Lisa Raymond cheering thread - Page 216 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM   #3226
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Raymond cheering thread - vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
They won the final. Congrats girls! About four months ago, I think everyone wanted, and was expecting them to split up, but they're having a superb close to the year.
Well done Lisa and Liezel!
They never thought about splitting, always knew that at some point it would work! I saw them in Brussels/RG and then at the US Open, and god, things have changed so much! And Tony coaching both of us helps a lot.

And by the way, Lisa should be nb4 in the rankings from Monday on!

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...
stefi62 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 10:22 AM   #3227
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

How were they playing in Brussels? That seemed like the lowest point of the partnership. And how have they changed as a team?

I saw them in R1 in Birmingham and they played well-ish. Wasn't able to catch them at Eastbourne and Wimbledon though.

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 10:53 AM   #3228
country flag stefi62

stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute stefi62 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How were they playing in Brussels? That seemed like the lowest point of the partnership. And how have they changed as a team?

I saw them in R1 in Birmingham and they played well-ish. Wasn't able to catch them at Eastbourne and Wimbledon though.
In Brussels, they really did not play well. They won the first round to American wildcards (Falconi and Vandeweghe?) and they could not kill the points. Problems with combinations, they seemed offbeat all the time, could not fight against overheads,... And they both seemed to feel down. Second round was even worse. I felt terrible for them then. Then I attended practices sessions and saw the effort. Then 3 matches at RG and the Stubbs match was just very good. Then the first set of the semis was awful, and the second set ok. The third was not that bad, not that good, but they lost. When I saw their first round match in USO against Abi and Kops Jones, OMG that was totally a different team: far more communication, strategies far simpler and more effective, positive attitude on and off court! And then they won all their matches so easily ( well, except the first set of the final, during which they both felt tense _ especially Liezel_ but then they reacted as a team and managed to fight back).
I'm glad for them, that's very nice when you witness when effort pays off. And I hope they will still achieve great things this year!

They are actually qualified for Istanbul, that's official:
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201110...256076_2469019

Chanelle Scheepers - Abigail Spears - Vladka Uhlirova - Mervana Jugic-Salkic - Francesca Schiavone -Tsvetana Pironkova - Lisa Raymond - Sophie Lefèvre...

Last edited by stefi62 : Oct 1st, 2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 12:06 PM   #3229
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, look at the teams they lost to: Mirza/Vesnina, Peng/Zheng, and Dellacqua/Stubbs. Then Hlavackova/Voskoboeva, the RG Champ and one of the hottest doubles players this season. Not bad losses. However, not winning a set in either was a tad worrying. But like stefi and nevet said they got their shit together during Roland Garros and are a completely different and more confident team now. I just hope they try to take as much advantage of the Williams Sisters absence as possible.

They won 7-6(4) 0-6 [10-6].

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM   #3230
country flag Njay16
She's back. Why you mad?

Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute Njay16 has a reputation beyond repute

Stefi, could you tell us drama of the Huber/Raymond v Dellacqua/Stubbs match that occurred?
Njay16 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:10 PM   #3231
country flag stefi62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njay16 View Post
Stefi, could you tell us drama of the Huber/Raymond v Dellacqua/Stubbs match that occurred?
Honestly, I don't know what happened. I was there and Liezel and Lisa played very well. There was a point after which Stubbs and Liezel seemed to argue, but I don't know more.... sorry!

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:26 PM   #3232
country flag Srodgers

Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute Srodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on title #73 in doubles Lisa
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 11:07 PM   #3233
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
Congrats on title #73 in doubles Lisa
Amazing Guys,do you think Lisa will be in the Hall Of Fame? I would say yes, but you never know with the lack of respect doubles gets sometimes :-/ However, I think it bodes well for Lisa ( and Liezel ) that GiGi & Natasha were inducted into the HOF
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:24 AM   #3234
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute nevetssllim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefi62 View Post
In Brussels, they really did not play well. They won the first round to American wildcards (Falconi and Vandeweghe?) and they could not kill the points. Problems with combinations, they seemed offbeat all the time, could not fight against overheads,... And they both seemed to feel down. Second round was even worse. I felt terrible for them then. Then I attended practices sessions and saw the effort. Then 3 matches at RG and the Stubbs match was just very good. Then the first set of the semis was awful, and the second set ok. The third was not that bad, not that good, but they lost. When I saw their first round match in USO against Abi and Kops Jones, OMG that was totally a different team: far more communication, strategies far simpler and more effective, positive attitude on and off court! And then they won all their matches so easily ( well, except the first set of the final, during which they both felt tense _ especially Liezel_ but then they reacted as a team and managed to fight back).
I'm glad for them, that's very nice when you witness when effort pays off. And I hope they will still achieve great things this year!
Thanks for the write-up! I think they were something like 5-2 down to Vandeweghe/Falconi in Brussels before narrowly prevailing.

Don't suppose they're playing any of the European indoor events before the YEC?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"

Last edited by nevetssllim : Oct 2nd, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:29 AM   #3235
country flag stefi62

Quote:
Thanks for the write-up! I think they were something like 5-2 down to Vandeweghe/Falconi in Brussels before narrowly prevailing.

Don't suppose they're playing any of the European indoor seasons before the YEC?
I don't think so. By the way, I'm going to Istanbul...

Last edited by stefi62 : Oct 2nd, 2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 01:14 PM   #3236
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

Just Beijing. They got their Moscow visa in case they needed it to try to give one last push for Istanbul, but don't need to anymore.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:09 PM   #3237

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Cool I take it you've never been there before . How many different tourneys and countries have you been to over the years ?
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:38 PM   #3238
country flag stefi62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossCourt~Rally View Post
Cool I take it you've never been there before . How many different tourneys and countries have you been to over the years ?
I counted roughly, and I think since 2004 I went to around 70 international tennis events in 17 countries. Turkey will be my 18th. I went to ITFs, fedcup ties... And all four slams, the masters and 16 other tournaments. And I have great memories from all of them.

Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:44 PM   #3239

Quote:
I counted roughly, and I think since 2004 I went to around 70 international tennis events in 17 countries. Turkey will be my 18th. I went to ITFs, fedcup ties... And all four slams, the masters and 16 other tournaments. And I have great memories from all of them.
Wow, that's amazing! You should write a book about your adventures
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 03:47 PM   #3240
country flag nevetssllim
Stanning for Andi

Quote:
Have fun! Which events are you going to next year?

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
Closed Thread