Tyra Banks' Manifesto on Beauty - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 06:46 AM   #1
country flag fufuqifuqishahah

fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute fufuqifuqishahah has a reputation beyond repute
Tyra Banks' Manifesto on Beauty

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tyra-...od=djem10point

Quote:
Tyra Banks Says Beauty in the Future Will Mean Looking Different
Plastic Surgery and Other Aids Will Be Widely Available, Putting a Premium on Distinct Looks

By TYRA BANKS
July 7, 2014 3:50 p.m. ET

As I look into the future, I see radical changes in both how people "attain beauty," and how the world perceives beauty. In general, I believe, traditional beauty will be less valuable—and more uniqueness will be heralded.

But let me be more specific with 10 predictions:

1. Plastic surgery will be as easy and quick as going to the drugstore for Tylenol. Emphasis will be on how unique and interesting one can look, as opposed to a cookie-cutter look. People will be vying for that cutting-edge, distinct look in the way that today celebs reach for baby names that defy convention.

2. There will be no hair extensions. If one wants longer locks, a hair-growing serum is applied to the scalp, and the length and thickness of the hair will increase in 24 hours. The popular hair texture of choice will be curly.

3. Global warming will threaten our crops so natural food will be scarce. Hourglass, curvy bodies will be the aspirational beauty standard, representing that those women have access to bounties of fulfilling yet healthy food, which means they are affluent.

4. The features of one's baby will be as selectable as menu items at a fast-food drive-through window. Blue and green eyes will become so common that dark brown will become the rare and newly desired eye color.

5. Skin color and features will mesh into a similar shade for the majority of people. Typical features and coloring will lean toward a Rihanna or Beyoncé or me kind of look. People with alabaster or ebony skin will be rare and heralded for that uniqueness.

6. Because beauty will be so readily accessible and skin color and features will be similar, prejudices based on physical features will be nearly eradicated. Prejudice will be socioeconomically based.

7. Advertising for the beauty industry will have shifted. Since beauty will be easily attainable, models will be as relevant as a horse and buggy. Robot/avatar models with features that look totally different from the golden-skinned everyday people will represent and sell products world-wide.

8. Everyone will have at least one personal robot/assistant/companion. If a person allows that robot/assistant to suggest products paid for by sponsors, that person's robot will be free of charge. In fact, that person will actually be paid to use the robot by a pool of advertisers. The robot will have super artificial intelligence and will be able to sense if its owner is having a low-self-esteem day and will then strategically give boosts of confidence to its owner. "Wow, Eloisa! Your eyes look especially lovely today."

9. For those who choose not to go for plastic surgery, beauty ingestibles (active waters, etc.) will give instant, yet temporary results: contoured cheekbones, rosy cheeks, arched eyebrows. However, one must use them repeatedly to maintain results.

10. Women's empowerment will be an irrelevant concept because the balance of power between the sexes will have shifted dramatically. Women, in control of when they can have children (up to age 120!), and having more degrees and education than men, will be in charge. Men will be responsible for 70% of cosmetics sales and plastic-surgery procedures world-wide. Why? Men will be vying for women's attention, obsessed with being attractive to females and snagging well-off ladies who can take care of them.
how fun

Grand Slam [oJankyoNutcrackeroAnaresoVeeo]
Come Baaaack [oShinoboooMarie!oThe Original Russian Bombshello]
Wake Up! [oNastyaoThe Slovak SpideroFrannyoMomooVaniaoJellyDee!o]

fufuqifuqishahah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #2
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tyra Banks' Manifesto on Beauty

Who does she think she is, Michio Kaku?

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Sammo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 04:09 PM   #3
country flag pov

pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute pov has a reputation beyond repute

^ Her predictions are about as valid as his.
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 04:48 PM   #4
country flag Sammo

Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute Sammo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pov View Post
^ Her predictions are about as valid as his.
No because they are stupid, number 3 for example. The main reason why people get fat is because they eat trans fats and processed crap, people won't be thin in the future because of lack of crops I guarantee you that

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live."
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 04:58 PM   #5
country flag Sammo

Nevertheless some of them are cool

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 06:28 PM   #6
country flag Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute Beat has a reputation beyond repute

either she's really, really thick or really, really unfunny. or both.

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 07:12 PM   #7
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was funny.
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:06 PM   #8
country flag V-MAC
blurring the lines between the real and the fake

V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute V-MAC has a reputation beyond repute

Tyra has always been an acquired taste
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:08 PM   #9
LeRoy.

LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute LeRoy. has a reputation beyond repute

Does she troll us all the time ? Or is she just dumb and self absorbed ?
LeRoy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:11 PM   #10
country flag Sammo

Tyra is overrated, she isn't even the prettiest green-eyed black model

Noemie Lenoir

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:28 PM   #11
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammo View Post

Noemie Lenoir
She is pretty...but she is no Tyra Banks when it comes to business
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #12
country flag Sammo

But Noemie is the better model with the more prestigious career I mean Tyra's no Heidi Klum she's done actual things in the fashion industry like Ralph Lauren or YSL or D&G but Noemie has a better career; business is another story.

Old Jul 9th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #13
country flag mirzalover

Quote:
But Noemie is the better model with the more prestigious career I mean Tyra's no Heidi Klum she's done actual things in the fashion industry like Ralph Lauren or YSL or D&G but Noemie has a better career; business is another story.
Tyra left high fashion modeling and went in a different direction after like 5-6 years to do more commercial work. She still was on Elle, Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Cosmopolitan, Sports Illustrated and worked with Chanel, Valentino, Fendi Dolce & Gabbana, Ralph Lauren, CoverGirl, Tommy Hilfiger,Yves Saint Laurent, GQ, , Victoria Secret etc. That's a pretty solid modeling career. I'm familiar with Noemie Lenior but I wouldnt really give either the edge as far as their modeling goes, I'd give Tyra the edge business wise obviously. Both are gorgeous ladies though.
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 10:37 PM   #14
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Noemie Lenoir
Why are you so desperate sometimes?

Is there some reason she has to be the prettiest? In any case, I think Tyra is the better looking party here. I think she is quite satisfied with her career, so I don't think she begrudge's Noemi her career. Now Naomi, that's a different matter.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 11:47 PM   #15
country flag Sammo

Quote:
Originally Posted by edificio View Post
Why are you so desperate sometimes?

Is there some reason she has to be the prettiest? In any case, I think Tyra is the better looking party here. I think she is quite satisfied with her career, so I don't think she begrudge's Noemi her career. Now Naomi, that's a different matter.
Enlighten me