The Discovery Thread - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #226
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Discovery Thread

Australia in the final over Japan

Zoe Hives [AUS] d Nozomi Ohya [JPN] 6-2 7-6(2)
Naiktha Bains [AUS] d Mami Adachi [JPN] 6-4 7-5

They have a rematch with China in the final. They are going to have to leave Wallace out if they want to win, I don't see anyone beating Ziyue Sun but maybe they could pip it in the doubles with a Hives/Bains combination.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:18 AM   #227
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Nice work girls. Hopefully they can beat China and get themselves a seeding for the finals.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #228
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

China def. Australia 2-1

Zoe Hives(AUS) def. Qiu-Yu Ye(CHN) 6-2 6-3
Zi-Yue Sun(CHN) def. Naiktha Bains(AUS) 6-4 2-6 6-2
Sun/Ye(CHN) def. Hives/Bains(AUS) 6-1 6-2

Godd effort by the girls. Hives steps up again.
The davis cup boys won their final.

Old Apr 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM   #229
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Taking a set off Ziyue Sun is pretty good, she nearly beat Sacha Jones last year.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #230
country flag jack21

NZ must have a pretty good junior in Paige Hourigan then. She pushed Sun to 9-7 in the third.

Old May 6th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #231
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

The ITF 14U World Junior Tennis Asia/Oceania Qualifying begins this week in Malaysia. The Aussie team is:

TOMIC, Sara
HON, Priscilla
BIRRELL, Kimberly

http://itfjuniors.tournamentsoftware...5-EAD6B0AB1695
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #232
country flag Dani12

This was the obvious 14U team. It looks like a team that could win Asia (and do well at worlds) but it's hard to tell at this level, a lot of the players they are going up against are untested so you never know if there is a hidden gem in a team, I guess we'll find out. Either way, good first up win over Uzbekistan, Sara and Kim won their singles...I wonder if Priscila is still a little injured or if she is being rested and Kim getting her shot because Sara and Priscila are the obvious choices for singles.
Old May 8th, 2012, 07:27 PM   #233
country flag Vaidisova

Pictures and other updates from the week are also available at http://www.itfsarawak.org.my/more-ph...12th-may-2012/

Team

Tomic

Hon
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #234
country flag Dani12

The girls qualified for the finals, beating Japan 2-0. Plays India for a spot in the final, would be a good bonus for a good weeks work
Old May 10th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #235
country flag jack21

Good work girls. They had a suprisingly tough one against NZ and Tomic has just scraped through her last two singles matches.

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:01 AM   #236
country flag jack21

14/U Junior Teams SF

(1)Australia def. (4)India 2-0

Hon def. Mor 6-0 6-0
Tomic def. Yadlapalli 6-3 6-3

Old May 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #237
country flag Dani12

Sara and Priscila finally finding their feet after having mostly unconvincing scorelines all week Good luck in the final!
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #238
country flag Dani12

Final

Australia d. China 2-0

Priscilla Hon d. Jia-Qi Ren 6-3 7-5
Sara Tomic d. Si-Qi Cao 6-4 6-2

Well done girls! ...and revenge over China for the 16s girls
Old May 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #239
country flag jack21

Great effort girls, perfect win/loss record this week.

Old May 12th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #240
country flag Vaidisova

Will be interesting to see how they fare in the world finals in August