Serena Williams' Signature Shot - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #1
GogoGirl

GogoGirl has disabled reputation
Serena Williams' Signature Shot

Hey All,

X-cuse me if this has been posted - but they showed it today after Serena's win. I thought it strong. It'a a nice piece, and she looks so good. Venus's is on second link.

"YOU'RE LOOKING GOOD SERENA" "KEEP IT GOING"

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=31321541

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM   #2
country flag Mina Vagante

Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute Mina Vagante has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena Williams' Signature Shot

Personally, Serena should have had the serve. I like that though Remeber seeing it at Australian Open
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #3
country flag DOUBLEFIST

DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute DOUBLEFIST has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I think Serena's shot- the one which was so devastating in her 1st USO win was her inside out BACKHAND!!
DOUBLEFIST is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 09:02 PM   #4
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute

I LOVED IT! The clip was amazing and so truthful! All of the key points Serena outlined were SPOT ON (legs, hipz, etc.). Thanks for sharing this clip
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2008, 10:07 PM   #5
country flag heartBREAKeRS

heartBREAKeRS has disabled reputation

Nice, I'm gonna save this!

heartBREAKeRS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 01:31 AM   #6
country flag Dunlop1

Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute Dunlop1 has a reputation beyond repute

Her signature shot is her Serve.
However Vaidisova already did the serve for the Signature Shot series so I guess they couldn't do another serve.
If you look on youtube you will find James Blake signature shot forehand, Vaidisova sig shot serve

Serena's serve is definitely her signature shot. She can flatten it out and place it on a dime. She has very good topspin on her kick serve. The shot is solid and just doesn't break down. The technique is simple and the motion is fluid from the ball toss to her knee bend.
Dunlop1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #7
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Serena Williams' Signature Shot

The crosscourt backhand return of serve ! She must have hit that shot atleast half a dozen times within 2 return of services agains JJ in Miami.I would be happy to hit 6 in a whole match .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 03:17 AM   #8
country flag OrdinaryfoolisNJ

OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future OrdinaryfoolisNJ has a brilliant future

In my humble opinion, Serena's signature shot is her serve.

"I still feel in the back of my mind that when Serena is committed and in shape, she's the best player"
Chris Evert ESPN May 2007
OrdinaryfoolisNJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 03:42 AM   #9
country flag metamorpha

metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of metamorpha has much to be proud of

IMO, her signature shot is her ferocious return serve, especially on 2nd serve.

Reminds me of James Blake ability and also Fernando Gonzalez in AO 07 mode (whose killer-forehand inspired her that time).
metamorpha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #10
country flag MrSerenaWilliams
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute MrSerenaWilliams has a reputation beyond repute

I think her best shot is her serve too but her backhand's nothing to turn your nose up.....although..... why they didn't do "you know who" is beyond me (or maybe they'll use her for the volley, since those are pretty good).

So who's done one:
Venus
Serena
James
Nicole

who else?
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:56 AM   #11
country flag qc_aneres

qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light qc_aneres is a glorious beacon of light

^^
qc_aneres is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 09:44 AM   #12
country flag jfaithfully

jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light jfaithfully is a glorious beacon of light

i would say yes her serve and if she times it right her f.h is a real big shot, the many times i have seen her oppenents not move or court sleeping
jfaithfully is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #13
country flag Mikey B

Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of Mikey B has much to be proud of

all her shots are huge when on, but there's no doubt that her serve is her signature shot.. without that who knows where she'd be...
Mikey B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #14
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

I would say her return of slow second serve is her signature shot. Just the attitude she does it in and how fast it's returned. Great to watch too

But her serve also is a good one!!

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #15
country flag Destiny

Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute Destiny has a reputation beyond repute

Just saw Venus has that one so thats probably why she choose backhand..

TWITTER NAME : https://twitter.com/Mozzawalks
Destiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote