GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM   #16
country flag BigB08822

BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute BigB08822 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Dear Diary: My 20 Days of Fasting

How do you maintain your energy? Are you taking any kind of supplements? I know that it is actually NATURAL for a human to go many days without eating but after a day of not eating I get dizzy and feel like I will crash! Best of luck!
BigB08822 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM   #17
country flag Dodoboy.

Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute Dodoboy. has a reputation beyond repute

GL Sir!

I hope thi is safe

Seems like a lot of time without food

I couldn't do it, i cycle everywhere and i need some energy and i tend to pass out a lot so
Dodoboy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:49 PM   #18
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Hearing you've done it before is encouraging- does it get any easier or is each day going to get worse? ...and I didn't know that tid-bit about the carbs.
It'll get easier after a while, yes. The headaches will go away, but your energy will go down. Also, be careful of encroaching depression and moodiness.

I cheated by chewing sugar free gum, and I wanted to watch everything on the Food Network(Paula Dean is going to kill somebody one day from all that butter. Do you know she even uses it to cook fish? I digress....).

Make sure you get your fluids/water. Also, light exercise activity is nice, but expect to cramp from time to time if it's too strenous.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 11:07 PM   #19
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not trying to hate but why now?
Couldn't you have done this fast with the Moslems, Jews, or the Catholics, where you could have had over a billion people supporting you and you supporting them?
You don't have to become one, but you know with a billion people by your side, it's hard to quit.

Spring is the worse time year to do this.
You think of spring and summer treats that you haven't had for a year.
Ice cream, water ice, funnel cake, etc.

I wish you the best but you know, I guess it could be worse.
You could have made a twenty day fast with thanksgiving in the middle.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:12 AM   #20
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to look this up right now, but I know I have read that when fasting you have to do something else - I forget exactly what - and this is really necessary and very dangerous if you don't. Have you read up on the safety of just fasting before doing it?

Maybe I will look it up in a while.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:21 AM   #21
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
I don't want to look this up right now, but I know I have read that when fasting you have to do something else - I forget exactly what - and this is really necessary and very dangerous if you don't. Have you read up on the safety of just fasting before doing it?

Maybe I will look it up in a while.

The urine will become thick with waste matter and body poisons being thrown off during the fasting process, and the bowels will also have their share of waste material to deal with. But during a fast the usual peristaltic process which makes bowel action possible is suspended ; so that, if auto-intoxication is to be avoided, i.e., if one is not to a certain extent to reabsorb one's own poisons back again into the system, it is imperative that the bowels should be cleansed daily whilst fasting with the warm-water enema.
This is a very simple procedure, but if neglected, much of the value of the fast will have been wasted. Auto-intoxication is the greatest danger to guard against when fasting ', but if the enema is used as stated, the danger is easily avoided.

===========================
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 05:29 AM   #22
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake3781 View Post
....it is imperative that the bowels should be cleansed daily whilst fasting with the warm-water enema.

This is a very simple procedure, but if neglected, much of the value of the fast will have been wasted.

Auto-intoxication is the greatest danger to guard against when fasting ', but if the enema is used as stated, the danger is easily avoided.
Thanks for that! Do you think taking a daily laxative will help to get the poisons out of my body- or do you think I actually have to do the enema thing as well?
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #23
country flag drake3781

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Thanks for that! Do you think taking a daily laxative will help to get the poisons out of my body- or do you think I actually have to do the enema thing as well?
I realy don't know but I think the enema thing. Maybe you could do it every other day, though. I started reading a lot about fasting based on your thread, and a lot of these people are doing colonic irrigation. So I think the enema would be best. I've never done one so I don't know how easy or difficult they are to do, but the article says it is very simple.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #24
country flag azza

azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute azza has a reputation beyond repute

hahahahahaha im guessing ur doing this becuz ur one of those ppl who eat then throw it up the second u have a chance

no srzlly wtf is the point pf starving urself
azza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 09:08 AM   #25
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you can do it
Lord knows i can't
Really take care with this coz it can get dangerous

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:05 AM   #26
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

wow
This is not a thing to do for the faint hearted. I don't think I could do that.
Anyway, best of luck Sir.

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM   #27
country flag Boreas

Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute Boreas has a reputation beyond repute

Is there any difference between fasting and starving?
And how does it help to your health...
Boreas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #28

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by azza View Post
no srzlly wtf is the point pf starving urself
According to Christians if you fast for spiritual purposes you have to always do it in secrecy and with humility. Well I'm definitely doing it with humility, but I decided to share it openly to honor god publicly. Because I'm a little embarrassed to admit I'm doing this for god, I figure that's even more of a reason to make myself talk openly about it. We have our own ways to get closer to god, and I couldn't think of a better sacrifice, especially since I'm one of those people who loves to eat- the best food is better than the best sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas
Is there any difference between fasting and starving?

And how does it help to your health...
The main improvement I'm hoping to get is more of a spiritual one than a physical one, but from what I've read about the Master Cleanser (Lemonade Diet) there are a lot of phyiscall advantages to get out of it too:

* Helps dissolve and eliminate toxins and congestion ......that have formed in any part of the body

* Helps cleanse the kidneys and the digestive system

* Helps purify the glands and cells

* Helps eliminate unusable waste and hardened material ......in the joints and muscles

* Helps build a healthy blood stream

* Helps relieve pressure and
......irritation in the nerves, arteries and blood vessels

* Helps with weight loss

So for the first ten days I'm doing the Lemonade Cleanser, then the last 10 days I'm moving on to juices and milk. If you want to read more about the Master Cleanser, here's a link: http://www.bc1.com/~vitagem/Master_Cleanser.htm
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:52 PM   #29

Day 3

Just like yesterday I woke up with no appetite. It's usually by mid-day that I start to get really hungry. I'm noticing that if I drink a lot and try to keep my mind busy and pray it really helps to curb my appetite. The only time it really gets hard is when I think that I'm only on day 3 and I have 17 more days to go. When I think about it like that it really starts to mess with my mind- I start thinking that I'll never make it that long. I'm trying to focus on one day at a time because looking ahead just makes my task seem impossible. I wish I was working or had something to do, I think that would help the hours pass by quicker.
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #30
country flag Michael!
!

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck for the next days!
I can´t do that , that´s really impressive!

How many weight have you lost?
Michael! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote