Commowealth Games Team - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 12th, 2010, 08:39 PM   #1
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Commowealth Games Team

from twitter:

arodionova Happy to announce that I've been selected to the 2010 Australian Commonwealth Games tennis team.

Bit of a double-up here, but I guess this event deserves its own thread.

Anyone heard anything about the other team members besides Stosur (not playing)
???

Fact sheet - http://www.itftennis.com/shared/medi...8_original.PDF
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 13th, 2010, 05:21 AM   #2
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Commowealth Games Team

NZ will be represented by Marina Erakovic and Ellen Barry - oh and on the mens side Rubin Statham and the ultra cute Marcus Daniell
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #3
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

I know Matthew Ebden is in the Aussie squad
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 10:12 AM   #4
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Jelena will get in... If she wants to play they'd be wrong to deny her given her recent good form. I think the other two should be Groth and Dokic.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #5
country flag hdfb

hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute hdfb has a reputation beyond repute

Let Ferguson!!! Dokic can rack up the WTA points.
Old Aug 13th, 2010, 09:50 PM   #6
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future

If Rennae doesn't want the fourth (doubles) spot, hopefully Sally Peers.
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 04:59 AM   #7
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Привет View Post
I hope Jelena will get in... If she wants to play they'd be wrong to deny her given her recent good form. I think the other two should be Groth and Dokic.
why would they deny her?
if she wants to play, she will play.
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 05:55 AM   #8
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Let's face it, the Commonwealth Games are so irrelevant who would care if they weren't selected. I think Alicia, Jelena and Sophie would all be better served trying to get points to ensure DE to the AO next year.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #9
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

^ Yes, it would be who cares to make themselves available than having a whole heap of players to choose from.

Nice that Rodionova has been selected and has made herself avaliable. She probably isn't really aware of the Games and its history to this country (outside of tennis ofcourse) and is taking every opportunity to play under the AUS flag!
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 05:20 AM   #10
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Peers, Rogowska and Moore have been named in the team. I guess none of the older girls were interested. Should be a great experince for these girls anyway and they should get to play some decent opponents. I suppose Sally and Olivia will be singles players and Jess will make up the second doubles team. Be interesting to see who paires up.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 05:43 AM   #11
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

This is effectively a glorified $50K with no ranking points, but great experience for the 3 young girls Olivia, Sally and Jess to play under the flag. Even with wins against the best that Nigeria and Jamaica have to offer, it could end up being a huge confidence boost for them. Media exposure too, if they do well.

This is what tennis in the Commonwealth Games should be. A chance for young players to experience representing their countries - big honour for them (where it'd be more embarrassing than an honour for someone like Sam). Maybe the criteria should be something like "under 21s only". I totally understand top 100 players not wanting to play. Bit of a waste really.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM   #12
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky88 View Post
Let's face it, the Commonwealth Games are so irrelevant who would care if they weren't selected. I think Alicia, Jelena and Sophie would all be better served trying to get points to ensure DE to the AO next year.
This.

Who else can enter? Some of the half-decent English girls and the Canadians who float around the $50Ks. Wozniak wouldn't play would she? Mirza perhaps? Scheepers? Plus the best that Gibraltar and Sierra Leone have to offer Am I missing anyone?
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #13
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

As I said I reckon they sould make this an under 21s event or even just for juniors

Who knows. Norfolk Island may have a prodigy in their midst.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM   #14
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

I think countries like Canada and the UK will have the same idea as Australia and give some of their younger players a go. Nastya probably sees this as a chance to get some exposure in the media as a gold medal would help raise her profile in Australia a bit. Sound like she won't have a great deal of competition although I expect Mirza to play as it is her home games.

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Naiktha Bains

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #15
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
As I said I reckon they sould make this an under 21s event or even just for juniors

Who knows. Norfolk Island may have a prodigy in their midst.
Pre-Seoul Olympics the Olympic games was an under-21 event, maybe they'll consider it next time.
Papua New Guinea had a player training in Australia at one stage. Hopefully she's playing.