Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2012, 12:27 AM   #4006
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

Very nice scroreline
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2012, 07:44 AM   #4007
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Saw the whole thing and they played a solid match. They generally kept the ball low to Brianti whose groundstrokes can't cope with the low bounce and targeted Cadantu a lot at the net. Lisa produced an amazing angled flick BH volley in the second set which was by far the best shot of the match.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM   #4008
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Liezel also had some rather heavy strapping on her left forearm. Not sure if this is a recent injury or something which has been lingering for a while now...

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #4009
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/lisaraymond73/st...43735100764161
Happy to get a win today @AEGONClassic-just not sure if that surface was grass or clay or maybe a combo of both! ‪#aWinisaWin‬

WTH is going on with this tournament?

I say get out of there, get to Eastbourne and play on real grass.

They desperately need matches before Wimbledon and the weather isn't helping.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #4010
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

They beat Dushevina/Tanasugarn 6-4 4-6 [10-8]. Umm....okay. Kops-Jones/Spears tomorrow. 2nd on Court 4. I presume today's match was finished indoors (led 6-4 2-4 I think, yesterday)

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #4011
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

It's good they were pushed that much, they need the confidence.
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #4012
country flag Dave.
Winner

http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...812047,00.html

Quotable Quotes... Raymond's Road Back

BIRMINGHAM, England - The No.1 doubles team in the world - Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond - looked as sharp as ever in their first match of the grass court season, rolling over Alberta Brianti and Alexandra Cadantu in the first round of the AEGON Classic, 61 62. But things haven't always been so easy - a few years ago Raymond was at a crossroads in her career, and through blood, sweat and tears, she finally clawed her way back to No.1 in the world in April.

Here are a few thoughts from the classy American.

On how it felt to get back to No.1 on April 23...
"It's definitely a lot more special this time than ever before. It has been a long road to getting back to this position, back to No.1. I had to make a lot of tough decisions, make a lot of changes in my life and put in a lot of hard work, on and off the court. But at the end of the day, when you do all of that and feel good about it, and feel good about yourself, you'll play good tennis. That's what has happened. And it's definitely more gratifying now at 38 - it feels amazing."

On her recommitment to fitness...
"I had to really try if I wanted to do this anymore. Once I finally decided I wanted to come back and achieve things at a high level, I made that decision, put in the time, got fit again - I'm actually the fittest I've ever been in my career.

"I was playing in Palm Springs two years ago and lost first round, playing with Rennae, and when we walked off the court she took me aside and said, 'What are you doing with your life?' She told me I was a shell of the player I used to be, and she was right. We're such good friends and I needed that - somebody who really cared about me to say that, to tell me to get back on track. I was crying hysterically during that conversation because I knew she was right. I knew I had to get it together, my professional and personal life too. That night I was on a treadmill at the hotel gym and I haven't looked back since.

"It's not a crazy formula, it's just all about choices. I prioritized fitness. Working out is a way of life now. The only thing I've really changed as far as what I do when I work out is I do a lot more explosive stuff, I do resistance bands, and core training. I'll go and randomly take a core class with a friend, just do things like that to keep it fresh and new. I like mixing it up. It's rare I don't work out on a given day - even on days off I'll do something, even if it's just 15 minutes of abs and resistance bands. And it's obviously about what I'm eating too - you can work your butt off in the gym and burn 2000 calories, but if you're putting 3000 in, it's not going to do anything. It's about making the right choices."

On having to be a better tennis player now...
"The game is so physical now and the girls are so good, hitting the ball so big and so heavy, that for sure I've had to become a much better tennis player too. I think I'm a better volleyer now than 15, 10 or even five years ago. I've worked hard on that. Liezel and I have worked hard in order to keep up with a lot of these girls and to stay ahead of them too. My first volley today has to be better than five or 10 years ago, because the returns are better. Lisa Raymond the player wasn't good enough five years ago to be the top doubles player in the world - I've had to get fitter, stronger and more flexible to get to here again.

"It's kind of a cliché, but I found the right partner too."

On Liezel Huber...
"Liezel and I have always said it's not about individual No.1, it's a team. Doubles is a team. You win together and lose together, and that's something very important for both of us. We're so different in so many ways, yet so similar too. I think we both work very well in these kinds of relationships, it's like a business relationship - we're friends, but we come to work every day and we're colleagues. She's my co-worker. We think of it like that. It's a good balance for us. It works. She has been extremely successful in the past too.

"Personally, I feel better when I'm part of a consistent team. It's one of the things I love about doubles. There's nothing better than achieving something with someone else, achieving a common goal. I loved playing college tennis. In my personal and professional life I like consistency. I don't like surprises. I'm a very routine-oriented person. I like that sense of comfort and familiarity that comes with a partnership. Weeks, months, years of playing together, committing to a common goal and achieving it, it's like a marriage! The more time you work together, you will hopefully gel and be successful."

On the future...
"I think both of us are looking at it one season at a time. I certainly don't see an end in the near future at all. For me, it's always about if I'm healthy and happy doing this, and performing at a high level and doing well. I'm too much of a perfectionist to not try to be the best. If we weren't competing at such a high level, I wouldn't be doing this. I think that's why we're both doing this.

"Even at our age, we're capable of a lot more. We feel we can achieve it. We've done some great things this year and we're hoping for even more - to do well at the rest of the Slams and obviously trying to get an Olympic medal. That's something neither of us has achieved and the one thing that's missing."
Old Jun 16th, 2012, 10:33 PM   #4013
country flag Dave.
Winner

Such an inspiration on the fitness thing. The Lisa of the last Olympic year, or even two years ago is unrecognisable compared to the current one. Major props to her and Rennae for giving her that talking to.

I also love that there are still no retirement plans in the near future. It would be so easy to just bow out with the Olympics/US Open, but they really should continue as long as they're able to stay top players.

How good would it be if she made it to Rio 2016? (She could so do it aswell)
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 03:08 AM   #4014

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
https://twitter.com/lisaraymond73/st...43735100764161
Happy to get a win today @AEGONClassic-just not sure if that surface was grass or clay or maybe a combo of both! ‪#aWinisaWin‬

WTH is going on with this tournament?

I say get out of there, get to Eastbourne and play on real grass.

They desperately need matches before Wimbledon and the weather isn't helping.

It's the tourney that will never end
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 03:12 AM   #4015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/OffCou...812047,00.html

Quotable Quotes... Raymond's Road Back

BIRMINGHAM, England - The No.1 doubles team in the world - Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond - looked as sharp as ever in their first match of the grass court season, rolling over Alberta Brianti and Alexandra Cadantu in the first round of the AEGON Classic, 61 62. But things haven't always been so easy - a few years ago Raymond was at a crossroads in her career, and through blood, sweat and tears, she finally clawed her way back to No.1 in the world in April.

Here are a few thoughts from the classy American.

On how it felt to get back to No.1 on April 23...
"It's definitely a lot more special this time than ever before. It has been a long road to getting back to this position, back to No.1. I had to make a lot of tough decisions, make a lot of changes in my life and put in a lot of hard work, on and off the court. But at the end of the day, when you do all of that and feel good about it, and feel good about yourself, you'll play good tennis. That's what has happened. And it's definitely more gratifying now at 38 - it feels amazing."

On her recommitment to fitness...
"I had to really try if I wanted to do this anymore. Once I finally decided I wanted to come back and achieve things at a high level, I made that decision, put in the time, got fit again - I'm actually the fittest I've ever been in my career.

"I was playing in Palm Springs two years ago and lost first round, playing with Rennae, and when we walked off the court she took me aside and said, 'What are you doing with your life?' She told me I was a shell of the player I used

to be, and she was right. We're such good friends and I needed that - somebody who really cared about me to say that, to tell me to get back on track. I was crying hysterically during that conversation because I knew she was right. I knew I had to get it together, my professional and personal life too. That night I was on a treadmill at the hotel gym and I haven't looked back since.

"It's not a crazy formula, it's just all about choices. I prioritized fitness. Working out is a way of life now. The only thing I've really changed as far as what I do when I work out is I do a lot more explosive stuff, I do resistance bands, and core training. I'll go and randomly take a core class with a friend, just do things like that to keep it fresh and new. I like mixing it up. It's rare I don't work out on a given day - even on days off I'll do something, even if it's just 15
minutes of abs and resistance bands. And it's obviously about what I'm eating too - you can work your butt off in the gym and burn 2000 calories, but if you're putting 3000 in, it's not going to do anything. It's about making the right choices."

On having to be a better tennis player now...
"The game is so physical now and the girls are so good, hitting the ball so big and so heavy, that for sure I've had to become a much better tennis player too. I think I'm a better volleyer now than 15, 10 or even five years ago. I've worked hard on that. Liezel and I have worked hard in order to keep up with a lot of these girls and to stay ahead of

them too. My first volley today has to be better than five or 10 years ago, because the returns are better. Lisa Raymond the player wasn't good enough five years ago to be the top doubles player in the world - I've had to get fitter, stronger and more flexible to get to here again.

"It's kind of a cliché, but I found the right partner too."

On Liezel Huber...
"Liezel and I have always said it's not about individual No.1, it's a team. Doubles is a team. You win together and lose together, and that's something very important for both of us. We're so different in so many ways, yet so similar too. I think we both work very well in these kinds of relationships, it's like a business relationship - we're friends, but we come to work every day and we're colleagues. She's my co-worker. We think of it like that. It's a good balance for us. It works. She has been extremely successful in the past too.

"Personally, I feel better when I'm part of a consistent team. It's one of the things I love about doubles. There's nothing better than achieving something with someone else, achieving a common goal. I loved playing college tennis. In my personal and professional life I like consistency. I don't like surprises. I'm a very routine-oriented person. I like that sense of comfort and familiarity that comes with a partnership. Weeks, months, years of playing together, committing to a common goal and achieving it, it's like a marriage! The more time you work together, you will hopefully gel and be successful."

On the future...
"I think both of us are looking at it one season at a time. I certainly don't see an end in the near future at all. For me, it's always about if I'm healthy and happy doing this, and performing at a high level and doing well. I'm too much of
a perfectionist to not try to be the best. If we weren't competing at such a high level, I wouldn't be doing this. I think that's why we're both doing this.

"Even at our age, we're capable of a lot more. We feel we can achieve it. We've done some great things this year and we're hoping for even more - to do well at the rest of the Slams and obviously trying to get an Olympic medal. That's something neither of us has achieved and the one thing that's missing."

What an amazing article. I honestly think she could play another few years of top level tennis with her current fitness level
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #4016
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

They beat Kops-Jones/Spears 6-4 6-1. Zhang/Zheng or Babos/Hsieh in the final later today.

R1: (1) Raymond/Huber def. Alberta Brianti/Alexandra Cadantu 6-1 6-2
QF: (1) Raymond/Huber def. Vera Dushevina/Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-4 4-6 [10-8]
SF: (1) Raymond/Huber def. (4) Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears 6-4 6-1
F: (1) Raymond/Huber vs. Timea Babos/Su-Wei Hsieh or Shuai Zhang/Jie Zheng

Last edited by Uranium : Jun 17th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #4017
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally another final
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #4018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
They beat Kops-Jones/Spears 6-4 6-1. Zhang/Zheng or Babos/Hsieh in the final later today.

R1: (1) Raymond/Huber def. Alberta Brianti/Alexandra Cadantu 6-1 6-2
QF: (1) Raymond/Huber def. Vera Dushevina/Tamarine Tanasugarn 6-4 4-6 [10-8]
SF: (1) Raymond/Huber def. (4) Raquel Kops-Jones/Abigail Spears 6-4 6-1
F: (1) Raymond/Huber vs. Timea Babos/Su-Wei Hsieh or Shuai Zhang/Jie Zheng
Well done I like their chances against either team
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #4019
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Please win it
Old Jun 17th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #4020
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Well done I like their chances against either team
Well we have to root for Zheng to lose in singles. That way she can possibly get the 2 doubles matches done today. The final won't be played today if she beats Jankovic.

Closed Thread