Sveta K Cheering Thread !! vol.2 - Page 125 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2010, 07:27 AM   #1861
country flag Bart77

Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sveta K Cheering Thread !! vol.2

For Kirilenko it was a big day. For the first time she's in 4th round of RG, I believe. But still Sveta was not that bad. I mean her tennis & fittnes was ok. the big problem is her mentality. In some moments she was like in other dimenssion, and mostly thanks to that she lost.
As for top 10 players... All of them play bad tennis sometimes (except Serena Williams). Names? here you go: Radwanska, Safina, Azarenka, at RG this week. Oh, and Dementieva yesterday was a one big chaos not play.
Bart77 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM   #1862
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Kirilenko just beat Sveta in Rome and Paris, and beat Sharapova at the AO.
Unfortunately for Sveta, the better player in 2010 won.
Sveta barely wins a match anymore. She is staying in the top 20 because of her Beijing win last fall, but is not a top 20 player so far in 2010 points
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2010, 09:29 PM   #1863
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

as I have predicted back in March, Sveta to finish 2010 back end of top 20. That will be quite a fall. Crap. She of courrse can still salvage the year by decent showing at Wimbledon and US Open, but something says to me she has absolutely no belief in herself at the moment.
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM   #1864
country flag Bart77

Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light Bart77 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Kirilenko just beat Sveta in Rome and Paris, and beat Sharapova at the AO.
Unfortunately for Sveta, the better player in 2010 won.
Sveta barely wins a match anymore. She is staying in the top 20 because of her Beijing win last fall, but is not a top 20 player so far in 2010 points
I still think that this match was more lost by Sveta than win by Kirilenko. Don't get me wrong. Kirilenko did some progress in her game recently (mostly I think thanks to play double with Radwanska) and she's got some decent results this year but still in match against Kuznetsova she wasn't much better. Look at the stats, till the last game most statistics were for Sveta. And at the end they were almost equal.
And last but not least. Tennis is a sport and tennis players are humans not machines. So you cannot expect that they will always win or play their best. They (like we all) have better and worse days (months or years), they can have some physical, mental or just personal problems that you don't have idea about. And that's why they are loosing or winning. These all (and much more) factors make tennis (or sport in general) such exciting and entertainig. And that's why I think we are all interested in it.
So it's not an end for Kuznetsova. She'll be fine some day and play some kick ass tennis again.
Old May 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM   #1865
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think Sveta will play well again.
The problem is, we all knew this was coming.
A bad year, a bad title defense. This happened in 2005 and it happened again.

But now its over, Sveta is well out of the top 10.
Until she improves, she'll be seeded where she belongs.
And if she starts to win again, she can move back up

Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1866
country flag goldenlox

Schiavone made the final. Sveta lost to Kirilenko, and Fran beat Maria and Caro, then got a walkover from Lena

Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 10:18 PM   #1867
country flag Bart77

Yeah, this draw was way easier than the one Sam had to play through.

"Clenched fists, black eyes!" - 7Seconds

"No matter how hard you try, you can't stop us now" - Afrika Bambaataa
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1868
country flag tenn_ace

tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute tenn_ace has a reputation beyond repute

Myskina's recent interview:

– После того как вы победили на «Ролан Гаррос», больше российские теннисистки не могут добиться там успеха. Почему? – вопрос Анастасии Мыскиной.
– Я бы не сказала, что никто не смог добиться успеха. У многих девочек сезон в целом получился скомканным: у кого-то травмы, у кого-то просто что-то не получается. У Динары Сафиной была очень тяжелая травма, и хорошо, что она смогла восстановиться. Жаль, что Надя (Петрова) травмировалась и Лена (Дементьева) тоже. Но по большому счету я бы не сказала, что все плохо.
– Связаны ли неудачи россиян с тем, что они постоянно попадают друг на друга?
– Конечно, если кто-то из наших девочек попадает друг на друга, то это невезение. Другие же тоже работают, стараются выиграть, все хотят победить и добиваются своего. Я уверена, что рано или поздно мы добьемся успеха в Париже.

Old Jun 9th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #1869
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they forgot about Sveta's victory there. Myskina didn't even mention Sveta once in her interview.
Do they dislike each other?
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 04:25 PM   #1870
country flag tenn_ace

Maybe she thought once she retired, tennis ended?
Old Jun 11th, 2010, 09:21 PM   #1871
country flag Bart77

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLenaD View Post
Apparently they forgot about Sveta's victory there. Myskina didn't even mention Sveta once in her interview.
Quite possible. I guess Sveta is treated quite different in Russia than other players. Do you guys remember her upset when after winnig US Open she didn't recieve congrats call from Russian President? He did call Sharapova & Myskina after theirs Grand Slam winnings. And after the RG 2009 insted of call Sveat get a telegram.
http://tennisinfoblog.com/still-not-...-president-but

Old Jun 12th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #1872
country flag goldenlox

Here comes the grass season.

Alisa Kleyabnova v (wc)Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sorana Cirstea v (2)Francesca Schiavone

Old Jun 12th, 2010, 02:49 PM   #1873
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLenaD View Post
well they were friendly last year at RG as both of them and Larissa were seating together and laughing while watching Nadia vs Maria match in the stands.I don't know if anything has happened between them since then.
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 02:51 PM   #1874
country flag Bероника
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥

Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute Bероника has a reputation beyond repute

please win a match at least at Eastbourne,Sveta!

altough considering her terrible record this year against other russian players,she'll probably lose
Old Jun 12th, 2010, 06:57 PM   #1875
country flag Bart77

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Here comes the grass season.

Alisa Kleyabnova v (wc)Svetlana Kuznetsova
Sorana Cirstea v (2)Francesca Schiavone
Auch! That sucks really big, man!