S2 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #1
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
S2 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

The Championships, Wimbledon

Week 12 - Grass Grand Slam - Draw Size 32

Wimbledon, GBR - Welcome to Wimbledon, and the third Grand Slam of the season, Misa Krajicek dominated the early part of the grass season, but suffered an early exit last week in Eastbourne, there are a lot of big names with grass as their best surface, but only one can win, should be an exciting week, good luck all!

Draw Posted - Sunday 18:00 CET

Points Deadline - Tuesday 18:00 CET

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 29th, 2008 at 10:40 PM.
The Daviator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #2

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2 - 12: The Championships, Wimbledon (GS)

Aces To Play

Benesova - 0
Bremond - 4
Capriati - 1
Clijsters - 1
Davenport - 4
Dementieva - 0
Ditty - 4
Dulko - 1
Golovin - 2
Hantuchova - 3
Harkleroad - 0
Hingis - 0
Ivanovic - 0
Jankovic - 0
Jidkova - 1
Kirilenko - 2
Kournikova - 2
Krajicek - 4
Kuznetsova - 2
Mauresmo - 4
Mirza - 0
Molik - 4
Myskina - 0
Paszek - 0
Pennetta - 2
Salerni - 2
Sanchez Lorenzo - 2
Sharapova - 2
Vaidisova - 0
Tanasugarn - 4
Washington - 3
V. Williams - 2
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:45 PM   #3

Draw

Tamarine Tanasugarn(1) v Anna Kournikova
Kim Clijsters v Amelie Mauresmo
Alina Jidkova v Tatiana Golovin
Tamira Paszek v Jelena Jankovic(8)

Alicia Molik(5) v Sania Mirza
Martina Hingis v Jennifer Capriati
Lindsay Davenport v Elena Dementieva
Julie Ditty v Ashley Harkleroad(4)

Michaella Krajicek(3) v Mashona Washington
Maria Emilia Salerni v Ana Ivanovic
Maria Sharapova v Maria Kirilenko
Svetlana Kuznetsova v Anastasia Myskina(6)

Venus Williams(7) v Gisela Dulko
Daniela Hantuchova v Flavia Pennetta
Maria Sanchez Lorenzo v Iveta Benesova
Nicole Vaidisova v Severine Bremond(2)

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 30th, 2008 at 04:58 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #4

Points To Defend

1000 -

Tanasugarn

700 -

Bremond

450 -

Krajicek

250 -

V. Williams
Molik

140 -

Pennetta
Myskina
Mirza
Paszek

90 -

Dementieva
Benesova
Capriati
Harkleroad
Kirilenko
Washington
Mauresmo
Jankovic
Vaidisova

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 29th, 2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #5

Player Of The Week

Daniela Hantuchova

I'm giving it to Daniela for her persistence this season, and finally producing some good results in the past few weeks

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 29th, 2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #6

Preview

The Favourites

Misa comes into the event as the favourite having compiled a 9-1 record in the warm-ups, she tends to perform well at the big events, but perhaps lacks some confidence, Ditty made a surprise run last week in Eastbourne, and will definitely be a horror first round for any of the seeds, and finally there's Molik, she's made two semis and a final on grass but can't quite seem to make a breakthrough, could it finally happen this week?

The Contenders

Tanasugarn and Bremond both made the final last year and both have 4 aces, but have yet to impress on their preferred surface, still neither can be counted out, Mauresmo has also failed to replicate her grass success, but definitely has the ability to win on this surface as we saw last season.

The Dark Horses

The Dangerous Floaters

My prediction for who will win the title?

?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?

Good luck everyone

Last edited by The Daviator : Mar 29th, 2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:55 PM   #7
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

Misa as Dav's pick.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:12 PM   #8
country flag GracefulVenus
Team WTAworld

GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute GracefulVenus has a reputation beyond repute

Venus Arrives At Wimbledon

After a hefty return to the tour at the Ordina Open, Venus Williams has arrived in London, England early in order to captialize on her tour experience to get her through the early rounds. Making a semi-final run in singles and making two consecutive doubles finals on grass this year, gives Williams confidence and belief that she can overcome less that stellar grass results.

GV - Back From The Dead.........
Venus better have her hair fixed for the AO I'm just tired of it.
GracefulVenus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM   #9
country flag dulkogii

dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future dulkogii has a brilliant future

any doubles for Saleerni?

You Dulko?
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM   #10

Aces, POTW and Preview up

I meant to say this before, but when sending points can you all please stick to this format -

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-A-A-A-A

As opposed to - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5, etc. or 01-02-03-04-05, etc. It just makes scoring a lot easier, thanks.

And don't forget to start sending hard points too
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #11
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

MASL/Ditty

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #12
country flag Farina Elia Fan
Team WTAworld

Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute Farina Elia Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Alinka not even a dangerous floater

I wont be around to see her progess next week as im away in portugal
Farina Elia Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 12:55 AM   #13
country flag Vamos.

Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute Vamos. has a reputation beyond repute

The draw is going to be really, really interesting.

I like the way that you taste, when you're all up in my face.

Vamos. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #14
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWLH View Post
Misa as Dav's pick.
c'mon last time he picked Kim to win..atleast she made a final
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 05:20 AM   #15
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Reserved for doubles.