Quarterfinals! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:16 AM   #1
mvcy

mvcy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quarterfinals!

Davenport Passes Third Round Test

Lindsay Davenport was pushed to a third set, but still advanced to the quarterfinals of the Acura Classic. The third seed eliminated fellow American Chanda Rubin, 6-2, 2-6, 6-1 in a night match on Stadium Court.

After splitting the first two sets, Rubin dropped her serve in the opening game of the third set after going to deuce three times.

Davenport would score two more service breaks in the third set on her way to winning the match in one-hour and 29 minutes.

Rubin finished the match with a total of 32 winners. She also committed 44 unforced errors including 22 in the final set.

Davenport won the match despite hitting 38 unforced errors. She did convert on five of eight break point opportunities.

Davenport will face Japan’s Ai Sugiyama in Friday’s quarterfinals.

Davenport is now 8-2 in career head-to-head matches against Rubin. She has won the last six meetings.

Davenport is making her sixth appearance here. She won the title in 1998. Her tournament record at the La Costa Resort and Spa is 13-3.

Davenport’s 2002 match record is now 4-1. She is playing in only her second tournament since undergoing knee surgery in January.

Rubin’s 2002 match record is 18-7.

Rubin was making her seventh appearance in the Acura Classic. Her overall record here is 4-7

Go Lindsay!
mvcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:18 AM   #2
mvcy

so happy to see her through to another quarterfinal since her come back. let's wait and see her win another title!!!!

Number 1
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 01:12 PM   #3
country flag Jan

Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all Jan is a name known to all
Hi mvcy and thanks for the report on the match against Chanda.

Here's wishing Lindsay luck against Ai tonight. I can feel another semi-final coming up and will it be Kim or Venus?!

GO GO GO LINDSAY

Jan

Good Luck to Heather Watson, Laura Robson, Kaia Kanepi
Jan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:33 PM   #4
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks for the article!

if Lindsay wins today, then she makes it 2 straight semifinals, after sitting out for 9 months! very impressive!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:57 PM   #5
mvcy

yeah, two straight impresive performance by lindsay really prove tht she still is the Number 1! and, i think these open really are the good "warm up" oppotunity for lindsay 2 gain another US Open, dont u guys think?
Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 03:01 AM   #6
Leo7

Leo7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good-Bye Ai Sugiyama! a 6-1, 6-1 cakewalk for Lindsay!

Best of Luck To: Mary Pierce, Justine Henin, Monica Seles, Chanda Rubin, Kim Clijsters, Dinara Safina, Vera Zvonareva, Juan Carlos Ferrero, Tommy Haas, and Pat Rafter!
Leo7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote