The Discovery Thread - Page 12 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 1st, 2010, 07:19 AM   #166
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold
Re: The Discovery Thread

Russia def Australia 2-1

Victoria Kan (RUS) def Storm Sanders (AUS) 64 75
Daria Gavrilova (RUS) def Abbie Myers (AUS) 76(3) 62
Abbie Myers/Storm Sanders (AUS) def Margarita Gasparyan/Victoria Kan (RUS) 64 76(6)

Decent scorelines in both singles matches but they should have kept Barty in the no.2 spot.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 4th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #167
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

The girls have finished 5th overall which is a very good effort. They only lost one tie and that was to eventual champions Russia. Barty was undefeated in her 3 singles matches while Myers went 4 from 5 in her sinles.

Old Feb 4th, 2011, 06:33 AM   #168
country flag jack21

Auckland 18/U ITF

QF:
(1)Brooke Rischbieth AUS def. Kaho Saito JPN 6-2 6-0
(4)Abbie Myers AUS def. (12)Yulina Saigo JPN 6-3 6-2
(5)Samantha Harris AUS def. Natsumi Chimura JPN 3-6 7-5 6-0
(2) Kassandra Dunser AUS def. (8)Verena Jane Scott GBR 7-5 6-4

Doubles Final:
(1) Myers/Rischbieth v. (2)Dunser/Harris

Weak draw but good efforts by the four girls.

Old Apr 18th, 2011, 01:51 AM   #169
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Keep an eye out for 13 y.o Naiktha Bains who just won the 16s Claycourt Nationals without dropping a set. In the final she beat Molly Polak the No.2 seed 7-5 6-4 to win. She doesn't turn 14 until mid December.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 04:46 AM   #170
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Bains won the 14s national grass court titles a mont or so ago already too. I also noticed Sara Tomic is now eligible to play juniors despite being born in 1998. So young!
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2011, 02:49 AM   #171
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

The junior fed cup team is Barty, Woolcock and Rischbieth. I realise Brooke is decent, but surely there were better options? Although in saying that this is just qualifying, may be changed for worlds.
Old May 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #172
country flag Dani12

So anyway...as we know the 16s girls qualified top of Asia. Now it is the 14s turns, the team is Naiktha Bains, Lizette Cabrera and Anja Dokic. First up they played Sri lanka and won 3-0. Hong Kong and New Zealand are also in the group
Old May 9th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #173
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Good team....although Dokic hasnt been in great form of late...
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM   #174
country flag Dani12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Good team....although Dokic hasnt been in great form of late...
I don't think Dokic will be playing many singles matches anyway, they will probably leave that to Bains and Cabrera.
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #175
country flag Dani12

Australia d. Sri Lanka 3-0
Lizette Cabrera (AUS) d. Thisuri Molligoda (SRI) 6-2, 6-1
Naiktha Bains (AUS) d. Nethmie Waduge (SRI) 6-0, 6-1
Cabrera/Dokic (AUS) d. De Silva/Molligoda (SRI) 6-2, 6-3

Australia d. Hong Kong 2-1
Anja Dokic (AUS) d. Yik Yan Law (HKG) 2-6, 6-4, 6-1
Naiktha Bains(AUS) d. Claire Yonkee Choi Spackman 6-7(5), 7-5, 6-2
Law/Law (HKG) d. Bains/Cabrera (AUS) w.o.

Australia d. New Zealand 3-0
Lizette Cabrera (AUS) d. Rosie Cheng (NZL) 6-7(1), 6-2, 6-1
Naiktha Bains (AUS) d. Paige Hourigan (NZL) 6-2, 6-4
Bains/Dokic (AUS) d. Coates/Cheng (NZL) 6-0, 6-2
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #176
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

That Hong Kong score line was close! I have seen Claire play and she is really good so not surprised it was close.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #177
country flag jack21

Congrats to the Aussie and NZ girls on making the WG. Cabrera and Bains won their singles to give Australia a 2-0 win over Uzbekistan and NZ beat Thailand 2-1.

Dokic has given Australia a 1-0 lead over China in their semi.

Old May 13th, 2011, 08:45 AM   #178
country flag Dani12

...and Naiktha won her match to put the Aussies into the final to play Korea. Korea beat New Zealand comfortably, so it'll be a close final
Old May 14th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #179
country flag jack21

Australia def. Korea 2-0

Cabrera def. Bae 2-6 6-2 6-1
Bains def. Kim 6-2 7-6(4)

Great effort from all 3 girls this week to qualify on top.

Old May 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM   #180
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

I have been doing some research on Bains and it turns out she is originally from the UK.

Here's a vid of her at age 7, hitting with Boris Becker at Wimbledon;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUKPD...el_video_title

Here's two vids of her this year (13), hitting with Steffi Graf in Las Vegas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7UQ4...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuK7f...eature=related

She is very good at such a young age the forehand in particular is a great shot!!

Looks like we might have gotten one back on the Brits (i.e. Laura Robson and Johanna Konta)