Giving lessons to a new player. - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM   #1
country flag Sinnet

Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all Sinnet is a name known to all
Giving lessons to a new player.

Hello, everyone.

So a friend of a friend has asked me to coach her young daughter in the basics and whatnot before she goes to summer camps this summer to gear up for high school tennis. She's never played tennis before and is just looking to be introduced to everything before the camps start.

I've played tennis since I was 13 or 14 and all throughout high school (19 years old now), and I've been pretty fortunate to have been coached to have pretty good form to "pass on" to others.

My question here, as someone who has never coached anybody before, is what kind of things should I do for a brand new player, someone who has NEVER played tennis? When I started being coached, I had already been playing with my dad, and I don't remember those very early days.

Does anyone here have any suggested drills or activities for a new player in learning the sport and staying interested in it? Thank you for any help!
Sinnet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 09:28 PM   #2
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Giving lessons to a new player.

In addition to the tennis basics, I suggest you give her a set of exercises good for tennis. About a 15 minute set; ask her to do it 3-4 times per week. Look up the proper ones, but include squats, lunges, twists, flys.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote