Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 290 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM   #4336
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Liezel blew the set point in the SF with a horrible inside out forehand volley.

Lisa constantly set them up to break the Russians in that second set, but Liezel was useless. Liezel really held Lisa back. And their goal was to get an Olympic medal, that was the goal as a partnership, they didn't, so time to call it quits for next season.

Lisa is so sad

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #4337
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

And not to mention, Liezel was broken every fucking set.

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #4338
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she can keep it together for mixed
Barktra is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #4339
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

I am so depressed. They really should have won that. I am so pissed at Liezel.

Please win Mixed Bronze. Please win Lisa that Bronze, Mike!

I really want a Lisa/Vesnina 2013 partnership. Vesnina always compliments Lisa. Vesnina is what Lisa wants; a young player with hard strokes to set her up to put volleys away. And maybe Lisa can help her get over that Slam hump if she doesn't at the US Open Mixed.

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #4340
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post

I really want a Lisa/Vesnina 2013 partnership. Vesnina always compliments Lisa. Vesnina is what Lisa wants; a young player with hard strokes to set her up to put volleys away. And maybe Lisa can help her get over that Slam hump if she doesn't at the US Open Mixed.
agree 100%!
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #4341
country flag Barktra
Allez

Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute Barktra has a reputation beyond repute

That would be a really good partner

Or maybe she could partner with Nadia
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #4342
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Loving that you guys agree about Vesnina. Now we just gotta have them agree

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:38 PM   #4343
country flag TennisFan75

TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold TennisFan75 is a splendid one to behold

i would imagine that they had a plan to assess their partnership after this year anyway, with the olympics out of the way. Depending on the US hardcourt season, we could see that assessment made sooner rather than later.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:41 PM   #4344
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^They shouldn't break up before the YEC. They will qualify together easily. No matter how pissed I am with this team, they still get the job done against most and beat Vesnina/Makarova and Radwanskas this week. Finish the year out and try to defend all their big points together. But 2013 is a different story.

They have #1 for AT LEAST 5 more weeks. I expect them to lose it after US Open. Since they have 4850 points to defend from US Open, Tokyo, Beijing and YEC.

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:44 PM   #4345
country flag Barktra
Allez

Quote:
^They shouldn't break up before the YEC. They will qualify together easily. No matter how pissed I am with this team, they still get the job done against most and beat Vesnina/Makarova and Radwanskas this week. Finish the year out and try to defend all their big points together. But 2013 is a different story.

They have #1 for AT LEAST 5 more weeks. I expect them to lose it after US Open. Since they have 4850 points to defend from US Open, Tokyo, Beijing and YEC.
Agreed

But with the history with Liezel, this partnership could end today.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #4346
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would love her to partner up with Vesnina in 2013

I'm devastated aswell guys I really thought they had this one in the bag.

Pleeeease win the Bronze with Mike
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #4347
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Mixed will be on Centre.

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:13 PM   #4348
country flag obama08

obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light obama08 is a glorious beacon of light

So sad for Lisa- she played so well today. Liezel was, and has been since Miami, the weak link. She can't seem to put her volleys away and is getting tight at key moments (just look at bp chances today!). I think she is also too slow and that hurts as her first volley is not good enough to pick up the returns from where she is hitting them
- behind the service line.

I wish lisa would pair up with someone else for 2013- just not sure who. Vesnina is a good option and they do get on well but
not sure what the status is for her and Makarova and lisa with Liezel.

I think lisa still has the hunger for more so maybe she will make a change!
obama08 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:21 PM   #4349
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

^She should want more. But in all honesty, if she wins that 2013 Australian Open Mixed title, I couldn't care less what happens the rest of the year for her.

Lisa/Mike's to do list: Win Bronze and Win AO Mixed

Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:41 PM   #4350
country flag Barktra
Allez

1-0
Closed Thread