Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 253 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3781
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread

They take it 10-3 in the Super TB
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 08:05 PM   #3782
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

5-0 -> 5-1 -> 6-1 -> 6-2 -> 7-2 -> 7-3 -> 10-3.

5-7 7-5 [10-3] Liezel Saved 2 MPs

Now comes her trouble round, the QFs. Gajdosova/Mattek-Sands next. That could be tricky if they keep struggling.

Last edited by Uranium : Mar 11th, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #3783
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Lisa/Liezel! Nice fight
Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3784
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Some stats on this duo:
Total Win/Loss Record: 53-14
Since San Diego Loss (SD Loss Excluded/Since start of Toronto): 37-4
Since US Open: 27-3 (33-3 including the 6 wins at USO)
2012 Season: 19-2
Since AO Loss: 13-0

Third Sets and Supertiebreaks:
Total: 13-5 (11-2 in STBs)
Since Wimbledon: 12-2 (11-1 in STBs)
Since start of Toronto: 11-2 (10-1 in STBs)
Since US Open: 9-2 (9-1 in STBs)
2012 Season: 6-2 (6-1 in STBs)
Since AO Loss: 5-0

The two losses they have in Supertiebreaks are BOTH matches that they had MPs in.

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:24 PM   #3785
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

QF: Gajdosova/Mattek-Sands
SF: Dellacqua/Stosur or Benesova/Zahlavova Strycova.

The draw rarely gets better than that in such a big event especially when trying to make your first final at Indian Wells. Come on Liezel/Lisa

Old Mar 11th, 2012, 11:57 PM   #3786
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Some stats on this duo:
Total Win/Loss Record: 53-14
Since San Diego Loss (SD Loss Excluded/Since start of Toronto): 37-4
Since US Open: 27-3 (33-3 including the 6 wins at USO)
2012 Season: 19-2
Since AO Loss: 13-0

Third Sets and Supertiebreaks:
Total: 13-5 (11-2 in STBs)
Since Wimbledon: 12-2 (11-1 in STBs)
Since start of Toronto: 11-2 (10-1 in STBs)
Since US Open: 9-2 (9-1 in STBs)
2012 Season: 6-2 (6-1 in STBs)
Since AO Loss: 5-0

The two losses they have in Supertiebreaks are BOTH matches that they had MPs in.
They're fast becoming the Djokovic of the WTA doubles tour
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3787
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/doublesnews...256567_2650595

INDIAN WELLS, CA, USA - Top seeds Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond faced two match points on Sunday but never gave in, and now they have their longest winning streak since first joining forces last April: 13 and counting.

Facing Marina Erakovic and Monica Niculescu in their second round match at Indian Wells, Huber and Raymond found themselves at 57 35, with Huber serving 30-40 - two match points, one there and another at the no-ad deuce.

But they're the Top 2-ranked doubles players in the world for a reason, and they saved both of them, eventually reeling off 10 points in a row to clinch that game and win the next two games at love. The momentum was completely in their favor as they would win the set and cruise from there to a 57 75 103 win.

"Liezel and I knew we had a ton of chances throughout the match that just didn't go our way," Raymond said after the comeback victory. "We just had to hang in there, make a few adjustments and believe it would turn around.

"The crowd was incredible - they pulled us through today!"

It's not often a match tie-break swings as much in one team's favor as 10-3, but it's fair to say Huber and Raymond have mastered the art of the match tie-break - since joining together 11 months ago, they are 11-2 in them, and since they lost their first one, they have actually won 11 of their last 12. And to prop them up even more, in the only one they lost they had match point - Kveta Peschke and Katarina Srebotnik saved it en route to a 13-11 win in the Sydney final.

Raymond talked about the art of the match tie-break: "We use our experience. We play our best tennis when we are aggressive, when we go for it and then make the other team have to come up with something special."

Indeed, Peschke fired a huge inside out forehand return on that match point.

Other winners were Czechs Iveta Benesova and Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, who rallied from 4-2 down in the second set to close No.4 seeds Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova out, 63 64; and Australians Casey Dellacqua and Sam Stosur, who got a walkover from No.8 seeds Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Vania King after King had to withdraw due to a GI illness.

Later on, No.2 seeds and defending champions Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina had an even more dominant finish against Timea Bacsinszky and Alberta Brianti, playing a near-perfect match tie-break to win, 61 36 102.

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #3788
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.bnpparibasopen.com/News/T...e-Raymond.aspx

CHAMPION SPOTLIGHT INTERVIEW: LISA RAYMOND
Indian Wells, U.S.A.
by Matt Fitzgerald | 11.03.2012

Lisa Raymond is one of the most accomplished players in WTA history. After a successful singles career that saw her win four titles, Raymond has flourished in doubles, winning 77 titles, and is currently ranked second in the WTA Doubles Rankings behind partner Liezel Huber.

At the BNP Paribas Open, Raymond has triumphed six times, putting her in a tie with Lindsay Davenport for the most women’s doubles titles in tournament history. She discussed her success at the event and selected her three favorite local restaurants in this champion spotlight feature for BNPParibasOpen.com.

You’re tied with Lindsay Davenport for the most women’s doubles titles at Indian Wells. What is it about this event that brings out your best tennis?
I think I’ve had some great partners in the past, including Lindsay. I play really well in dry heat, which is part of it. And then the atmosphere out here helps. The fans are phenomenal. They love doubles, they are knowledgeable about doubles. Like today, it was standing room only out there and they got us through that match. I think as a doubles player, you cherish those moments. They mean so much more to you. For us to go out there today and play in front of a packed house was just awesome.

Having played here on numerous occasions, what separates the BNP Paribas Open from other WTA events?
The fact that it’s a men’s and women’s event and you get almost all of the top players makes it a great tournament. It’s so attractive to the players. It’s a great venue and is very accessible to fans. There is a ton of stadium type seating. And then it’s gorgeous. The weather is wonderful and when you’re out there practicing, and you look around, there’s this beautiful mountain that looks like it is 100 feet away. There’s really no downside to this tournament.

Last year, you came together with Liezel Huber, and the two of you really caught fire the second half of the year, winning the US Open and season-ending WTA Championships. How rewarding was it to end your Grand Slam title drought in Flushing Meadows?
I would probably say it was the one most, if not the most rewarding title I’ve ever won. I had been through a couple tough years and strayed a bit. I really had to find myself again, get fit, and get my life together. It culminated with partnering with Liezel and us working hard. A lot of people doubted the partnership and weren’t fans of it, but we stuck together and knew that it was a great business decision for both of us. I’ve always considering the US Open to be my home event, being from Philadelphia. I spent a lot of time in New York and had numerous friends and family there, so it was a very, very special day.

This season, you and Liezel are off to a flying start, entering Indian Wells with three straight titles. What makes you two such a formidable duo?
When we get in tight situations, we rely on our experience, and today was a perfect example of that. We both have so much of it, and I think that’s one of our biggest assets as a team. We’ve worked very hard on the court to be a great team, but also each bring our own experience to the table. Right now, we’re very confident. Teams are going to have to come out and play well, and take us down, put a knife in us to beat us, because we’re not going away.

In finding great success in both singles and doubles, what is it that drives you to continue competing at this stage in your career?
There are those couple years where I feel I lost out on. I feel I have a lot more I can achieve. Any athlete that’s competed at this level knows it’s tough to walk away. When you’re competing and winning, you want more. For me and Liezel, we want to win more majors and be the number one doubles team in the world. Another huge goal for us is the Olympics. Neither one of us have medaled before, and if there’s one thing that’s missing from both of our trophies cabinets, that would be it. It’s something we’re motivated to strive for.

Being a restaurant buff, which three restaurants in the Palm Desert area would you recommend and what is their best dish?
One of my favorites without question is Don Diego’s. I’m a huge chips and salsa girl. And they have great mole sauce, which is probably my favorite thing there.

I love Ristorante Mamma Gina’s. I’m half Italian and grew up with homemade sauce, so any of their pasta dishes are exceptional.

My favorite restaurant in the country was here, but it doesn’t exist anymore. It was called Omri & Boni. It was a small place on Highway 111 and it was run by a married couple. They unfortunately ended up separating and both started their own restaurants. I’m not sure how they are going right now. But back in the day, 7-10 years, it was definitely a spot I always went to.

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #3789
country flag stefi62

No match today! They can rest a bit from yesterday's match.

Old Mar 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #3790
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Another thing missing from both your trophy cases is the Australian Open Mixed, Lisa.

Thanks for posting all that, nice to read.

Also, supposedly Beth has the virus too.

Last edited by Uranium : Mar 12th, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old Mar 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #3791
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
They're fast becoming the Djokovic of the WTA doubles tour
But much more exciting to watch.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #3792
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

A bit delayed, but I found pics from Doha:

Epic match vs. Goerges/Zheng

vs. Barrois/Groenefeld

vs. Kops-Jones/Spears

Old Mar 13th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #3793
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Wrong trophies in Dubai:
Old Mar 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM   #3794
country flag stefi62

Thanks for the pictures!

I love those with the wrong trophies! And I think Doha's trophies are so ugly!!!

Old Mar 14th, 2012, 12:09 AM   #3795
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

0-1. 40-15 lead blown, lost on Deciding Point.
0-2. 15-40 blown on Gajdosova's serve, lost on Deciding Point.
1-2. Holds to 15.
2-2. Mattek-Sands broken to 30.
3-2. Hold to love.
3-3. Gajdosova holds to 15.
4-3. Hold to love.
5-3. Mattek-Sands broken on Deciding Point, almost blew that game too.
5-4. Broken to 30.
6-4. Gajdosova broken on Deciding Point, and they won on their 2nd set point.

Solid set, nice comeback from going down 0-2. Don't know who served first, but I presume Liezel did as she does most of the time.

Closed Thread