The Nadia Petrova Cheering Thread vol.2 - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 28th, 2008, 04:01 PM   #181
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Nadia Petrova Cheering Thread vol.2

Nadia plays Alla in the R16. She gets tomorrow off.
I think Nadia is the favorite in this group to make the SF
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #182
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Nadya finding her form again.
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #183
country flag Coffee&TV

Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future Coffee&TV has a brilliant future

WD Nadia
Coffee&TV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM   #184
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

N. Petrova Interview - 28 JuneSaturday, 28 June 2008

Nadia Petrova def. Victoria Azarenka 7-6 (13-11), 7-6 (7-4)
Q. That's a good win over a very good young player at a Grand Slam, huh?
NADIA PETROVA: It certainly is, and it was a tough match, especially on grass. She's a very powerful player, and she really strokes the ball very hard. The ball comes very fast indeed when she serves well.
It was very important today, really serving well, which I thought I did, and then looking for break.
Pretty much same thing in the tiebreaker; try to get a break and hold on to your own serves and try not to give any free points, but it's really hard to have long volleys here on grass. It's really hard to control the ball.
I find the courts this year are more drier and the baseline is really worn out, and it's really difficult to get a good bounce on the baseline, so you've really got to keep it short.
Q. Did the experience matter in both tiebreakers do you think, your experience?
NADIA PETROVA: I think, yes, of course, and the thing is I have pretty good record in tiebreakers.
I really wanted to win this match, so I really gave everything I could into it.
Q. Just talk about your feelings going into the second week then. The last couple months have been a lot better.
NADIA PETROVA: Fantastic. I'm very happy winning those matches and very happy enjoying playing again and fighting and trying to find a solution in difficult moment and trying to stay calm.
It feels like after an injury I have to go through all those emotions and situations once again. It's like another learning process, but I guess that's what it takes.
If something doesn't really work, I take it as, you know, it's something I cannot avoid. Something is happening for the reason.
Q. Well, you've been through that before, too; it's not like you haven't had injuries
NADIA PETROVA: I know, but after a break when you come back, you might be playing unbelievable in practice, hitting the ball and really getting the feel of it. But when you go into a match, a match situation, you need to adjust in the match to a different game plan and pressure, emotions, when somebody talking, telephone calling. So you just name it, everything.
Q. So what do you know about Kudryavtseva?
NADIA PETROVA: Well, she had a very good win against Maria, and actually today, too, she really proved she's a tough player to beat on grass. She really enjoys it. I think that's the best she's ever done in a Grand Slam, and you know, I'm sure when she comes out playing me, she'll be free and she will be just I can just expect anything coming out from her. You know, she will be playing free.
Q. Just like she did against Maria?
NADIA PETROVA: Exactly, yes.
Q. How well do you know her?
NADIA PETROVA: I don't really know her well. I did practice with her a few times at the Fed Cup, but I've never played her and haven't seen her much besides last year against Venus and last two matches that she played. That's pretty much all I know about her.
Q. What is it that has made the Russian women so dominant?
NADIA PETROVA: It's many of us, first of all.
Q. Russian women, I said.
NADIA PETROVA: I think the backgrounds that we're coming from. We really have to work hard for better living, and that's an extra motivation for us.
Q. Just quickly, how did you end up wearing Venus' clothes?
NADIA PETROVA: Well, my contract with Airness unfortunately stopped earlier because for them it was very difficult for them to catch up with all these new lines and getting clothes in time for me because it was something new for them, and they had to prepare everything specially for me. They were just not on time, and they said, you know, it's just too tough for us and we're not prepared for that, so we would like to get out of the contract earlier.
You know, I just didn't want to wear any other brands. Why would I make such a favor to anyone else? And then I thought the V and coming up with a new brand and many players tried and many players succeed, and I thought, you know I offered to her, while I don't have anything, I'd be more than happy to play in your clothes if you'd like me, and she was very excited to have me on the team.
Q. And you like the clothes?
NADIA PETROVA: I really like the clothes. I think it's great. I mean, it's different. That's what I want; I want to wear something different.

Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:01 AM   #185
country flag goldenlox

Old Jun 29th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #186
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia looks really nice in the EleVen outfit. And she sounded so positive in her interview. Good signs.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 07:53 AM   #187
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Nadia and Tursunov are playing mixed doubles again. I soooo want them to win!!! But they have a tough first round against Murray/Huber.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #188
country flag Foot's Fingers

Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute Foot's Fingers has a reputation beyond repute

good chance for QF

pls stay healthy
Foot's Fingers is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM   #189
country flag goldenlox

Nadia is coasting 61 30*

Old Jun 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM   #190
country flag goldenlox

Nadia up 61 43*

Old Jun 30th, 2008, 02:29 PM   #191
country flag petrova-fan

petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of petrova-fan has much to be proud of

Nadia Petrova - Alla Kudryavtseva 6:1 6:4 ... now Dementieva or Peer.
http://www.petrova-fanpage.com
petrova-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #192
country flag RR-87

RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute RR-87 has a reputation beyond repute

Madison Keys <> Petra Kvitova <> Sloane Stephens

Maria Sharapova <> Donna Vekic <> Laura Robson <> Simona Halep
RR-87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 04:04 PM   #193
KV

KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute KV has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to make the Wimbly Quarters
KV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM   #194
country flag goldenlox

Nadia should be in the semis of Wimbledon.

Old Jun 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM   #195
country flag goldenlox

Nadia Petrova def. Alla Kudryavtseva 6-1, 6-4
Q. Where is all this great tennis coming from?

NADIA PETROVA: Well, you know, I'm very excited to be through the second week of the Wimbledon. I mean, I've realized that I really have a good draw to be in the quarters, and all I need to do is just stay there, have my head focused, and play the right tactics, play a smart game. That's what I've been doing until the middle of the second set, then I really started to think a little bit too much ahead. Because of that a little bit tightened up and wasn't as aggressive as I was in the beginning of the match. But then by the end of the second set I got myself together, and I knew I had to close it.

Q. So the last couple weeks have been very good for you. Do you feel like the confidence has come back?

NADIA PETROVA: Yeah, I've been enjoying playing on grass. Last week was a little bit difficult. I had to struggle through some pains. You know, had to call trainers in order to be able to finish the matches. But yesterday did so good to me, rested, and I've got enough treatment. I felt so much better today.

Q. So it's the right leg still, or is it your hip?

NADIA PETROVA: It was the left hip area. We really couldn't understand why. We had done all the exams and it doesn't show anything, but the pain was quite tough.

Q. Well, this is your first quarterfinal since Australia 2006.

NADIA PETROVA: Yeah, that's right.

Q. So can you afford to think, Maybe this could be my tournament? Maybe things are coming together at the right time?

NADIA PETROVA: Sure. Things are working well, and I'm very excited to play the next match. I don't want to look too much ahead. I just want to do the right things, see if my head is there. If I'm playing the tennis I need to play, I can beat pretty much anyone.

Q. And this grass should be, if you're playing well, a pretty good surface for you, because it will allow you to use a lot of parts of your game.

NADIA PETROVA: Exactly. It suits me very well with my serve, with my ability to go to the net. It really is a good surface for me.

Q. So when is the last time you've felt this good about your game?

NADIA PETROVA: There was a stage last year. I think the US Open Series. Before I got injured, that's what I felt also confident about my game.

Q. So about a year, one year?

NADIA PETROVA: Something like this, yes.