Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 311 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #4651
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

Fourth up on court one tomorrow which is a streamed court.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 13th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #4652
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
Honestly should get to the SF's without much trouble. Kops-Jones/Spears could be tricky, but no worries other than that.

Side note: Lindsay Davenport reported during the FC tie against Italy this past weekend that MJF asked Lisa to play the tie, but she declined. Not sure if that means she asked her to play before Liezel or in addition to Liezel. She knew how important that doubles point would be, so I wouldn't be surprised if she wanted to make the risky move in putting two doubles players on the team.
That's interesting, I've wondered what her relationship with MJF is, seeing that she has rarely played FC for her.
Old Feb 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #4653
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan75 View Post
That's interesting, I've wondered what her relationship with MJF is, seeing that she has rarely played FC for her.
She looked a bit teary eyed when Lisa won her medal in the Olympics and I thought they must have a good relationship based on her reaction but I might be wrong.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #4654
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

She answered my tweet on twitter last year when I asked her if she would want to play Fed Cup again and she said she would love to if offered. I don't think it has anything to do with a negative relationship with MJF, she may just have been still searching for a partner, seeing as Sam was only confirmed Sunday. Hopefully she will be on the squad against Sweden.
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #4655
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

I think Lisa was offered before Liezel. She had higher ranking. I doubt MJF asked Lisa while Sloane was still on team, Sloane is good at doubles. Or she could have asked Lisa after Sloane withdrew in the attempt of giving doubles a good try...not that they would have won, but still. I think the first option.

I think Lisa and MJF are friends. That's what I thought. They've played doubles together before, most notably that painful 1998 Fed Cup SF match vs. Spain. Her, Lindsay, and MJF all got along well.

I think she declined because of inconvenience. Going to Italy on clay to play one match, that may not have even mattered, just before Doha where she has big points to defend is silly. Plus she knows how committed Liezel is to Fed Cup, so she probably gave it up easy.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #4656
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
She answered my tweet on twitter last year when I asked her if she would want to play Fed Cup again and she said she would love to if offered. I don't think it has anything to do with a negative relationship with MJF, she may just have been still searching for a partner, seeing as Sam was only confirmed Sunday. Hopefully she will be on the squad against Sweden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
I think Lisa was offered before Liezel. She had higher ranking. I doubt MJF asked Lisa while Sloane was still on team, Sloane is good at doubles. Or she could have asked Lisa after Sloane withdrew in the attempt of giving doubles a good try...not that they would have won, but still. I think the first option.

I think Lisa and MJF are friends. That's what I thought. They've played doubles together before, most notably that painful 1998 Fed Cup SF match vs. Spain. Her, Lindsay, and MJF all got along well.

I think she declined because of inconvenience. Going to Italy on clay to play one match, that may not have even mattered, just before Doha where she has big points to defend is silly. Plus she knows how committed Liezel is to Fed Cup, so she probably gave it up easy.
well put both of u, makes total sense to me and it makes more sense than a negative relationship with MJF..
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #4657
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Shoved off to court 3.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4658
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Nearly blew at least a 5-2 lead - won the first set 6-4 though.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4659
country flag TennisFan75

hanging on in the 2nd.. Zhang/Husarova serving for the 2nd @ 5-4
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4660
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

0-3 -> 3-3 -> 3-5 -> 4-5 -> 4-6 (led 15-30 in this last game).

6-4 4-6. Super time.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4661
country flag TennisFan75

onto the TB...
Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #4662
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

1-0 -> 1-2 -> 2-2 -> 2-4 -> 5-4 -> 5-5 -> 6-5 -> 6-6(Lisa DFed) -> 10-6

6-4 4-6 [10-6] Kops-Jones/Spears tomorrow.

Old Feb 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #4663
country flag TennisFan75

6-4 4-6 10-6 c'mon!!
Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #4664
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Great volleying by Lisa to hold for 2-6 1-2.

Old Feb 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #4665
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Abi and Rocky playing well...Stosur sucks. 2-6 1-3.

Closed Thread