Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 05:34 AM   #16
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian Wells & some other big US tournaments ...

It's so great that Marion won matches at Indian Wells and at least defended her points. She has little to defend for the next few weeks but then ALOT from Estoril onwards. So please Marion take confidence from this past week and get as many points as you can.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #17
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

I'm quite satisfied of Marion's form, she still struggles with her confidence in the tough times (especially at closing a set ) but at least her level has really improved. She hit plenty of nice winners against Kerber.

So I hope she can keep playing this way and find more consistent results! She has a pretty good draw in Miami. She will start with Wozniacki/Pironkova in R2 & then Srebotnik. All those players are quite talented, but they are clearly beatable for Marion. The bad news is after she would have to play a big server again in the person of Venus Williams.
I am not worried if she faces Caroline, the last time, Marion was out of energy and she couldn't play her game. Caroline has nothing to hurt her, I'm sure she will go fine .
I hope she can give herself a chance to play a rematch of Wimbledon's final!! Allez!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 07:27 PM   #18
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

Marion, get it together
Just Do It is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #19
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Hey Iceland, you're more optimistic!

I was dissapointed for her when she lost to Lindsay.

I agree that Marion can put the last match against Caro behind her.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM   #20
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Marion View Post
Hey Iceland, you're more optimistic!
yeah indeed what prozac are you using?

This draw is leading to optimism though it looks good untill the moment she plays a top 10 player and then she plays Venus, which is very hard indeed.I don't know how many points she has to defend but with the form of the last tournament she can definitely reach the match vs. Venus and that means a couple of wins again and points building up her good form for the rest of the season.
I guess this gives hope for some optimism and also for Marion who should give Caroline a good beating as revenge for Dubai/Doha

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 05:42 PM   #21
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know but now that Marion's match is starting soon and that all my faves lost, I don't feel very optimistic ^^.

CMON MARION!!!!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM   #22
country flag Iceland
From island to island

FIRST SET

Marion fails to break despite a 0/30 lead. 0/1
Wozniacki breaks easily 0/2 .
Marion breaks back punishing Wozniacki on her 2nd serves. 1/2
Got broken again ... I don't like it 1/3
Easy hold for Wozniacki, who has a high first serve percentage 1/4

Last edited by Iceland : Mar 28th, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:33 PM   #23
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Phew Marion held! Break back please, I want to see you leading after my dinner! 2/4

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:55 PM   #24
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion is in trouble, she is led 63 20.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #25
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion wasted more GPs and goes down even more. Just pathetic, a top player should learn how to not lose to the same (bad) player twice.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #26
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion broke at love just to lose her serve at love too. Down 36 14. The glorious time of her Wimbledon form is officially over.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 08:11 PM   #27
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Marion lost 63 61. End of the story. She is done.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #28
country flag sorcerer

sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light sorcerer is a glorious beacon of light

Wozniacki is quite talented! Her season so far 4th round: AO & Indian Wells, QF: Doha & Memphis. This makes her 11wins 4losses which is impressive in itself.

But even more so when you consider...
those 'four' are: Ivanovic, Sharapova, Davenport and Kuznetsova.

No disgrace for Marion...she should have taken the first game of the second set. Things could have been different.

The only worry I have for the game is that with such a high first serve percentage of 78% she is only winning 48% of those points.
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #29
country flag Iceland
From island to island

I get your point, but there is a difference in losing to Wozniacki and getting thrashed in less than one hour! This is why I'm becoming more and more worried for Marion. She said everything was fine before the tournament in an interview.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #30
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Marion What's happening with your tennis?
this looks like a loss without a fight . Within an hour I heard? That's not the way tennis should be played. I've seen you fighting soo hard before why is that not happening now?If your game is in a dip that could compensate it but if your fighting spirit is also gone then it's hard to win any match you play.
CMON Marion get yourself together and never give up without a hell of a fight!!!

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote