Stevenson & the Top 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #1
country flag Equipped

Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future
Stevenson & the Top 10

Prior to her current match-up with Jankovic, the last time Alexandra Stevenson played a player in the:

TOP 50
Memphis 2006
Arvidsson def. Stevenson 6-2, 6-4

TOP 20
Paris Indoors 2004
Farina Elia def. Stevenson 6-7, 7-5, 6-2

TOP 10
Amelia Island 2003
Hantuchova def. Stevenson 6-4, 3-6, 6-2

TOP 5
Sydney 2002
Stevenson def. Capriati 7-6, 3-6, 6-4

Stevenson's overall record against Top Ten players: 5-22
Brisbane 2012 + Auckland 2012 + Bogota 2012 + Kuala Lumpur 2013
Dubai 2014 + Montreal 2014 + Seoul 2014 + Sofia TOC 2014
Equipped is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #2
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Stevenson & the Top 10

Interesting. It's actually not a bad record since her highest was only 18 and to rack up 5 Top 10 wins is pretty good. Especially beating Capriati.

Good luck Lexy!

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:16 PM   #3
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

I remember following that match between Silvia and Alex
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:21 PM   #4
country flag mirzalover

mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute mirzalover has a reputation beyond repute

Didnt she beat Jennifer 3 times in 2002?
mirzalover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #5
country flag Equipped

Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future Equipped has a brilliant future

She's got a few wins over Capriati. I can't remember if it's 2 or 3.
Brisbane 2012 + Auckland 2012 + Bogota 2012 + Kuala Lumpur 2013
Dubai 2014 + Montreal 2014 + Seoul 2014 + Sofia TOC 2014
Equipped is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #6
country flag bwahahahahaha

bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirzalover View Post
Didnt she beat Jennifer 3 times in 2002?
Yes. Icluding a 6-1 6-1 thrashing in Linz. And Capriati was the top seed every time Lexy beat her
bwahahahahaha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #7
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute

I think Alex has turned the corner she is on her way up regardless of what happens in her match with JJ this is her turning point.She is back and we will see more of her in upcoming events,all she needs are confidence building maches under her belt.She wont lose to JJ because she is less of player but because she is not yet comfortable in these situations.Good luck this year Alex!
frontier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #8
country flag markhingis

markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of

her ranking will improve a bit, not enough I guess to avoid playing qualies in lesser events

Aga Radwańska * MARTA DOMACHOWSKA * Ula Radwańska
Martina Hingis - U R always on my mind
markhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM   #9
country flag frontier

frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute frontier has a reputation beyond repute

I think she should also play doubles that would do her game some good.Good luck Alex!this is just the beginning your time has come.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #10
country flag Thkmra

Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future Thkmra has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier View Post
I think Alex has turned the corner she is on her way up regardless of what happens in her match with JJ this is her turning point.She is back and we will see more of her in upcoming events,all she needs are confidence building maches under her belt.She wont lose to JJ because she is less of player but because she is not yet comfortable in these situations.Good luck this year Alex!
I sure hope so..because I would Love, love looooove to see Alex turn it around, and become a force in the game again!!!
Thkmra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:00 PM   #11
country flag Bruno71

Bruno71 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Alex, in a decade on the tour, hasn't nearly the accomplishments JJ has. She's capable of a lot more than she's shown in the last few years, but she's no JJ.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:12 PM   #12
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think Alex has turned the corner she is on her way up regardless of what happens in her match with JJ this is her turning point.She is back and we will see more of her in upcoming events,all she needs are confidence building maches under her belt. She wont lose to JJ because she is less of player but because she is not yet comfortable in these situations. Good luck this year Alex!
No, she IS less of a player. FAR, FAR less. Have you ever seen Alex's movement on a tennis court?
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #13
country flag frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie janie View Post
No, she IS less of a player. FAR, FAR less. Have you ever seen Alex's movement on a tennis court?
I am telling you she has turned a corner,she is starting to feel confident and there are important people watching who will help her.I want you to visit this thread at the end of summer when she reaches the top 100.JJ was also in the same boat until one match changed everything.Good luck Lexy rock on!
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:54 PM   #14
country flag frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno71 View Post
Alex, in a decade on the tour, hasn't nearly the accomplishments JJ has. She's capable of a lot more than she's shown in the last few years, but she's no JJ.
She had serious surgery and lost confidence thats all.You are forgetting she was a semifinalist at a prestigious event like Wimbledon,all this happened when she was a teenager now she is grown up ,whether she becomes a force or not on tour it doesnt matter at least she is not sitting on her laurels....not a quitter.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #15
auntie janie

auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute auntie janie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am telling you she has turned a corner,she is starting to feel confident and there are important people watching who will help her.I want you to visit this thread at the end of summer when she reaches the top 100.JJ was also in the same boat until one match changed everything.Good luck Lexy rock on!
Maybe Alex will reach the top 100 at the end of the summer. So what? The top 100 is nothing like the top 5, and the top 5 is where JJ resides, and where she deserves to be. Alex moves about as well as a statue, and until that changes drastically, she's not ever going to be near the player that JJ is.

She'll always have the bigger mouth, though; I have to concede that.
auntie janie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote