No Warsaw clay court tournament this year - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
No Warsaw clay court tournament this year

I just checked this year's calendar. And after Tokyo Toray (Tier I) right after the OA, the Warsaw tournament (formerly Hamburg) has disappeared from the list this year. I don't understand the WTA policy.
Also does that mean last year's winner (and finalist, and semi finalist etc.) will automatically lose all their points ? How doesit translate in terms of WTA rankings ?
LightWarrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #2
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No Warsaw clay court tournament this year

Yes they will lose their points. The tournament is gone but there is an exhibitionevent though. Ivanovic, dementieva, lindsay, the polish players radwanska and domachowska and some others will attend there.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 10:43 PM   #3
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

Warsaw is still going, it's part of the 'Sharapova and Davenport Cow on Ice World Tour 2008'
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #4

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Warsaw is still going, it's part of the 'Sharapova and Davenport Cow on Ice World Tour 2008'
Who cares, it's just an exhibition. Ok I get it, it's all about money and glamour.
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 11:07 PM   #5
country flag DownTheLine21

DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute DownTheLine21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingfails999 View Post
Who cares, it's just an exhibition. Ok I get it, it's all about money and glamour.
Players are also using it for some competitive red clay match play before the Berlin/Rome/Roland Garros trifecta.

"Despite my disappointments, there is not a single doubt in my mind that I will reach the top again and win Grand Slams."
DownTheLine21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 11:14 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownTheLine21 View Post
Players are also using it for some competitive red clay match play before the Berlin/Rome/Roland Garros trifecta.
Yeah. And the money
Old Apr 14th, 2008, 02:15 AM   #7
country flag Juarito

Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of Juarito has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daviator View Post
Exact comparison
Juarito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote