercise indoors as well and watch tv or listen to music at the same time. You just have to be a little creative with how you do it. If you have an exercise bike you can read at the same time. A lot of people at the gym are listening to music all the time. In some ways, working out is like a fad. You never think it would interest you, then one day you just like doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
To add to what Melange said, it makes your life a lot easier if you come up with exercise you can do at home. There are quite a lot of body weight exercises you can do that aren't bad (burpees, push ups, bridges, pulls up on an open door). Doing some skipping during ad breaks is something I do quite often if it's raining outside; and I do some pilates from a DVD I bought from Amazon. Great for the kind of flexible core strength you need for tennis imo
Yeah I tend to listen to music whenever I bother to exercise. Definitely helps the time go by.

See all the ones in bold are the ones I try to avoid. Ive done burpees before though. I really need to do strength training or whatever its called more than anything since I dont need to lose weight, I just need to keep fit and actually get some muscle
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #365
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like you could do core exercises to firm up and if you do a lot of repetitions it will help you keep fit. Doing squats and rows with some dumbells (they can be lightweight dumbells) is good for the core. You could also try using the rubber band as Marion shows here

Old Feb 24th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #366
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Lost another kg somehow, down to 88. I'm really surprised as I was a bit more relaxed with my diet this week and was even having chocolate bars and things at times .

Oh well, this motivates me to get my diet back on track again. Feels like a second chance almost .

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #367
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Wow chocolate bars I think the last time I ate that was like 12 years ago lol
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #368
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

^well if its dark-chocolate then it's actually super great for u. It regulates blood sugar, good for ur heart and brain, it contains theobromine- which is good four teeth which makes it an oxymoron of sorts, and it's jam packed with nutrients. Just one or two bars per week though...the only real minus is the hight fat content, so make it a rare treat.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #369
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't dark (eww). It was good unhealthy milk chocolate .

Oh well, had a good day today where diet was concerned.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #370
country flag TheDream

TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute TheDream has a reputation beyond repute

dominic, you don't eat sugar at all? i try to stay away but mcdonald's has the limited edition shamrock shakes and they're delicious. it's full of calories and sugar though.
TheDream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #371
country flag MH0861

MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute MH0861 has a reputation beyond repute

I have become a fan of running in the last year or so. Just bought new shoes and excited to try them out as my ankles have been hurting me a bit. I much prefer outdoors, but since January I've been running indoors and I've been doing about 3-4 miles a day three times a week. Excited for the weather to warm back up again
MH0861 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:26 AM   #372
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
^well if its dark-chocolate then it's actually super great for u. It regulates blood sugar, good for ur heart and brain, it contains theobromine- which is good four teeth which makes it an oxymoron of sorts, and it's jam packed with nutrients. Just one or two bars per week though...the only real minus is the hight fat content, so make it a rare treat.
Everytime I hear ppl say things like that I wanna cry
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #373
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Everytime I hear ppl say things like that I wanna cry
It is true though. Cocoa is good for your health.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #374
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
It is true though. Cocoa is good for your health.
If you look at it objectively, dark chocolate (which is not cocoa btw) brings about 95% negatives on your health and 5% benifits, to be generous. It does contain some small quantity of anti-oxydant which may help prevent certain types of cancers but loads of foods do and even more than chocolate and are actually healthy altogether. Chocolate is basically loads of saturated fat mixed with sugar, which are the worst "nutrients" for your health, and cause diabetes and loads of heart problems and deseases in a very concrete way.

I'm fine with ppl saying they like chocolate and that it's ok to have some in moderation (Like it's ok to drink alcohol in medoration) but to say it is a healthy food couldn't be further from the truth.
Old Feb 25th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #375
country flag Dominic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDream View Post
dominic, you don't eat sugar at all? i try to stay away but mcdonald's has the limited edition shamrock shakes and they're delicious. it's full of calories and sugar though.
Not really, I don't really like the taste of things that are too sweet, and knowing its effect on health and body, I feel like I don't need it There is some sugar in the shake I take after the gym, that's it. My weak points when I do cheat, are more fat and salty stuff, like fries, cheese or chips.