GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:32 AM   #151
country flag delicatecutter

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GET IN SHAPE THREAD: Weight-loss, Dieters, and Exercise-enthusiast

Because your advice is the best? Your body is not the first one I'd aspire towards, no offense.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
PAW Champion: 2012 Tokyo, Moscow; 2011 Roland Garros; 2010 Bali, Portoroz
TT Doubles Champion (with Djezonfly): 2012 Melbourne, 2011 Estoril
My Twitter
delicatecutter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:35 AM   #152
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatecutter View Post
Because your advice is the best? Your body is not the first one I'd aspire towards, no offense.
Well seeing as I'm a personal trainer and have a bachelor in kinesiology and some classes in nutrition it's certainly good and who cares what body you aspire for? I can still say that some advice posted here is not good even if you don't want my body!? That made like no sense.
Dominic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #153

delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute delicatecutter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm saying I would think you would steer people to look like yourself and that's not the direction I would want. But I'm not here for tips. I know how to lose weight.

Suicide Champion: 2013 Miami; 2012 Doha; 2011 Dubai; 2010 Indian Wells, Bad Gastein; 2008 Melbourne, New Haven, Prague; 2007 Toronto
My Twitter
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:39 AM   #154
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Stefwhit View Post
Sam L u are so knowledgeable on all this health and exercise stuff, it's great. I heard vodka wasn't too bad as far as drinks go so my go to drink is a vodka-tonic I also love dirty vodka martinis. On a night of drinking w.friends I can have up to four of em...lol (don't judge and like I said it's only once a week)

And it's weird that u find eating out helps u eat better, especially since restaurants are known load up with calories. I guess now of days a lot of them provide the calorie count which makes things easier.
Thanks but that just comes from years of experience dealing with all this. But it is more from my own issues rather than actual health problems. But that's another story we won't go into. I think that's fine. My philosophy is that you should've deprive yourself of things. It's all about moderation. Even people who are on the strictest of diets (athletes, bodybuilders) will have a day where they allow themselves treats.

Well, bad eating habits are all mental. I only say that I tend to eat better when I eat out because I don't eat meat and I only have greens and fish when I eat out. But when I'm at home I have snacks and other things in the fridge. It is NOT ideal and certainly not advice for people to do so, it's more an observation for myself. The best thing is to cook your own meals. That is when I eat best because you know exactly what is going into it. It's fun to cook and you eat fresh produce rather than processed foods.

Quote:
From my experience it's best to drink alcohol instead of eating. The pounds will fall off.
That is not good advice at all. Not sure if you're trying to be funny in this thread or not. You may be skinny and stay skinny but you are also depriving yourself of necessary vitamins and minerals from all food groups.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:44 AM   #155
country flag Dominic

Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute Dominic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm saying I would think you would steer people to look like yourself and that's not the direction I would want. But I'm not here for tips. I know how to lose weight.
Wally are you aware that as a personal trainer I have all kinds of ppl coming to see me with all kinds of different goals?? Some of them wanna lose weight, some of them wanna get healthier, some of them wanna get muscles, some of the wanna cut and it's my job to be able to tell them how to reach ANY of those goals. I don't just know how to get big muscles. And in none of those goals, drinking alcohol is a valuable advice.
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM   #156

I'm just saying I would want a different personal trainer. One who looked like what I wanted to look like.

My Twitter
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #157
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
Wally are you aware that as a personal trainer I have all kinds of ppl coming to see me with all kinds of different goals?? Some of them wanna lose weight, some of them wanna get healthier, some of them wanna get muscles, some of the wanna cut and it's my job to be able to tell them how to reach ANY of those goals. I don't just know how to get big muscles. And in none of those goals, drinking alcohol is a valuable advice.
I agree. It's bad but it's a simple pleasure I allow myself.

Quote:
I'm just saying I would want a different personal trainer. One who looked like what I wanted to look like.
WHY? Sorry but you are totally off track in this thread. A good personal trainer listens to you and helps you by setting realistic goals and plans and give you advice that doesn't go in extreme and is for the long term, not a short term fix. I'm not a personal trainer but I've seen personal trainers and that's how I judge them. Why would I want to look like the personal trainer that's training me? He may want to be a bodybuilder, and I don't? What has his training program got to do with me? A personal trainer should be knowledgeable in all areas, not just one like Dominic said.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:53 AM   #158
country flag Dominic

Quote:
First of all that's a very stupid way of thinking, second of all. What do you wanna look like, skinny with no muscles?
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:56 AM   #159

I wanna look like a corpse.

My Twitter
Old Apr 25th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #160
country flag Dominic

Quote:
I wanna look like a corpse.
Well then your advice was good but I don't think most ppl want that in this thread.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 07:06 PM   #161
country flag Valanga
Zoooooooooom

Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute Valanga has a reputation beyond repute

I keep running twice every week, 7km each, for around 40 minutes. I cannot pick up the pace at all (going for <35...I am planning to run a HM in Sept, a 10k in May)

Suicide: 08 Montreal 08 Stuttgart 09 USO 11 Eastbourne Stanford 13 Sydney Highest ranked #03
Tennis Tipping: 09 Cincy D 10 Brisbane D Copenhagen SD 11 Palermo D Beijing S 12 Pattaya S Stuttgart Baku D 13 Palermo D 14 Monterrey D(SCHR: 17 DCHR: 10)
Valanga is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 09:16 PM   #162
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

Third session in the bag. I was sweating like crazy but it wasn't too bad. I already see a difference in my stamina. I have another session 2mrw... I'm scared to weigh myself. I'm thinking I will wait till I'm done w.the trainer before I step on a scale.
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM   #163
country flag Ellen Dawson

Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future Ellen Dawson has a brilliant future

For women, I know the size that most consider average (normal). What would that be for men? What's considered an an average weight? Or do you guys base it on your height? Is the waist size that's considered average?

Quote:
From my experience it's best to drink alcohol instead of eating. The pounds will fall off.
Just as long as it's not beer, it could work. The down side? Your skin will take a beating (booze dries it out) and you'll look much older than you really are and the more you drink per day accelerates your aging. Some people are willing to "pay the price" to be thin.
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 11:08 PM   #164
country flag Cage

Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute Cage has a reputation beyond repute

Ive lost 45 kgs ( use to be 125 kgs ) But in not so healthy fashion. Have to be so careful i could put it back on so easily

Vladimira Uhlirova
Cage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2012, 11:39 PM   #165
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably, but it's not healthy. And when you're not healthy, you don't look great regardless of your weight. First, you need to eat some real food, calories from alcohol are empty calories. Of course, moderate drinking can not harm you, but drinking instead of eating is wrong on so many levels. Have you visited a doctor after losing the weight?