The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 03:45 AM   #1
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum

I felt it was time that the site had a forum for RKJ after her stellar win at the 25K in Pelham, Al last week.
More career info to follow on RKJ within the next few days. In the meantime, it would be nice to hear from her fans within this thread.

Last edited by CrossCourt~Rally : Apr 17th, 2008 at 10:40 PM.
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #2
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Raquel Kopes - Jones Fan Forum

Finally! Nice work, Frazier~Force. Raquel definitely does deserve a thread, and so does Ahsha Rolle (but probably not poor old Tiya! )

But her name is spelled Kops-Jones, not Kopes.

Here's an article on her Pelham final:

Kops-Jones beats top seed to win Pelham title
Monday, April 07, 2008
SOLOMON CRENSHAW JR., News staff writer

Raquel Kops-Jones fed Rosana De Los Rios a steady diet of heavy groundstrokes and beat the top seed 6-3, 6-4 in the final of the Pelham Racquet Club USTA $25,000 Pro Circuit Challenger.

Sunday turned out to be bonus day for nearly 100 fans who turned out to watch at least part of seven matches. Rain Saturday washed out all action on the clay courts and forced tournament officials to squeeze two days of play into one.

Kops-Jones and De Los Rios each showed signs of fatigue from having played a semifinal earlier Sunday. Each struggled to hold serve with De Los Rios losing hers three times and Kops-Jones twice in the first seven games.

Kops-Jones, who hyphenates her name to honor her father and mother, said she tried to stay away from the top seed's strong forehand.

"I was trying to hit mostly heavy balls to her backhand and open up the court for my forehand," she said. "I served mostly to her backhand and tried to get it up to her backhand."

Kops-Jones broke De Los Rios in the fourth game of the second set only to be broken herself at 15 in the next game. De Los Rios couldn't capitalize, however, as she went down love-40 on her next serve and lost her serve on the third break point of that game.

"She put a lot of topspin on the ball," De Los Rios said of Kops-Jones' attacking style. "I think that's why she beat me today."

From the beginning, it became apparent that De Los Rios couldn't get many shots beyond the reach of the No.7 seed. Kops-Jones sprinted from sideline to sideline and punctuated her play with winning shots.

"I'm tired so I don't know where I got the energy," Kops-Jones said. "I could tell she was tired as well. A lot of what I work on with my coach is a lot of footwork and making sure you're there for the ball and set up."

Kops-Jones received $2,940 for winning her second Pro Circuit event. De Los Rios got $1,666 as the runner-up.

Ahsha Rolle and Michaela Pastikova had never played doubles together before. Sunday, they looked like longtime teammates as they beat Ye-Ra Lee and Remi Tezuka 7-5, 6-2.

Pastikova is a former Australian Open doubles semifinalist who was No.32 in the world in doubles two years ago. The player from the Czech Republic said groundstrokes nicely complimented Rolle's net play.

The victors split $1,176 while the runners-up split $686.

http://bama.live.advance.net/sports/...440.xml&coll=2
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 11:38 AM   #3
country flag MIMAIHB

MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold MIMAIHB is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum

An interview with Racquel at World Team Tennis finals:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1026221817481

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilson-Tennis/26577873656
MIMAIHB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 03:07 AM   #4

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIMAIHB View Post
Thanks so much for the lyncs. I really enjoyed RKJ on the local WTT broadcast against Philly. I promise to start updating her career asap... Thanks!
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:39 AM   #5
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Indian Wells Doubles Draw:

(1) Black/Huber vs Craybas/Tanasugarn
Kleybanova/Niculescu vs Schiavone/Wozniacki
Yan/Zheng vs Dushevia/Shvedova
Groenefeld/Schnyder vs (7) Kirilenko/Pennetta

(4) Stosur/Stubbs vs Jans/Rosolska
Amanmuradova/King vs Azarenka/Zvonareva
Hradecka/Uhlirova vs Bonderenko/Bonderanko
Kudryavtseva/Rodionova vs (5) Hantuchova/Sugiyama

(8) Chan/Sun vs Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova
Kops-Jones/Spears vs Dechy/Santangelo
Dulko/Peer vs Chuang/Mirza
(3) Hsieh/Peng vs Peschke/Raymond

(6) Llagostera Vives/Martinez Sanchez vs Radwanska/Szavay
(WC)Sharapova/Vesnina vs Makarova/Poutchek
Cirstea/Voskoboeva vs (WC) Mattek-Sands/Washington
(WC) Kuznetsova/Mauresmo vs (2) Medina Garrigues/Ruano Pascual

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #6

Ooops, i better start updating her forum asap.

Hopefully Abi and RKJ can cause an upset in the 1st rd . Its really hard for these 2 at the moment to juggle their respective doubles and singles careers a their singles rankings have dropped so low. Hopefully they will both do well in singles ( aswell as doubles ) during the ITFs this Spring in the deep south.
Old Mar 11th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #7
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck Girls!
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #8
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Friday OOP:
STADIUM 1 start 11:00 am
[17] A Mauresmo (FRA) vs A Groenefeld (GER) - WTA
S Querrey (USA) vs G Canas (ARG) - ATP
[1] D Safina (RUS) vs T Pironkova (BUL) - WTA
[WC] M Lopez (ESP) / R Nadal (ESP) vs F Cermak (CZE) / M Mertinak (SVK) - ATP
Not Before 7:30 PM
M Fish (USA) / A Roddick (USA) vs J Chardy (FRA) / G Simon (FRA) - ATP
[WC] U Radwanska (POL) vs [6] S Kuznetsova (RUS) - WTA
STADIUM 2 start 11:00 am
T Berdych (CZE) / N Kiefer (GER) vs R Hutchins (GBR) / A Murray (GBR) - ATP
[10] M Bartoli (FRA) vs S Peer (ISR) - WTA
O Hernandez (ESP) vs T Haas (GER) - ATP
[WC] T Dent (USA) vs D Junqueira (ARG) - ATP
[4] V Zvonareva (RUS) vs Y Chan (TPE) - WTA
E Makarova (RUS) vs [19] A Chakvetadze (RUS) - WTA
STADIUM 3 start 11:00 am
[9] C Wozniacki (DEN) vs T Bacsinszky (SUI) - WTA
[WC] W Odesnik (USA) vs [WC] R Sweeting (USA) - ATP
[Q] Y Shvedova (KAZ) vs [8] V Azarenka (BLR) - WTA
B Reynolds (USA) vs F Fognini (ITA) - ATP
J Craybas (USA) vs [16] A Medina Garrigues (ESP) - WTA
[WC] J Isner (USA) vs C Rochus (BEL) - ATP
COURT 4 start 11:00 am
[Q] T Widom (USA) vs I Navarro (ESP) - ATP
V Razzano (FRA) vs [18] K Kanepi (EST) - WTA
[Q] M Russell (USA) vs G Garcia-Lopez (ESP) - ATP
N Li (CHN) vs [13] P Schnyder (SUI) - WTA
M Youzhny (RUS) vs V Troicki (SRB) - ATP
N Massu (CHI) vs E Schwank (ARG) - ATP
COURT 5 start 11:00 am
O Govortsova (BLR) vs [28] S Peng (CHN) - WTA
V Hanescu (ROU) vs J Chardy (FRA) - ATP
[32] S Cirstea (ROU) vs E Vesnina (RUS) - WTA
M Vassallo Arguello (ARG) vs [Q] R de Voest (RSA) - ATP
G Dulko (ARG) / S Peer (ISR) vs C Chuang (TPE) / S Mirza (IND) - WTA
P Kvitova (CZE) vs [26] I Benesova (CZE) - WTA
COURT 6 start 11:00 am
[WC] K Anderson (RSA) vs [Q] M Berrer (GER) - ATP
[29] C Suarez Navarro (ESP) vs [WC] A Glatch (USA) - WTA
J Chela (ARG) vs A Seppi (ITA) - ATP
[24] A Bondarenko (UKR) vs N Vaidisova (CZE) - WTA
[Q] B Phau (GER) vs [Q] R Kendrick (USA) - ATP
R Kops-Jones (USA) / A Spears (USA) vs N Dechy (FRA) / M Santangelo (ITA) - WTA
COURT 8 start 11:00 am
[Q] D Koellerer (AUT) vs M Zverev (GER) - ATP
[3] M Bhupathi (IND) / M Knowles (BAH) vs I Kunitsyn (RUS) / D Tursunov (RUS) - ATP
[4] S Stosur (AUS) / R Stubbs (AUS) vs K Jans (POL) / A Rosolska (POL) - WTA
COURT 7 start 11:00 am
[7] J Coetzee (RSA) / W Moodie (RSA) vs M Llodra (FRA) / R Stepanek (CZE) - ATP
F Gonzalez (CHI) / T Robredo (ESP) vs R Schuettler (GER) / R Soderling (SWE) - ATP
I Karlovic (CRO) / D Vemic (SRB) vs D Ferrer (ESP) / A Montanes (ESP) - ATP
A Kleybanova (RUS) / M Niculescu (ROU) vs F Schiavone (ITA) / C Wozniacki (DEN) - WTA

Old Mar 13th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #9
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

lets go girls!
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 03:03 AM   #10

Guys, we have to think of a name combo for this team .

Abiquel ?? Any ideas ??
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM   #11

Lightbulb Re: The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum

IW 1R: Kops-Jones/Spears d. Dechy/Santangelo 6-4 3-6 10-5

Next up: Benesova/Strycova

Also...RKJ is signed up to play in the 25K in Reading next week. However, i think if she wins one more doubles match she will have to pull out .
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 03:51 PM   #12
country flag hellas719

Go Go Go
And a pic:

Old Mar 14th, 2009, 04:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post

Go Go Go
And a pic:

Great pic! RKJ is a very fit player!

Thanks for posting
Old Mar 16th, 2009, 02:57 AM   #14
country flag hellas719

Monday OOP:
COURT 6 start 11:00 am
Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova vs Kops-Jones/Spears
Ferrer/Montanes vs Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
Del Potro/Nalbandian vs Dlouhy/Paes
Mathieu/Safin vs Melo/Sa
Dulko/Peer vs Hsieh/Peng

Old Mar 16th, 2009, 03:18 AM   #15

Cool Re: The Raquel Kops - Jones Fan Forum

Lets goooo RKJ/ABI .

This thread is almost to its 2nd page .