The Discovery Thread - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 21st, 2013, 05:42 AM   #331
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Discovery Thread

Smi
Chloe Hule AUS [7] d Katerina Valos AUS [6] 1-6 6-4 6-3
Maddison Inglis AUS [2] d Sasha Bollweg AUS [5] 7-5 6-1

Fnl
Maddison Inglis AUS [2] d Chloe Hule [7] AUS 6-4 6-0

Second title for Maddi Meanwhile Seone is in the final in the Netherlands
Dani12 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 21st, 2013, 06:37 AM   #332
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Great week for Maddison. Appart from a few dodgy results in junior events in the states she has had a bit of a breakout year so far. Wouldn't be surprised to see her get a WTA ranking if she decides to play some of the Aussie ITF's later in the year.

Seone also doing very well but her opponent for the final has been crusing through the field so could be a tough match.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 06:44 AM   #333
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Maddison Inglis looks like Liv
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:25 AM   #334
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Flower Bulb Tournament

F
Seone Mendez AUS d Vinciane Remy FRA 6-2 6-1

Fantastic week! Without loss of a set and only 20 games.
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 03:35 AM   #335
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Very nice, looking at Remy's results this week I thought it would be close but obviously not. Refreshing to see a young Aussie thriving on European clay. She is back in action this week in a G4 in Switzerland as the 6th seed while Jaimee Fourlis is seeded 16th.

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 04:32 AM   #336
country flag Dani12

Mendez could be our answer to a Cibulkova type of player, she's is quite small and looks like a little battler. I'm expecting clay to be her surface moving forward.

I'd put her up there as far as 99' girls are concerned. Her win over Yadlapalli in WJT Asian qualies confirmed that. However she's probably a step behind the likes of Rosca, Bellis, Levashova, Wargnier and Vondrousova still. Looks like a very talented year.
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 05:41 AM   #337
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Seone!!

btw, anyone else realise NZ got kicked out of here?

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #338
country flag Dani12

Time for our second best 1999 girl to make a European final

Rnd 1 - Bye
Rnd 2 - d. Jessica Crivelletto SUI 6-2 6-4
Rnd 3 - d. Weronika Forys POL 6-4 6-1
Qtr - d. Susan Bandecchi SUI 6-2 6-2
Smi - d. Silvia Chinellato ITA 6-2 6-4
Fnl - v. Sofya Zhuk RUS

I highly doubt she's going to win this final but great run for her. Along with Seone, Jaimee won the doubles title this week too. Great confidence booster for both of them going into the 14/u World Junior Tennis Finals.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #339
country flag Dani12

WJT Finals - Group B

Australia [3] d. Great Britain 3-0
Seone Mendez AUS d Georgina Axon GBR 7-5 6-4
Destanee Aiava AUS d Anastasia Mikheeva GBR 6-4 6-2
Destanee Aiava/Jaimee Fourlis AUS d Katie Swan/Georgina Axon GBR 6-4 6-1
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:03 AM   #340
country flag Dani12

Great start for the girls, Britain has a strong team as well. Unfortunately the girls drew the toughest group with Italy and USA as well. USA has an awesome team here with Bellis, Gordon and Liu. I think they can beat Italy but I'll be shocked if they push USA.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #341
country flag jack21

Good start for the girls, shame about the draw. So Aiava is our Number 1 player, how did they decide that? It obviously doesn't go by ranking. Also, how did we get a higher seeding than the US team if they are as strong as everyone is saying (and judging by their R1 result, they are).

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 04:05 AM   #342
country flag Dani12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
Good start for the girls, shame about the draw. So Aiava is our Number 1 player, how did they decide that? It obviously doesn't go by ranking. Also, how did we get a higher seeding than the US team if they are as strong as everyone is saying (and judging by their R1 result, they are).
Destanee is our best player, I know she had a bit of a shocker against Maddi recently, but she has also beaten Mendez handily a few times.

USA had a bit of a shocker in qualifying thanks to Gordon who seems to be up and down. They lost to Canada, who have a great team as well to be fair. But Bellis is probably the best 99' girl in the world (maybe Levashova also though). Also Australia won Asia/Oceania qualifying so that knocks them up a bit.
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #343
country flag Dani12

(3)Australia d. Italy 2-1
Jaimee Fourlis lt. Tatiana Pieri 46 67(2)
Destanee Aiava d. Arianna Capogrosso 46 75 61
Aiava/Fourlis d. Capogrosso/Pieri 63 64

Apparently Destanee came back from 0-5 in that second set. Amazing. I'm not sure where Mendez is, I hope she isn't injured. They can't take down USA without her.
Old Aug 7th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #344
country flag jack21

Great fightback for Aiava. Yea, Mendez would probably be our best chance for a singles victory and her and Destanee would be a decent chance for a doubles win I'd say.

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #345
country flag Dani12

They lost to USA. Not a bad effort, Destanee and Seone definitely had chances in both matches.

Considering Destanee is a year younger, they are really good signs for her development.