Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #1
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ...

I hope that the United States will bring her more luck than the Middle East. She really needs to win matches now .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #2
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ...

Sybille Bammer AUT [11] has a Bye
Qualifier vs. Yung-Jan Chan TPE
Gisela Dulko ARG vs. Qualifier
Lindsay Davenport USA [24] has a Bye

Olga Govortsova RUS [29] has a Bye
Ekaterina Bychkova RUS vs. Angelique Kerber GER
Elena Vesnina RUS vs. Su-Wei Hsieh TPE
Marion Bartoli FRA [6] has a Bye

Hmm, what a draw !
I don't want to look too far anyway, just a couple of wins here would be enough for me already. She has 4th round points to defend, I hope she reaches at least this goal. She definitely has to make it ... I will comment on this more once we know her 2nd round opponent.
Good luck Marion!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Mar 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM   #3
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Looking at this draw a 4th round should be possible.At least then she has her points defended and she's had e couple of victories under the belt and should feel better then about her game and for the next tournaments to come.ALLEEZZ Marion!! let's do it

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2008, 12:40 AM   #4
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Marion beat Govortsova and Bammer last time she met them.
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #5
country flag Iceland
From island to island

First step completed . Marion defeated Vesnina 60 64 getting broken only once. She has difficulties to close the match, but this shouldn't prevent her from being very happy about this result. I hope she can gain some form here, she played very well last year.
Allez Marion . She plays Kerber next, she knows how to beat her, so it should be an easy match.

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 12:35 AM   #6
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Nice going Marion!
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM   #7

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

AAALLEEEEZZZ MARION!!! good win in straight sets!!!
This will do your confidence good a regular win with a next opponent which is also beatable.

True follower of

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 01:55 PM   #8
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Yes, this win makes me optimistic! If she cannot beat top 10 opponents, I would like her to find consistent results just as she did before Wimbledon. Her level was pretty good in Paris, so she is definitely assuming her status when she is playing that way. With all the time she had to rest, I think she is only eager to win matches now . The main objective for her is QF, I'm really looking forward this match against Lindsay.

Go Marion !

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #9
country flag Sund7101

Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future Sund7101 has a brilliant future

Nice first round Marion!!!

I think she can gain her form back in Indian Wells.

Go Marion

Pierce Seles Hingis Capriati Bartoli Davenport Kournikova Sugiyama Majoli Frazier
Sund7101 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #10
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion played a very match from what I read till 63 51 attacking from the baseline with powerful strokes. Then she couldn't find any first serves & she started to shake on MPs. She wasted her big lead but recovered on time to win 63 76(3). I was so nervous during this match, Marion needed to win so much for her confidence. Before she choked, she only lost 2 points on first serve !! It looks like it is becoming a weapon now!

Now she will probably face Lindsay & I hope she will, the only question is about her physical form after such a fight. Hopefully, she has no injuries like in Paris & she will play her best against Lindsay. If she can return well & make her move, she may find a way to get through. It will be hard though ... but allez Marion, give your best!

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:15 PM   #11
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Argh, leading 5-1 on serve and going to 5-5 is terrible, but at least she won. And at least she won two matches in a row, it should give her some confidence back. Come on Marion!
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM   #12
country flag Joee

Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of Joee has much to be proud of

go to http://groups.myspace.com/marionbartoli when shes playing Lindsay Davenport!!!!

Serena Williams / Venus Williams / Petra Kvitova / Jelena Jankovic / Francesca Schiavone / Sabine Lisicki / Agneiszka Radwanska /

Joee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #13

Well done Marion to still win this match in straight sets.
It's good to see this fighting spirit besides also good tennis in phases.
Good luck against Lindsay and may your form and fighting spirit be the same as this match!!

True follower of

Old Mar 19th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #14
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure what the correct attitude is for me right now...on the one hand,I'mthat Marion lost but I can't say that I'm surprised even though she was,technically,the higher seed.Marion only had one win in three previous battles with Davenport and THAT occurred due to an injury default...PLUS Lindsay was playing near her home turf and she's a tough foe anyway who's been quite impressive since her return from 'maternity leave'.

I suppose a significant bright spot is that Marion beat TWO young players who had defeated her before,and this is MUCH better than some of her "mercurial"(Britannia)1st-round flameouts in other events.If she enters Miami,then I hope that IW was a 'building block' for her.Allez Marion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 07:32 PM   #15
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

spose