The Discovery Thread - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 17th, 2010, 05:59 AM   #136
country flag Qld Tennis

Qld Tennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Discovery Thread - Unearthing Generation Next

Bump!

Naiktha Bains won the 12/u nationals on the clay @ ipswich taking out the singles and oubles with fellow queenslander Olivia Tjandramulia, Townsville's Lizette Cabrera made the final beating Tjandramulia in the semi's.

In the 14's Ash Barty dominated, second seed Jaimee Gilbertson was upset in the 3rd round, not too suprising considering how inconsistnet she can be and how clay is definetley not her surface. Naiktha Bains upset 8th seed Teigan Aranas 2nd rd, for the second time this year, Andie Dikosavljevic and Lyaan Hoang made the quaters, whilst Lizette Cabrera reached the 3rd round

In the 16's Barty again dominated, Hoang as a wildcard fell 2nd round to Georgina Carswell the number one seed who Barty destroyed the next round. Jaimee Gilbertson, Hanna Receveur and Ebony Panoho were all beaten in the 1st round , whilst Andie and Kat Dikosavljevic made the 2nd round, where Kat lost a thriller to Belinda Woolcock (the eventual finalist) 7-5 in the 3rd
Qld Tennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 17th, 2010, 06:06 AM   #137
country flag Qld Tennis

Bump !

The Ipswich junior ITF's are under way and the entry list for the $25,000 ITf has been rleased !

It will be very interesting to see how these young queenslnad girls fair against some ranked players, hope they give out some wildcards, would it be too much to ask for Ash Barty to get a main draw wilcard? I personally think she should get it, considering the weak field some of the girls could do really well

Queenslanders on the entry list for the ITF pro tour

GOLDS, Shannon
WEJNERT, Monika
HOLLAND, Isabella
SUMNER, Ashling
LETCHER, Sophie
BINNIE, Renee
SHEAHAN, Harriet
BARTY, Ashleigh
NOWICKI, Oriana
DIKOSAULJEVIC, Katarina
JAMES, Elizabeth
STEVENSON, Kayla
HUMBERT, Jessica
CARTWRIGHT, Eden
MIYAKAWA, Nana
PANOHO, Ebony
HOANG, Lyann
DIKOSAVLJEVIC, Andrea
TILLY, Breanna
BURNS, Emily
LOWE, Chloe
FULLER, Charlotte
MCDOWELL, Shayna

I think they will give Shayna a main draw wildcard, I hope some of the others young qld girls get a chance in the qualies
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 06:07 AM   #138
country flag Qld Tennis

Great win Barto! hope she isn't to tired for the next Itf and the $25k she has won 3 events straight now!
Old Apr 17th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #139
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Discovery Thread - 13 y.o Ashleigh Barty wins 18&U ITF G4

^^
I don't think she should get a main draw wildcard (for a 25k) for winning the ITF G4 yet. She will have only just turned 14 and is much better off in qualifying
OZTENNIS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 04:28 AM   #140
country flag Qld Tennis

Bump!

In the 2nd ITF out at Ipswich Jaimee Gilbertson reached the 3rd round before losing to top seed Harriet Sheehan who fell in the quaters. Ebony Panoho upset the 2nd seed in the opening round and is now in the semi-finals against Ash Barty who has once again cruised.

And in HUGE news the wildcards were announced for the 25 k Ipswich challenger (which continues to get weaker :P)

Main Draw

Tammi Patterson (meh)
Jade Hopper (why!)
Ashleigh Barty (yes!)
should there be a fourth ??????

and according to the entry list Tammi and Jade should be able to make the main draw without a wild card so maybe others will get them

If two more were to be given out (providing soph letcher and tyra calderwood get in) they would probably go to Lelja Husic and Emily Hewson i guess?

but i wish they would go to QLd girls like Harriet, Elizabeth James or Kat Dikosavljevic but don't like my chances there especially conisdering they haven't preformed well in the ITF's , maybe a long shot but perhaps Ebony Panoho may get one for reaching the semi's ???

Anyways, the qualie wildcards only 2 ????

went to Emily Burns and Charlotte Fuller ( very pleased)
second qualie wildacrd for emily burns got one @ bundy last year

i wonder what they will do with Olivia Lukaswicz who infamously got double bagled by Justine Henin @ the aussie open one year, dont know where she has been and she is currently on the alternate's list, would have thought she would get at least a qualie wildcard but??
Old Apr 22nd, 2010, 06:52 AM   #141
country flag Keadz

Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute Keadz has a reputation beyond repute

Chucking Ashliegh into the deepend pretty early. Exciting prospect for sure, but MD wildcard at 13 years old...thats a pretty big step. Wish her luck.

Olivia is back Hopefully she sticks around longer than last time.

DATE-KRUMM ERAKOVIC KUZNETSOVA BARTY SANDERS

ROGOWSKA ZAKOPALOVA PIRONKOVA JANKOVIC DELLACQUA
Keadz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #142
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Junior Fed Cup, 1st RR match

(5)Australia def Malaysia 3-0

Storm Sanders def Theiviya SELVARAJOO 6-2 6-3
Abbie Myers def Hyda Yazmin MOHD YAZIP 6-1 6-1
Myers/Polak def SELVARAJOO/SYAFEENAZ 6-3 6-0

Good start for the girls, should make the QF's with (3)Korea and Sri Lanka in our group.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #143
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Junior Fed Cup, 1st RR match

(6)New Zealand def Chinese Taipei 3-0

Emily Fanning def Ting-Ya WANG 6-0 6-0
Leela Beattie def Hui-Zhen RUAN 6-2 6-2
Beattie/Fanning def CHUEH/RUAN 6-1 6-3

Good start by the Kiwi girls, Fanning may be able to carry them into the finals.

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM   #144
country flag jack21

Junior Fed Cup, 2nd RR match

(5)Australia def Sri Lanka 3-0

Molly Polak def Nilushi FERNANDO 6-1 6-0
Abbie Myers def Thayakaran SHANKARI 6-1 7-6(1)
Myers/Sanders def SHANKARI/DE SILVA 6-0 6-0

(6)New Zealand def Singapore 3-0

Emily Fanning def Inez SONGADIWARDHANA 6-0 6-0
Leela Beattie def Si Ying Julienne KEONG 6-1 6-0
Beattie/Chen def DANIELLE/SONGADIWARDHANA 6-0 6-2

Both teams advance to the QF's with Australia vs Korea and NZ vs Uzbekistan. Good luck girls.

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:38 AM   #145
country flag jack21

Junior Fed Cup, 3rd RR match

Korea def (5)Australia 2-1

Su Jeong JANG def Storm Sanders 6-4 6-0
Sora LEE def Abbie Myers 6-2 0-6 7-5
Myers/Polak def Lee/Jang 6-3 6-4

Uzbekistan def (6)New Zealand 2-1

Nigina ABDURAIMOVA def Emily Fanning 7-5 6-7(8) 6-3
Sabina SHARIPOVA def Leela Beattie 6-3 6-4
NZ win doubles with W/O

Great effort by Beattie and Fanning as both of their opponents are top 500 singles players.

Australia faces Thailand and NZ faces Japan for finals spots.

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 10:44 AM   #146
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Molly should have played singles instead of Storm
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29th, 2010, 11:19 AM   #147
country flag jack21

Junior Fed Cup, QF's

Australia def Thailand 3-0

Storm Sanders def Budsarin RAKTAENGAM 6-4 6-3
Abbie Myers def Gornganok TIRAGANOK 2-6 6-4 6-2
AUS win by W/O in doubles

Australia join the boys team in the Finals later in the year, great effort by Storm and Abbie.

Japan def New Zealand 2-0

Miho KOWASE def Emily Fanning 7-6 6-4
Risa OZAKI def Leela Beattie 2-6 7-6 7-5

Bad luck for the NZ girls, Fanning and Beattie have had great weeks.

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM   #148
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Storm, nice work....hopefully the girls can do well against Uzbeks today and make the final here!!
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2010, 05:06 AM   #149
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

They lost to the Uzbeks 2-1 (Uzbeks forfeited doubles).

Molly Polak lost 6-1 6-3 in No.2 singles and Abbie Myers lost 6-4 6-4 in No.1 singles.

We've still made the world finals which is a good result. If they wanted to kick our team up to the next gear I would replace Sanders and Polak with Rajicic and Barty and drop Myers to No.2 behind Rajicic. I think Barty has shown the past few weeks (and again in 25k R1) that she is a solid prospect and a bit of exposure at an international 16s level would be good for her. Plus she thrashed Polak so I think it goes to show she would be able to more than hold her own on the team.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 03:49 AM   #150
country flag OZTENNIS

The girls finished fourth in the Junior Fed Cup;
CHINA (2)
bt AUSTRALIA (5) 2-1

Starting 10:00
No.2 Singles Xiao-Rong DONG bt Storm SANDERS 62, 63 1:15
No.1 Singles
Zhao-Xuan YANG lost Abbie MYERS 36, 63, 36 1:55
Doubles
Zhao-Xuan YANG bt Molly POLAK 62, 62 1:00

Lin ZHU Storm SANDERS