Only Jelena - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #31
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Only Jelena

When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be Lepa Brena.

EDIT: Now you got me searching the youtube for old Lepa Brena videos! I guess this is what 4 year old Zoja watched

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pF8H6G...eature=related

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''

Last edited by Brena : Apr 8th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #32
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure someone has explained this somewhere in a distant thread... but at the risk of showing my ignorance (and remember Zoja... we were on hand to sooooooothe you post-Miami... ) ... who the schnuff is Lepa Brena???

Pick Strategy is ALL: JJ is merely the weapon of choice...

JM: [pause, followed by a guilty look] Ah yeah. That's possible.

Rozzie's Tennis Blogs are now contained in The Chalkdust Chronicles - Click HERE
RFS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM   #33
country flag Brena

Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute Brena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFS View Post
I'm sure someone has explained this somewhere in a distant thread... but at the risk of showing my ignorance (and remember Zoja... we were on hand to sooooooothe you post-Miami... ) ... who the schnuff is Lepa Brena???
Oh, I don't know how to explain it to you, Ros. Maybe Alex, Danilo or NAJ could help me - she's a singer. I guess she was the greatest star in the Balkans during the 80s - in the old Yugoslavia, even in Bulgaria and Romania, maybe even Hungary. Some people say that she was the one who ''invented'' the type of music which is stil popular (or shall I say notorious) in the Balkans and is known as ''turbo-folk''. It's a strange mixture of pop and oriental sound. She became popular in a very strange way - she was a tall, plump, terribly and vulgarly dressed girl who had no particular talent for singing or dancing, but she obviously had a great brain. She came to Belgrade from a small Bosnian town to study, but started to earn money by singing in restaurants. It was in the early 80a so I don't remmeber it, but my mom told me that she became a real attraction in Belgrade reastaurants and everyone wnted to see her because she was extremely bad and funny. Then, she gained further fame when a TV host and humorist taped her performance and broadcast it on Yugoslav TV - although he also did it because he thought she was hilarious. However, it turned out that shes very smart (she knew her real qualities and didn't mind self-mockery) and that she had a kind of irresistible positive energy - she somehow managed to spread cheerfulness to her audinece. That - and her outrageous costumes - were probably the reasons children adored her. All my friends of both sexes admit they had all her albums when they were little. Sge managed her career really well, and in time became very, very rich businesswoman (and is married to Slobodan Zivojinovic - ex-tennis player and current head of Serbian Tennis Association).
She has a cult status in all the former Yugoslav republics, though many people can't forgive her for introducing that terrible music genre (like my parents for example, who never wanted to take me to any of her concerts, so I grew up to be a very traumatised and scarred person).

By Harold Pinter&Brena

''Man up or go home.''

''Who cares? Hahahahahaha!''
Brena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:38 PM   #34
country flag RFS

RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute RFS has a reputation beyond repute

LOL! man - that's perfect!!!

Let's see...now I can't vouch for JJ's ability to bust a move - but I think I'm fairly safe in saying our little starlet-to-be cannot actually hold a tune in a bucket!!!

Your description has her sounding like Jordan/Katie Price in terms of the using self-mockery and good business nouse...

fantastic run-down mate... seriously... top-notch!

Rozzie's Tennis Blogs are now contained in The Chalkdust Chronicles - Click HERE
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #35
country flag ivanban

ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute ivanban has a reputation beyond repute

Only Jelena never heard of Alize Cornet and thinks of her as a perfect picnic pall

....can play some of her worst tennis and reach AO semi final
ivanban is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #36
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by privalova View Post
She has a cult status in all the former Yugoslav republics, though many people can't forgive her for introducing that terrible music genre (like my parents for example, who never wanted to take me to any of her concerts, so I grew up to be a very traumatised and scarred person).
This is exactly how I feel about my mother not letting me listen to Madonna when I was little
redsonja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 08:58 PM   #37
дalex

дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute дalex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Your description has her sounding like Jordan/Katie Price in terms of the using self-mockery and good business nouse...
Well, maybe it started as self-mockery thing even though I can hardly believe that. She became a star and over the time biggest star in our part of the Europe. I was too young when she was at her prime but I've heard about her filling stadiums all around the region and arriving on concerts by helicopter .

It's not like Lepa Brena can't sing. She can sing all right, she just does it in that Balkan folksy style... She made it mainstream and now runs record company that produces that kind of music. That brings her a lot of money among her other businesses!
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #38
country flag redsonja

redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future redsonja has a brilliant future

From what little I've heard, Lepa Brena's got nothing on JJ in the "can't sing" department.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:19 PM   #39
country flag RFS

Only Jelena could have also had a potential career as a classically trained pianist... while unable to actually hear/reproduce a note.

Seriously - how did she manage in aural exams?
I failed badly on sight reading but at least I have relative pitch!!!

Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #40
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When I was 5 years old, I wanted to be Lepa Brena.
Me too
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #41
country flag redsonja

Quote:
Only Jelena could have also had a potential career as a classically trained pianist... while unable to actually hear/reproduce a note.

Seriously - how did she manage in aural exams?
I failed badly on sight reading but at least I have relative pitch!!!
Since hearing her sing, methinks tales of her talent in classical piano are greatly exaggerated. As a veteran/victim of classical piano myself, it's almost impossible if you're as stone cold tone deaf as she seems to be. Maybe that's why the piano vs. tennis decision always seems like it was relatively easy.
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:20 PM   #42
country flag ChriS.

ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future ChriS. has a brilliant future

I think we need to see lots more of her videos as most of us in our part of Europe have never seen anything quite like this before! This one is good and it is not only her singing talent that is on show.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4deZXD...eature=related
ChriS. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:29 PM   #43
country flag Michael27

Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold Michael27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxinxuk View Post
I think we need to see lots more of her videos as most of us in our part of Europe have never seen anything quite like this before! This one is good and it is not only her singing talent that is on show.

Thanks Chris, she is great.
Michael27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #44
country flag ~Kiera~
The dragon that spits fire

~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute ~Kiera~ has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena could give Margarita Pracatan a run for her money

Q. It went through the net.
JELENA JANKOVIC: Through the net? Under the net?
~Kiera~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #45
country flag Wayn77

Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute Wayn77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisxinxuk View Post

OMG

Come back Cilla Black, all is forgiven.
Wayn77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote