S1 Week 1, Gold Coast , AUS, Tier II - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:15 PM   #1
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
S1 Week 1, Gold Coast , AUS, Tier II

WELCOME TO THE INAUGRAL EVENT OF THE OWTT, HERE IN GOLD COAST, AUSTRALIA.

With many of the players taking part in exhibition matches over the last few days, the girls are starting to find their form. Which of the girls will make history and win the first ever tournament here in OWTT?

Singles Draw:

Rezai Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. V.Williams
Jankovic Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Wozniacki
S. Williams Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Radwanska
Ivanovic Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Dulko
Schnyder Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Golovin
Paszek Vs. Bye
Bye Vs. Sharapova
Harkleroad Vs. Bye
Stosur Vs. Dementieva
Peer Vs. Hantuchova

POINTS DUE SUNDAY 23RD MARCH 8PM GMT

Monday: R16 Top Half
Tuesday: R16 Bottom Half
Wednesday: QF
Thursday: SF
Friday: Final

Sunday: new points due for next tournament

Last edited by champion88 : Mar 28th, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
champion88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:25 PM   #2
country flag champion88

champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute champion88 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S1 Week 1, Gold Coast , AUS, Tier II

Singles draw added

Remember - points due tomorrow, so get them in quickly! Would like new points from the exo points you guys sent!

Please can people send int he following format:-

04-05-12-19-34-23-01-09-14-27-29-39-11

With the zeros put in even for single digit please. Makes it much easier to score that way.

Thanks

Last edited by champion88 : Mar 22nd, 2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM   #3
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

i'll send new for sure, cause mine really sucked
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 03:09 PM   #4
Hashim.

Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute Hashim. has a reputation beyond repute

i am very excited
hopefully JJ will do well
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:03 PM   #5
country flag champion88

IF I'M MAKING THE EFFORT WITH THE TOUR, I EXPECT YOU GUYS TO AS WELL. AS AN INCENTIVE, THE PERSON WHO WRITES THE MOST ARTICLES PER WEEK WILL WIN EVERY COIN-TOSS IN THEIR MATCHES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!

So get writing!! :P
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:06 PM   #6
country flag Fretchap

Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future Fretchap has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion88 View Post
IF I'M MAKING THE EFFORT WITH THE TOUR, I EXPECT YOU GUYS TO AS WELL. AS AN INCENTIVE, THE PERSON WHO WRITES THE MOST ARTICLES PER WEEK WILL WIN EVERY COIN-TOSS IN THEIR MATCHES THE FOLLOWING WEEK!!

So get writing!! :P
Could you just please specify what is an article. I mean I know what it is, but I want to know if a picture with one line of writing will be counted as an article...?
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 04:16 PM   #7
country flag champion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
Could you just please specify what is an article. I mean I know what it is, but I want to know if a picture with one line of writing will be counted as an article...?
No- an article will not consist of just a picture and a few lines... something like a match recap followed by player comments would be cool
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM   #8
country flag dawid

dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute dawid has a reputation beyond repute

Go Radwanska!

Kim "Sexy Back" Clijsters
Jelena "Warrior Princess" Jankovic

Womens Masters Tour!
dawid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM   #9
country flag Fretchap

Serena is ready for new challenges!

Serena Williams training in Gold Coast

Serena Williams has been training really hard since she decided to join OWTT. She has played some exhibition matches a week ago and was a little bit frustrated to see that her game level wasn't really where she would have liked it to be and where she thought it was. Serena arrived 3 days ago in Gold Coast to get ready for her first tournament and had a little interview with a local radio station, here it is:

Hello Serena!
Hi guys!

How are you? Are you happy to be in Australia?
For sure I'm glad of being here! Weather is really hot, people are really nice with me and Australians are big tennis fans, that's great to see them get up early the morning to see me training.

What are you expecting for your first tournament?
A first title. I'm not coming here to lose, I hate losing. I have the abilities to win, even if I didn't win most of my exhibitions matches, I know I can beat all these girls with a good match plan.

What do you know of your first round opponent?
She's named, Agnieszka Radwanska, she's young and talented, she doesn't hit that hard, she has a lot of variaty, she's good. If I play well I can beat her.

Are you planning to play doubles this year?
Yes I will! I'll play with Aravane Rezai, a incredibly talented tennis player, she's from France. She beat me in a exhibition match, she hits really hard on almost every ball. I have a little more experiment than her, I think I can learn her to be a little more patient! I'm sure we will be a terrific team!

What do you want to achieve this year?
I'll take it one match at the time, but the Golden Slam is the objective... No really I just want to play my best in all my matches get into the top 10 and have a great run at the US Open in front of my home crowd.

Thanks for taking a little bit of your time to talk to us Serena!
You're welcome!
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 06:17 PM   #10
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

OWTT Doubles

We've got four teams ready to go:

Radwanska/Wozniacki
S. Williams/Rezai
Sharapova/Hantuchova
Schnyder/Ivanovic

Combined points are due Monday!
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 07:57 PM   #11
country flag champion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fretchap View Post
Serena is ready for new challenges!

Serena Williams training in Gold Coast

Serena Williams has been training really hard since she decided to join OWTT. She has played some exhibition matches a week ago and was a little bit frustrated to see that her game level wasn't really where she would have liked it to be and where she thought it was. Serena arrived 3 days ago in Gold Coast to get ready for her first tournament and had a little interview with a local radio station, here it is:

Hello Serena!
Hi guys!

How are you? Are you happy to be in Australia?
For sure I'm glad of being here! Weather is really hot, people are really nice with me and Australians are big tennis fans, that's great to see them get up early the morning to see me training.

What are you expecting for your first tournament?
A first title. I'm not coming here to lose, I hate losing. I have the abilities to win, even if I didn't win most of my exhibitions matches, I know I can beat all these girls with a good match plan.

What do you know of your first round opponent?
She's named, Agnieszka Radwanska, she's young and talented, she doesn't hit that hard, she has a lot of variaty, she's good. If I play well I can beat her.

Are you planning to play doubles this year?
Yes I will! I'll play with Aravane Rezai, a incredibly talented tennis player, she's from France. She beat me in a exhibition match, she hits really hard on almost every ball. I have a little more experiment than her, I think I can learn her to be a little more patient! I'm sure we will be a terrific team!

What do you want to achieve this year?
I'll take it one match at the time, but the Golden Slam is the objective... No really I just want to play my best in all my matches get into the top 10 and have a great run at the US Open in front of my home crowd.

Thanks for taking a little bit of your time to talk to us Serena!
You're welcome!

Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 08:47 PM   #12
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on becoming a forum champion88!!!

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 09:21 PM   #13
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Maria Sharapova Ready To Rock OWTT

Maria Sharapova will play her "first" match in the OWTT on Tuesday. She came off a good 3 days of 10 exhibition matches. Where she had to play ten and won 8, leading the group with Serbians Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic just trailing behind at 7 wins. Sharapova says "Of course I'm happy you know, but the real tournament starts now, and every match is a new match, so I will have to play my best." First up for her is the young Austrian Tamira Paszek, where the last time they played in the exhibition, it went Sharapova's way 1-6 6-4 6-0.

Maria's interview

A great win-loss in the exhibition Maria
Thank you

What do you think of the game, do you like it, or it's okay?
Ohhh, of course I like it, you know. Ummm, it's very different, it's original, and plus, I like games where I win a lot *laughter*, no just joking, but you know it's always good to win, it's a good feeling.

So what are your thoughts on the first match?
Sorry, against who? I haven't checked the draw.

Ummm.. Tamira Paszek.
Ohh Tamira, yeh, I've played her last week, and I won that, I think it was three sets, but you know, it was her first match of the year, maybe she was a bit shaky, but every match is a new match and I just have to play my best.

Do you, know anyone from the tour?
Well, Caroline and I know each other from other games. Ummm.. Daniela and I are obviously doubles partners so I want to get to know her more. But I want to make friends with everyone on the tour, because they will be the people you will spend the rest of your tennis life with, so it's good to have a few friends. If my dad lets me... *=_="*

Who do you think are the threats to you in the game?
Well, it's really too early to tell. But you know, Jelena and Ana are coming off a good three days as well. But you can't really count anyone out.

Well, all the best to you Maria.
Thank you.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 09:44 PM   #14
country flag lucho_coria

lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of lucho_coria has much to be proud of

Please someone for doubless

Paula Ormaechea - Flor Molinero - Pitu Salerni - Paola Suarez - Betina Jozami - Erica Krauth - Rossana De Los Rios - Verónica Spiegel - Ana Clara Duarte - Gisela Dulko
lucho_coria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2008, 11:34 PM   #15
country flag champion88

Stosur and Davenport added to the draw