GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 20 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM   #286
country flag Elwin.
-

Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute Elwin. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast

omg. I just can't
I had to work yesterday from 10AM-6PM, and when i got home yesterdayevening i was hungry. So i had a huge salad (500g) and yogurt/quark (800g), so 1.3 kg in total.
When i woke up this morning, i weighed myself and my weight was still the same as yesterdaymorning.
I didn't expect to have gained 1.3kg obviously, but i didn't even gain 100g

Is this normal?

Last edited by Elwin. : Aug 26th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Elwin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 26th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #287
country flag Serenus Christ

Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute Serenus Christ has a reputation beyond repute

Starting p90x tomorrow.
Get right for the summer.
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #288
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

My all alcohol/Taco Bell diet that I invented is working wonders!

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #289
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

The path to weight loss and fitness gains is relatively easy. ...it's the discipline to stay on the path that's hard.

You need three tools:

1) a cardio plan
2) a heart rate monitor
3) a caloric intake log

Once you figure out your own personal metabolic rate and how many calories you need per day to maintain, gain or lose weight, then it's a matter of math.

For me, the tools I use recently are "Ride Your way Lean" (a cycling plan in a book by SELENE Yeager). I found that cycling is a means of exercise that I can do on a consistent basis and not beat up my joints and ligaments. I've done both P90X and Insanity. They're excellent. They work, but physically they take a toll on your body that makes maintenance difficult. But more important than any PARTICULAR plan is that you HAVE a plan that you can stick with.

I also use a Polar HR monitor that gives me calories burned, % of fat calories, average HR and other key info.

Finally, I use an app called "Lose It" on my phone to quickly log everything I eat. In addition, the "Lose It" app, after giving it a bit of info about your weight loss, gain or maintenance goals will give you a daily caloric "budget" to meet that goal by whatever date you requested (within healthy reason of course). It has a HUGE data base of restaurant, grocery store and brand name foods caloric and nutrition data already within its data base. Oftentimes, instead of entering data for unknown foods, it allows you to simply scan the foods barcode with your phone's camera and all the particulars pop right up.

anyway. I can almost guarantee you that if you use those tools and stick with it, you will DEFINITELY meet your goals.

Last edited by DOUBLEFIST : Aug 27th, 2012 at 04:43 AM.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #290
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin. View Post
omg. I just can't
I had to work yesterday from 10AM-6PM, and when i got home yesterdayevening i was hungry. So i had a huge salad (500g) and yogurt/quark (800g), so 1.3 kg in total.
When i woke up this morning, i weighed myself and my weight was still the same as yesterdaymorning.

Is this normal?
You are trying to weight? If so, I would recommend lifting weights and putting on muscle.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:01 PM   #291
country flag TheEmpress

TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold

Anyone heard/tried Insanity workout ?
Maria Kirilenko
TheEmpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:13 PM   #292
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpress View Post
Yes. It is not for anybody who is over about 40 years old unless you are already in the kind of shape that you don't need it.

Lot's of jumping around so make sure that your joints are in good shape.

Good luck.

The world will ask you who you are, and if you don't know, they will tell you.
HippityHop is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #293
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Based on those body types i'm an endomorh

I have great legs, always have but I have a bit of a belly even though i eat well, do a LOT of walking daily and i'm still in a BMI that's healthy.

I've started doing some weight training about 5/6 times a week, around 30 mins a day. Not sure if I can see much of a change so far. I think my arms look more toned and slightly bigger. I think my belly has gotten slightly smaller but i;m gonna keep going. Oh plus i've cut out all crap Crisps, chocolate, biscuits that sort of thing. I do have the odd dessert though

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #294
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmpress View Post
Yes I've done insanity. And hippity hop is exactly right. in my opinion, you're better off with P90X.
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 10:05 AM   #295
country flag TheEmpress

TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold TheEmpress is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Yes. It is not for anybody who is over about 40 years old unless you are already in the kind of shape that you don't need it.

Lot's of jumping around so make sure that your joints are in good shape.

Good luck.

I'm 17 Is it fast to see results ?
Maria Kirilenko
TheEmpress is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM   #296
country flag Super Dave

Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute Super Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Super Dave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #297
country flag ce

ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute ce has a reputation beyond repute

I want to lose weight but im so lazy
And i to eat
ce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM   #298
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin. View Post
omg. I just can't

Is this normal?
Seriously why don't you just eat a burger if you want to gain weight?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #299
country flag $uricate
Step to this. I dare you.

$uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute $uricate has a reputation beyond repute

I got a kidney infection this week and lost 6 pounds

PopCon 2013.
$uricate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM   #300
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matías. View Post
Seriously why don't you just eat a burger if you want to gain weight?
The best way to gain weight is to put on muscle. I'm as skinny as I've ever been but I weight a good 10 kg more because I have muscle in places I didn't before.

Starting weight training again this week but will probably keep to just once a week or something.

I'm been running every morning for like 2 months now. Only missed 1 day.