Jane Wong sacked coach, Novotna to replace coaching place - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 11:31 AM   #1
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Jane Wong sacked coach, Novotna to replace coaching place

Jane Wong has admitted that she has dismissed her coach, John Lee who had coach her since she was junior.

'We both agree that he has done the maximum that he can offer to me and it is time for me to get some fresh coaching to pick up my career again'

Jane wong ever since her French Open victory in 2001, has been on a downhill, many experts said that her counterpunching game will no longer work on the many power players nowadays. Jane has since French Open, play on a limited schedule and specualtion had it that she has been working out 4 times a week to increase her strength.

'I am very happy with my training, and hopefully result will come, I am not counting on anything though'

Meanwhile Jane has enjoyed success in doubles
'Yeah winning French Open doubles and getting to semis of wimbledon is a fantastic, it just shows that I can still play'

'Right now, I am looking for a coach, my agent is finding for me, but if there is anyone who would like the challenge, feel free to contact me haha'

Last edited by wongqks : Jul 22nd, 2002 at 04:46 PM.
wongqks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 03:15 PM   #2
country flag VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Keeper of Venus & Serena

VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute VSFan1 aka Joshua L. has a reputation beyond repute

Loves of my life....
Venus Ebone Starr Williams
Serena Jamica Williams
a lifelong and devoted fan since 1996

Official Life Coach of the Royal Court
VSFan1 aka Joshua L. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 11:01 AM   #3
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck to Jane

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 04:50 PM   #4
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of wongqks has much to be proud of
Jane Wong today announced that Jana Novotna will become her new coach.

'I call Jana many times over these few weeks and in the end she finally agree to be my coach, it is an absolute honour as she is my idol.'

Ask whether Jane is intending to change her game plan to serve and volley style.
'Well it won't be exactly, but I will be trying to improve my serve my slice and my volley. I had a practise session with Jana a few hours ago and it went very well, so hopefully it will pay off.'

'I will work hard on my game, even if I stay around in top 30, I dun mind, coz I still love the game. I would like to thanks people like Monica and Ruflina for their support'
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 02:11 AM   #5
KiwiGuy

KiwiGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Jane did the right thing, this change has worked out so well for her.
KiwiGuy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:55 AM   #6
country flag wongqks
Team WTAworld

thnaks so much kiwiguy hehe, also which player are you?

Just curious hehe
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years

visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=397111