Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ... - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 29th, 2008, 12:52 AM   #31
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of
Re: Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ...

Don't know what else to say really. I'm really depressed.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #32
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceland View Post
I get your point, but there is a difference in losing to Wozniacki and getting thrashed in less than one hour! This is why I'm becoming more and more worried for Marion. She said everything was fine before the tournament in an interview.
The 3-6 1-6 scoreline in just 58 minutes does look like a bit of a trashing but I don't think it was at all which is all the more worrying. Here is why:

First Set: Marion dropped her two opening service games but managed to reduce Wozniacki's lead to one service break. After that Wozniacki was on serve at 1-3 up and held for 1-4. After that everything went on serve to 3-6. So all it was, is one break of serve early on in the match and Marion could not recover it. Because Wozniacki served first it makes the scoreline look worse.

Second Set: Game 1: Marion is 40-0 up on serve. Game 2: Marion has 0-30 on Wozniacki's serve. Game 3: Marion is 30-0 up on serve. Game 4: Marion broke Wozniacki to love (or 15). This shows that it was definitely not a one sided game in the second set and that Marion had good chances after constructing promising positions.

Which leads me on to say that I don't actually fully buy into Marion's reasons in her post-match interview. If anyone could have beaten her today how did she manage to lose by only one break of serve in the first set and in the second have three very promising positions in games 1-3 and then break her opponent with ease in the fourth game. Is she suggesting that Wozniacki is that bad?

Marion couldn't come back in the first set after a poor start and then couldn't mount a comeback in the second because she didn't capitalise on those promising positions.

I may be the webmaster for last three years, but I will certainly not bury my head in the sand to ignore the truth.

Your thoughts please.
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 05:11 PM   #33
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

This is so sad. Marion's slump just continues, and it doesn't seem like she or Walter are doing anything to stop it. I admire what Walter has done so far but I wish Marion would get a proper coach to help get out of this slump. As a top 10 player, Marion shouldn't let these slumps go on like this. She is so talented and made a huge breakthrough last year and became a true top player But now she has gone back to where she was before as a top 30 player. Players only get a few chances to get to the top 10 in their career and I wish Marion would start to make the most of this.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:34 PM   #34
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Let me apologize in advance since I'm pro'bly not qualified to assess Marion as well as many others of you.It's just that she doesn't have the same natural,physical gifts as some of the other girls therefore it's more special when you see her have great success such as she had last year.She is more human and more like one of us in this respect--not accounting for her wondrous beauty,of course.

I hope that she doesn't get disheartened by these recent failures and uses some pro-active measures to regain her previous level of excellence.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #35
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

What Bartoli's Boy said.

But all of you make good points friends. I guess i'm with Sorcy on this.

1). But for an unfortunate 1st Round draw Marion could have went deeper into the tournament.

2). When you actually break down yesterdays scoreline it wasnt quite as horrific as it initially appears.

7). It's nice to see a gathering here. The Superhood bin quiet lately.

Last edited by Super_Marion : Mar 30th, 2008 at 12:28 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #36

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
Don't know what else to say really. I'm really depressed.
i know But she's a fighter.

Last edited by Super_Marion : Mar 30th, 2008 at 12:21 PM.
Super_Marion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2008, 04:10 AM   #37
country flag weary

weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light weary is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck on clay Marion!
weary is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #38
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Our Marion is back on green clay this year, playing Amelia Island. I hope she does well here, France has to defend a title in addition to that . And it's above all my favourite tournament, so please Marion, go far!

Actually the thing is that Marion has a great draw (http://www.sonyericssonwtatour.com/3...land_draws.pdf). No Sharapova, no Davenport, no Hantuchova in her section...
As the 4th seed, she has a BYE in the first round. She faces then the winner of Ruano Pascual vs Govortsova. I don't want to make any predictions, I would just say that she is due to play Razzano in R3 & Schnyder or Bammer in QF. It's the quarter of slumping players apparently.
Please Marion, don't waste this opportunity of going far!!! Bonne chance!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #39

Yes it's a decent draw for a change. However she's never won a match at Amelia Island. So it wont be easy. But she can do it.

I should Google for the difference between green clay and red.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 03:07 AM   #40
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Well, there is a big clue in the names.

Hehehe, couldn't resist.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM   #41
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Quote:

Hehehe, couldn't resist.
What do you mean?

Schnyder freaks Bartoli Boy out??

well it would be a satisfying line up for me anyway cuz two of my slumping favourites got to the QF of this T2 event

whatever happens then I dont know but I'll support the winner

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 08:51 PM   #42
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
I should Google for the difference between green clay and red.
Quote:

Hehehe, couldn't resist.
Old Apr 7th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #43

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
I GET IT I GET IT

I'm such a fool!!!

True follower of

Old Apr 7th, 2008, 09:58 PM   #44

I see your spirit is no longer downcast Bartoli's Boy

Green looks nicer Red tastes nicer

Pink clay will be the next big thing on the womens tour!!
Old Apr 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM   #45

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stadium (from 10.00hrs)
1. Mattek vs. Cirstea
2. Makarova vs. Szavay
3. King vs. Davenport

4. Govortsova vs. Bartoli

5. Sharapova vs. Zahlavova Strycova (NB 19.00hrs)
6. Peng/Sun vs. Dechy/Shaughnessy

Alleeez Marion!!!
Let's get off to a good start this tournament and your clay season.
Whatever happens fight like hell

True follower of