The Discovery Thread - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #61
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Discovery Thread - Unearthing Generation Next

Does anybody else love the names of some of the girls coming up?

Catovic, Rajicic, Hoang, Polak, Stojic...

Australia has to be one of, if not the most multicultural country.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM   #62
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and I really like Kassandra Dunser. Someone representing for NT!
Old Mar 18th, 2009, 12:57 AM   #63
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Viktorija was given another wildcard for the $US10 000 Hamilton ITF Women's Circuit qualifying event, last weekend. However she lost her first round match to South Africa's Lizaan Du Plessis, the No.5 seed ranked 726th, 6-2 6-4.

She is still on the entry list for next week's Wellington $US10 000, but she is also supposed to be playing in an AMT in Melbourne this week.

IN MORE NEWS...
Viktorija has been selected, alongside Molly Polak and Alexandra Nancarrow, to compete in the BNP Paribas Junior Fed Cup Asia/Pacific Qualifying Competition, to be held in Shepparton, Victoria. Pretty good for two 15 y.o girls to be selected for a 16&U event, youngest team we have had since '04 when Olivia Lukaszewicz was aided by Shayna McDowell and Michelle Brycki.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 05:23 AM   #64
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Viktorija has continued her great start to 2009 by winning the Wilson AMT No.2 in Melbourne over the weekend. On the way to winning, Vika beat Abigail Tere Apisah (No.16 seed) 4-6 6-1 6-3, Karen Filippou (No.10 seed) 6-1 6-3 and Erin Liefeld (No.3 seed) 6-3 6-4. Daniella Dominikovic was the top seed, Jenny Swift No.2.

She will play the Victorian AMT No.3 this week.
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:51 AM   #65
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow very impressive run there by Viktorija, I'm not suprised by the scoreline against Abigail, I guess she wore her down in the last two sets. Abigail has Serena-esque groundstrokes and has serious talent, but does tend to lose concentration easy if she plays a consistent player.

Why in the heck does Nancarrow keep getting these opportunities?? She hasn't shown ANY promise at all. Where is Catovic's reward for winning 14's?

Ugh.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2009, 10:54 AM   #66
country flag OZTENNIS

^^^
Agreed.
Catovic doesn't seem to play a whole lot though. Maybe this is her ''punishment.''

There is a 'Digby Nancarrow' that works (or worked, don't know if he still does) for TA, maybe that's a relative of Alex's and hence she keeps getting these opportunities. But I agree, Vika would thrash her IMO
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 12:41 AM   #67
country flag OZTENNIS

Molik to captain Junior Fed Cup team
Melbourne, 31 March 2009
Tennis Australia

Alicia Molik
Tennis Australia

Olympic bronze medallist Alicia Molik has been named as captain of the Optus Australian Junior Fed Cup team for 2009.

The former world No.8 is looking forward to working with the Optus Australian Junior Fed Cup team of Viktorija Rajicic (VIC), Alexandra Nancarrow (ACT) and Molly Polak (VIC).

The team will head to Shepparton, Victoria, for the Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Qualifying event which will be held on natural grass between April 15-20.

“Some of my best tennis memories are of representing Australia in Fed Cup,” Molik said today. “Working with the girls in this team envioronment will be a fantastic opportunity to pass on some of my experience to the next generation of young players and I’m really looking forward to making a contribution.”

Tennis Australia’s Director of Tennis, Craig Tiley, said: “Alicia is not only a fantastic champion but a wonderful role model for all our young players. She is renowned for her dedication and professionalism and our Optus Australian Junior Fed Cup team will benefit enormously from her experience. We are very excited to have Alicia on board.”

Molik will join Australian tennis legend, Pat Rafter, who was named as Optus Australian Junior Davis Cup captain, with his team of Jason Kubler (QLD), Luke Saville (SA) and Joey Swaysland (NSW).

Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas is an international team event for girls aged 16 and under. Regional qualifying events are played in Asia/Oceania, Europe, South America and North/Central America and the Carribean to determine the top sixteen teams. The top four qualifiers from the Asia Oceania group will go on to compete in the Junior Davis Cup Final in Mexico in September.

Countries competing in Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Qualifying in April are as follows:

Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Uzbekistan.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 12:52 AM   #68
country flag Привет

That's nice.
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 07:33 AM   #69
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear GL to Alicia & the girls.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 08:14 AM   #70
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

On natural grass? how fancy.

Alicia looks radiant
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2009, 02:04 PM   #71
country flag OZTENNIS

16s Optus Autumn Nationals were completed today.

F: Katy O'SHEA (WA) (4) defeated Viktorija RAJICIC (VIC) (1) 6-1 7-5

So the soon to be 17 y.o O'Shea 'upsets' the recently turned 15 Rajicic.
I don't like the fact that a player can play in a 16&U age group, for example, until the month before their 17th birthdays. Should be an ITF Junior Circuit system where you are ineligible for the 16&U age group from the first day of the year you turn 17.

Other points to note;
- Rajicic double bagelled her Junior Fed Cup team mate, Alexandra Nancarrow, in the quarter finals. Yep, 6-0 6-0.
- Rajicic confined another Junior Fed Cup team mate, Molly Polak, to just four games in the semi finals winning 6-3 6-1.
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 01:14 AM   #72
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

Rajicic looks like she's got some talent in her.

You've got some influential people in you sig. I've noticed Zack
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 11:05 AM   #73
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

They played the under 16's at Glen Iris, beautiful club. Right on the back of a picturesque golf course. I got to play there for pennant, it is always very windy.

*excuse for Rajicic*

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 12:04 PM   #74
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Katy is one of those underrated players who wins tournaments like these but hasn't done anything else and probably never will.

Nancarrow is afwul, this just reinforces it.
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #75
country flag OZTENNIS

Junior Fed Cup by BNP Paribas Asia/Oceania Qualifying Competition

Day 1 - Australia (7) versus Kazhakstan

Molly POLAK (AUS) defeated Yelena NEMCHEN (KAZ) 6-3 6-1
Viktorija RAJICIC (AUS) defeated Kamila KERIMBAYEVA (KAZ) 6-0 6-0
NANCARROW/RAJICIC (AUS/AUS) defeated KERIMBAYEVA/KHAIRUDINOVA (KAZ) 6-1 6-2

Australia (7) defeated Kazhakstan 3-0