1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 06:48 PM   #1
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice
1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova

Hi everyone. I'm putting together a project on Chrissie, it's
footage on all of Evert's 18 grand slam titles. It's the best
points played during each match, plus the ceremony after.
I have everything except for one, the ceremony of the 1975
French Open Final. Does anyone have footage of this ceremony?

Also, does anyone have a picture of that ceremony, or of
Evert holding up the trophy?

Thanks alot!

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Ricksasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #2
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future
Re: 1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova

That sounds wonderful! I did not realize there was footage available of the 75 French final. I actually saw that match on TV. It was good, except I remember being ticked when either Bud Collins or Julie Heldman picked Martina to win Wimbledon!
Jem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #3
country flag Ricksasha

Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice Ricksasha is just really nice

Wow Jem, the 75 French Final was televised here in the US?
I thought it was only in France.

"I started playing tennis when I was 4, but I didnt start playing seriously until I was 8." Kathy Rinaldi
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #4
Jem

Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future Jem has a brilliant future

Can't remember if I saw the entire match or only the last two sets. They also showed the Italian Open that year. It was the first time I ever heard reference to the Old World Triple: winning the Italian, French and Wimbledon!
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #5
country flag nelslus
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold nelslus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksasha View Post
Hi everyone. I'm putting together a project on Chrissie, it's
footage on all of Evert's 18 grand slam titles. It's the best
points played during each match, plus the ceremony after.
I have everything except for one, the ceremony of the 1975
French Open Final. Does anyone have footage of this ceremony?

Also, does anyone have a picture of that ceremony, or of
Evert holding up the trophy?

Thanks alot!
Hope someone can help you out here, Rick. Sounds like a great project.
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM   #6
country flag Ricksasha

Thanks Nelslus, I'm really hoping too. I cant even find
a picture of that 1975 ceremony.

Old Mar 25th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #7
country flag Calvin M.

Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future Calvin M. has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
Can't remember if I saw the entire match or only the last two sets. They also showed the Italian Open that year. It was the first time I ever heard reference to the Old World Triple: winning the Italian, French and Wimbledon!
News to me but that's cool trivia!
Calvin M. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #8
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jem-could this have been on PBS? I recall PBS showing the Italain in 1978-an unforgettable final between borg and Panatta where the crwod threw coins until Borg threatened to walk off the court!
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 08:09 PM   #9
Jem

Rollo, I'm fairly certain it was NBC, because both Bud Collins and, I think, Judy Collins, were commentating. Moreover, where I grew up, we could only get an NBC station and a CBS station (good at night; sometimes sketchy during the daylight hours!). This memory was well before 1978. We could also get PBS, but the first PBS tournaments I remember occurred the year that Jeff Borowiack won the CAnadian Open, which I can't recall -- possibly 1977 when Guillermo Vilas was on his roll and seemed to be a permanent fixture on the TV screen.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #10
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem View Post
possibly 1977 when Guillermo Vilas was on his roll and seemed to be a permanent fixture on the TV screen.
and what delicious fixtures he had!

(he had ... so many.... fixtures.)
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 03:14 AM   #11
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: 1975 French Open Final - Evert d. Navratilova

Sounds like a great idea .
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 04:40 AM   #12
country flag austinrunner

austinrunner has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricksasha View Post
Thanks Nelslus, I'm really hoping too. I cant even find
a picture of that 1975 ceremony.
Various newspapers from that time have pictures showing Evert kissing the trophy. You can find those newspapers through the subscription-based newspaperarchive.com.
austinrunner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 05:34 PM   #13
country flag Ricksasha

thanks alot crosscourt and austinrunner, I'll go check it out right now.

Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 10:10 PM   #14
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

this is from the 1989 farewell to chissie issue of world tennis
Old Apr 4th, 2008, 03:36 AM   #15
country flag daze11

daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold daze11 is a splendid one to behold

thats such a great picture from the 75 final, tennisfan75! (we should have known YOU'D have that one on tap!)
...of course, i prefer both the look & energy of both girls in that picture vs. 1986....but then i guess i prefer every aspect of everything in the 70s to how everything was in the 80s.
daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote