The Discovery Thread - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 14th, 2011, 11:42 AM   #181
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Discovery Thread

Yes, she has a great FH.
I wonder why her family decided to come over? That interview made it seem like she was quite a big future prospect for GBR.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2011, 12:55 PM   #182
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

awesome detective work ! Great to have her playing for us.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #183
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, her father apparently moved here for the better weather. Go figure. I saw a video of her recently, young people lose their accents quickly, it is already totally Aussie which is nice Much like Beck.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #184
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

The one who got away
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13394586.stm
Quote:
Talented young tennis player Naiktha Bains has reluctantly turned her back on Great Britain after the Lawn Tennis Association showed little interest in aiding her development.
That earned her a year's free coaching, but Naiktha only used about six months of it before the family uprooted to Australia for lifestyle and business reasons.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #185
country flag dok-stos

dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all dok-stos is a name known to all

Barty and Bains.
Seems like we may have two potential top 10'ers.
Faints.
dok-stos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM   #186
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Great article, thanks heaps.

Certainly sounds like an Aussie now from the videos TennisAustralia have posted.

A real talent obviously, hopefully she can fulfil her potential.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #187
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh...I kind of hate the feeling that TA has to do everything right to keep her playing for Australia. I wish there wasn't so much confusion with a lot of our players national indentities. It just gets exhausting
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 10:51 AM   #188
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

http://twitter.com/#!/TeamBains/stat...03866408206336
Quote:
"IMG join Team Bains". After lengthy talks since Jan NB finally signs with IMG
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:25 AM   #189
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Wow that is a massive signing for such a young player. Good on her.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM   #190
country flag Dani12

She is playing in New Zealand this week, she got a tough opening round though drawing the third seed. Amazingly Tomic is the 4th seed, she is the highest ranked 1998 junior girl.
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 04:21 AM   #191
country flag Dund

Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice Dund is just really nice

Who have we got as potential future GS winners? I know it's too early to say at such a young age, but Barty at 15 is clearly a future GS winner based on ability. Not to say she reaches it, but she has that ability.

I've heard that the 11-13 age range is meant to be as good as we've ever had on the female side, so who's coming through with that level of talent?
Dund is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 05:12 AM   #192
country flag Dani12

It is too hard to tell really at this stage, it looks like we have some promising juniors coming through...Here are the ones i'm looking out for anyway...1997 and after.

1. Naiktha Bains QLD 1997
2. Sara Tomic QLD 1998
3. Priscilla Hon QLD 1998
4. Seone Mendez NSW 1999
5. Destanee Aiava VIC 2000
6. Erika Bollweg WA 2001
Old Aug 22nd, 2011, 08:06 AM   #193
country flag Dani12

Bains beat the third seed, Hourigan 6-4, 6-1
Old Aug 24th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #194
country flag Dani12

Bains and Tomic are in the semi finals of the G5 tournament in NZ. Would be cool if they played in the final.
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:34 AM   #195
country flag Dani12

Interesting results in Spring Nationals:

12/u
Seone Mendez (NSW) d Aleksa Cveticanin (QLD) 2-6 6-4 6-4

14/u
Zoe Hives (VIC) d Sara Tomic (QLD) 6-2 7-6(5)

I have no idea who Zoe Hives is, but she beat both Tomic and Hon...so she must be alright, one to watch out for in the future perhaps. Also Seone continues to dominate her age division. Also another one of my 'keep an eye ons' 11 year old Destanee Aiava skipped 12s altogether and played 14s...she won two rounds before falling to second seed Hon.