The Discovery Thread - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 13th, 2012, 12:03 AM   #241
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation
Re: The Discovery Thread

Quote:
“The girls performed well today as a team and as the top seeds in this tournament, we were under pressure to do well. We are excited to get to Czech Republic and what we had played this week will very much help us get a good seeding the Grand Finals,” said Australian captain Anthony Richardson.

The Aussie girls will head to Europe in five or six weeks’ time to play in five or six tournaments in the lead-up to the Grand Finals in August.
http://www.theborneopost.com/2012/05...#ixzz1uhfdai7y
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM   #242
country flag Ming Hon

Ming Hon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
Good work girls. They had a suprisingly tough one against NZ and Tomic has just scraped through her last two singles matches.
In fact, the official made a big mistake of the result at the first place. Priscilla Hon won the single against NZ and the result should be 3-0 to Australia. They were informed and result had been corrected.
Ming Hon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM   #243
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Hon View Post
In fact, the official made a big mistake of the result at the first place. Priscilla Hon won the single against NZ and the result should be 3-0 to Australia. They were informed and result had been corrected.
Oh that makes a lot more sense. I was thinking when I saw the result that it seemed pretty impossible.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:42 AM   #244
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

Here is an article about Destanee Aiava who will represent Oz in the 'futures' event at RG.

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/tenn...516-1yr7m.html
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2012, 06:39 AM   #245
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be tough for Destanee, but good experience. She has only JUST turned 12 like...days ago, so I wouldn't expect much against the best 13-unders in the world...however she is clearly got something quite special.

This time next year she will hopefully start playing juniors
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 04:20 AM   #246
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Aiava ended up winning the tournament with out losing a set in her 4 matches.
Very impressive for someone so young. Look forward to hearing more from her.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 04:31 AM   #247
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2012, 05:41 AM   #248
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Wow!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2012, 04:19 AM   #249
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

We have been having some decent resutls in juniors lately. Last week Olivia Tjandramulia was RU in a G4 in Indonesia.
This week Sanders and Bains both won their R1 matches in a G1 in GBR with Storm having a fantastic win in R2 over Anett Kontaveit. Tomic is also in action in Thailand.

Old Jun 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #250
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Storm!

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:37 AM   #251
country flag jack21

A couple of juniors have been travelling through Europe and getting some decent resutls on the clay. Priscilla Hon has been especially impressive, finishing RU in singles and winning the doubles tittle in a G4 in Holland last week and winning the singles tittle in a G4 in Switzerland this week. She even took out a player with a WTA ranking in her QF this week.

Kim Birrel has also been doing pretty well, winning a few singles matches this week and making the doubles semi last week. She also was a semifinalist in a strong 14/U tournament a few weeks ago.

Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:52 AM   #252
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack21 View Post
A couple of juniors have been travelling through Europe and getting some decent resutls on the clay. Priscilla Hon has been especially impressive, finishing RU in singles and winning the doubles tittle in a G4 in Holland last week and winning the singles tittle in a G4 in Switzerland this week. She even took out a player with a WTA ranking in her QF this week.

Kim Birrel has also been doing pretty well, winning a few singles matches this week and making the doubles semi last week. She also was a semifinalist in a strong 14/U tournament a few weeks ago.
nice! I've got a pretty good feeling about Priscilla

Old Aug 7th, 2012, 05:28 AM   #253
country flag Dani12

Priscilla won a title on the 14/u junior stars tour, beating a strong field...had a great win over the European u/14 semi finalist Pospelova.

Birrell reached the quarters.
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #254
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

One to look out for in the next couple of years

We've had 12/13/14 year old stars before (Tyra?) who haven't gone on to do anything, but time will tell. Hopefully she has a good team around her.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #255
country flag Dani12

I guess Tomic isn't playing the junior fed cup either. She'd be in Europe if she was to play.