Acura Classic - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:32 AM   #1
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

King Aaron has disabled reputation
Acura Classic

Hey.. i think this can be a place where we discuss everything about Anna during a tourny, no holds barred (sp?)

okay ??
Advertisement

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 09:33 AM   #2
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

I think Anna had a fine win yesterday.. after the losses to Monica, Lindsay, etc.

To me she got through it pretty well..

I trhink she can take out Elena ..
Old Jul 31st, 2002, 04:15 PM   #3
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
Anna almost won the first set and the final game went to deuce twice. Irvin is known for being really strong in the first set so Anna did very well. She came out very strong in the second and third sets and Irvin is a very good hardcourter playing her homestate (mine too).

If she comes into her match confident with Elena, she will do well. She has to have the same fire in her.

Go Anna!!!
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

"No good deed goes unpunished." - origin unknown
Irish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:00 AM   #4
country flag V.Melb

V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute V.Melb has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Anna
With these nice results you will be in top 20 for a long time to come!
Keep it up!
V.Melb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2002, 05:37 AM   #5
country flag Irish

Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute Irish has a reputation beyond repute
V.Melb, you are always so nice. Did you have another username before?

Aaron, I sent you a PM of the match.

Anna started out really well and I was impressed with how she handled the first set. She 'could have' won the second set but Elena fought hard in the last three games. The third set was 'tied' the whole time and Anna ran away with the tiebreak, 7-2. I haven't had time to see what her tiebreak stats are as I am curious.

Great win Anna over a strong player.

Good luck against Conchita or Anna K.
Davenport, Capriati, Molik, Golovin, Seles, Clijsters, Myskina, Dementieva, Groenefeld, Frazier, Sprem, Hantuchova, Peschke, Dulko, Ivanovic, Smashnova, Likhovtseva, Vaidisova, Zvonereva, Schiavone, Pennetta

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 09:56 AM   #6
country flag Mitzi

Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute
Go Anna! And move to the semis!
Mitzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:29 AM   #7
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Kerry, got it

thanx for the info and I think Anna will stand a better chance against Anna !

What do you guys think ??
Old Aug 1st, 2002, 02:19 PM   #8
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld

Nimi has disabled reputation
That match was sooo tuff for me, I just looooove both players, but i rooted for Anna slightly more, since shes my country mate.

Good win Anna!
Graet Matche Elena
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:14 AM   #9
country flag Irish

I sure hope Anna can do it this time. I was too shocked with the loss last time. Even Anna K. fans were stunned.

I want our Anna to win this time.

Nimi, it was a close match so Elena should be proud. You do have three of your favs still in this tourney.

Win Anna!!!!!!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 02:52 AM   #10
country flag Irish

This was in a report by 'rhz' in the Acura Classic tournament thread.

the smashnova vs dementieva match went on and on and on, smashnova was leading in the 3rd set but it ended up with a tiebreak, anna won it 7-2. And she screamed so hard in satisfaction!

I would have loved to have been there to hear her scream after that long and fought hard for her match.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:08 AM   #11
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

Looks like it will be battle of the Annas 3 !!

I think Anna S can win this one, just keep on hitting those balls back and frustrate Anna K.. Hope she wins !!

Go Anna !!!!!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:11 AM   #12
country flag Mitzi

Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute Mitzi has a reputation beyond repute
So what do you think? Can Anna beat Anna K this time?
I remember that earlier this year Anna lost to Dokic somthing like 6-1 6-0 and then a week later she beat Dokic 6-1 6-3, so I can only hope that this will be the case this time.
Mitzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 11:48 PM   #13
country flag Irish

I thought our Anna had her when she was up 6-1 3-1 (when I got off of work). I don't believe it. But, I know she is upset.

You'll beat her next time. There is too much fire built up now.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:11 AM   #14
country flag King Aaron
Team WTAworld
Mr. Try Too Hard

I thought she was soooo going to win !!
kinda disppointing..
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 11:12 AM   #15
country flag Nimi
Team WTAworld