Bush's disapproval rating worst of any president in 70 years - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:24 PM   #1
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute
Bush's disapproval rating worst of any president in 70 years

Source: USA Today

WASHINGTON — President Bush has set a record he'd presumably prefer to avoid: the highest disapproval rating of any president in the 70-year history of the Gallup Poll.

In a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll taken Friday through Sunday, 28% of Americans approve of the job Bush is doing; 69% disapprove. The approval rating matches the low point of his presidency, and the disapproval sets a new high for any president since Franklin Roosevelt.

The previous record of 67% was reached by Harry Truman in January 1952, when the United States was enmeshed in the Korean War.

... Views of Bush divide sharply along party lines. Among Republicans, 66% approve and 32% disapprove. Disapproval is nearly universal — 91% — among Democrats. Of independents, 23% approve, 72% disapprove of the job he's doing.

Read more: http://www.usatoday.com/printedition/news/20080422/a_po...

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!

Last edited by Pureracket : Apr 22nd, 2008 at 04:39 PM.
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM   #2
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bush's disapproval rating worst of any president in 70 years

Too bad that it took 8 years...
homogenius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

"Worst President Ever"

But it's really a tragedy especially for those of us who expected this all along. Also, the real damage will still take some more time to develop. Lower life expectancies and such.

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:36 PM   #4
country flag Philbo

Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute Philbo has a reputation beyond repute

I told all you (52%) americans you made a huge mistake in 2004.

2000 was forgivable as the election was stolen. But there is no excuse for 2004. Shame on 52% of americans for inflicting this buffoon on the rest of the world.
Philbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:39 PM   #5
country flag homogenius

homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute homogenius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechfan View Post
I told all you (52%) americans you made a huge mistake in 2004.

2000 was forgivable as the election was stolen. But there is no excuse for 2004. Shame on 52% of americans for inflicting this buffoon on the rest of the world.
and on the 48% of americans who didn't vote for him as well.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM   #6
country flag homogenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureracket View Post
"Worst President Ever"

But it's really a tragedy especially for those of us who expected this all along. Also, the real damage will still take some more time to develop. Lower life expectancies and such.
I wonder how his 8 years of "reign" will be judged in 10 or 20 years.

Last edited by homogenius : Apr 22nd, 2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 04:41 PM   #7
Pureracket

9% of Democrats approve of him. I'd like to meet such a creature. Then again, they could be posting on this board. LOL!!!!!

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM   #8
country flag homogenius

Quote:
9% of Democrats approve of him. I'd like to meet such a creature. Then again, they could be posting on this board. LOL!!!!!
lol
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:03 PM   #9
country flag In The Zone
it's serena, bitch.

In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute In The Zone has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if I trust this poll considering we freaking voted him back into office with similar polls in 2004.
In The Zone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #10
Pureracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by In The Zone View Post
Not sure if I trust this poll considering we freaking voted him back into office with similar polls in 2004.
Intersting you should say that. Voting machines without a paper trail of any kind were questioned again, again. Oddly, those same voting machines were controlled by a rightwing political company.

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:39 PM   #11
country flag Yasmine
Somewhere over the rainbow.

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute

Of course he wouldn't approve it

That said, people seem to have short memories anywhere you go. Why the hell was he voted in again in 2004 in the first place. Now the people who complain about his politics can only blame themselves, they should think before they cast their votes next time.
I'm not talking about people in this thread, just in general. You take the responsibility for the people you vote in.
Yasmine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:41 PM   #12
country flag Yasmine

Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute Yasmine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Intersting you should say that. Voting machines without a paper trail of any kind were questioned again, again. Oddly, those same voting machines were controlled by a rightwing political company.

Given all the technology progress, those machines can indeed be manipulated pretty much in anyway we want. But that would be going too paranoied
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:45 PM   #13
Pureracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmine View Post
Of course he wouldn't approve it

That said, people seem to have short memories anywhere you go. Why the hell was he voted in again in 2004 in the first place. Now the people who complain about his politics can only blame themselves, they should think before they cast their votes next time. I'm not talking about people in this thread, just in general. You take the responsibility for the people you vote in.
I totally agree. There's something funny about how American politics works, though. I don't know if people were actually voting for Bush as much as they were voting against the people who were supporting Kerry.

It may very well happen in this Democratic primary this season.

Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:56 PM   #14
country flag Yasmine

I'm afraid it might
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 08:19 PM   #15
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

I have yet to find anyone who'll admit they voted for Bush in 2004.

█████████████████ʘ
Stamp Paid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote