The Discovery Thread - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #196
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Discovery Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Interesting results in Spring Nationals:

12/u
Seone Mendez (NSW) d Aleksa Cveticanin (QLD) 2-6 6-4 6-4

14/u
Zoe Hives (VIC) d Sara Tomic (QLD) 6-2 7-6(5)

I have no idea who Zoe Hives is, but she beat both Tomic and Hon...so she must be alright, one to watch out for in the future perhaps. Also Seone continues to dominate her age division. Also another one of my 'keep an eye ons' 11 year old Destanee Aiava skipped 12s altogether and played 14s...she won two rounds before falling to second seed Hon.
I'm in agreement. Impressed me by taking a set off of Azra at an AMT earlier this year.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #197
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Sara Tomic has an ambitious schedule coming up. She is playing a bunch of grade 2 and 3s coming up later this month in Asia. I like it, she can set herself up for possibly even a main draw wildcard at AO next year. Why not?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:53 AM   #198
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Zoe Hives' interview after winning the 14 and under:

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM   #199
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I like these interviews with kids so young, they're always so uncomfortable....they don't really know how to interview. It just seems unecessary for them.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:03 PM   #200
country flag Jason A.

Yeh, I see where you're coming from. It did seem a little bit awkward, but I think that she did just fine in the end. I've definitely seen worse; players trying to get through an in-depth interview while having to rely on just a bit of broken English is never a pretty sight. The problem is that there's no real way to avoid the spotlight if you are winning, so it's something that players have to get used to at some point or the other. IMO, you might as well start early, 'cause practice makes perfect.
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #201
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Quote:
I'm not sure I like these interviews with kids so young, they're always so uncomfortable....they don't really know how to interview. It just seems unecessary for them.
IMO they should get them doing interviews even younger. Australian kids speak terribly in comparison to American kids. If you've ever watched American children speak, it's incredible how articulate they are, and how comfortably they are able to put voice their thoughts. There must be something going on with youth in schools, whether it be programs or what not that gets them so comfortable in the spotlight.
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #202
country flag Dani12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dund View Post
IMO they should get them doing interviews even younger. Australian kids speak terribly in comparison to American kids. If you've ever watched American children speak, it's incredible how articulate they are, and how comfortably they are able to put voice their thoughts. There must be something going on with youth in schools, whether it be programs or what not that gets them so comfortable in the spotlight.
I'm probably generalising here, but Australian's just seems more shy in general than Americans. Even some of the adult Australian player still interview terrible, they need better media training...not just to be thrown in the deep end with awkward interviews.
Old Oct 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #203
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Quite a few junior girls over in Asia the past few weeks having a bit of success in some high level but quite weak junior ITF's. This week in a G2 in Korea Sara Tomic and Georgiana Ruhrig made R2 and Brooke Rischbieth made the QF.
Abbie Myers had a good 6-2 6-3 win in the QF over Su Jeong Jang who has a WTA ranking of 543.
Next week will see quite a few Aussies competing the the Asia/Oceania closed champioships.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki

Last edited by jack21 : Oct 28th, 2011 at 08:46 AM.
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:32 AM   #204
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Tennis Australia has sent a group of girls over to Aisa to play some junior ITF's over the past few weeks with mixed results.

This week is a G1 in the Philippines where Sanders and Myers have both moved into R3. Storm had a very good 6-3 6-3 win over the top seed and junior number 7 Elizaveta Kulichkova. She has a had a pretty good last few weeks but I think that she and a few of the older girls would benefit more from playing a few 10K's instead of juniors.

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #205
country flag Dani12

Final: Storm Sanders AUS [Q] d Anna Tyulpa RUS [4] 4-6 6-3 6-1

Great result for Storm!
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 01:43 AM   #206
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Storm great effort to come through qualifying and win the whole thing
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #207
country flag jack21

Great work Storm. I still think that she should be playing seniors, this kind of form could get her some decent results in the weaker Asian ITF's.
Having said that, this win should rocket her up the rankings, maybe she can qualify for the remaining junior slams.

Old Mar 26th, 2012, 07:26 AM   #208
country flag Dani12

She should be around 100 with this win, perhaps she wanted to give the junior grand slams a crack this year....even if she'll only get into qualies at this stage.
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #209
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She should be around 100 with this win, perhaps she wanted to give the junior grand slams a crack this year....even if she'll only get into qualies at this stage.
Thats the reason she played these events, to get her into qualies at least for french and wimbledon juniors....she really wanted to play in both of them and get some experience...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2012, 12:19 PM   #210
country flag Dani12

Some results from 16/u Nationl Claycourt Champs...

Qtr -

Isabelle Wallace VIC [1] d Lizette Cabrera QLD [7] 6-4 6-4
Zoe Hives VIC [5] d Sara Tomic QLD [3] 6-2 6-0

Olivia Tjandramulia QLD d Chloe Hule SA [8] 4-6 6-4 6-1
Andrea Dikosavljevic QLD [2] d Andjela Djokovic QLD 6-2 6-2