Titles by country (players with WTA ranking in singles), since Monday 7 Mar 2011 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #1
country flag requiem

requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of
Titles by country (players with WTA ranking in singles), since Monday 7 Mar 2011

Titles by country (players with WTA ranking in singles)

since Wimbledon 2012

1. Russia: 88 (Sharapova 27, Kuznetsova 13, Zvonareva 12, Petrova 11, Chakvetadze 8, Kirilenko 5, Bovina 3, Pavlyuchenkova 3, Kleybanova 2, Shvedova 1, Dushevina 1, Makarova 1, Kudryavtseva1)
1. (2) USA: 88 (V Williams 43, S Williams 42, Craybas 1, King 1, Oudin 1)

3. Belgium: 44 (Clijsters 41, Wickmayer 3)

4. Serbia: 28 (Janković 12, Ivanović 11, Dokić 5)

5. Italy: 25 (Pennetta 9, Vinci 6, Errani 5, Schiavone 5)

6. Spain: 18 (Medina Garrigues 11, Martinez Sanchez 5, Llagostera Vives 2, Dominguez Lino 2)
6. (8) Denmark: 18 (Wozniacki 18)

8. (7) France: 17 (Bartoli 7, Rezai 4, Razzano 2, Parmentier 2, Cornet 2)

9. (10) Czech Republic: 16 (Kvitova 7, Safarova 4, Zakopalova 2, Benesova 2, Zahlavova Strycova 1)

10. (16) Belarus: 12 (Azarenka 12)
10. (16) Germany: 12 (Lisicki 3, Kerber 2, Petković 2, Goerges 2, Groenefeld 1, Arn 1, Barthel 1)

12. (20) Poland: 10 (Radwanska 10)

13. (12) China: 9 (Li 5, Zheng 4)

14. (12) Japan: 8 (Date Krumm 8)
14. (15) Slovakia: 8 (Hantuchova 5, Rybarikova 2, Cibulkova 1)

16. (11) Australia: 6 (Stosur 3, Gajdosova 2, Dokić 1)

17. (16) Greece: 5 (Daniilidou 5)
17. (16) Israel: 5 (Peer 5)

19. (20) Thailand: 4 (Tanasugarn 4)
19. (20) Argentina: 4 (Dulko 4)
19. (25) Netherlands: 4 (Krajicek 3, Bertens 1)

22. (14) Hungary: 3 (Czink 1, Arn 1, Babos 1)
22. (20) Austria: 3 (Paszek 3)
22. (25) Ukrania: 3 (A Bondarenko 2, K Bondarenko 1)
22. (25) Romania: 3 (Dulgheru 2, Cirstea 1)
22. (25) Luxembourg: 3 (Kremer 2, Schaul 1)
22. (30) Estonia: 3 (Kanepi 3)

28. (29) Croatia: 2 (Lučić 2)
28. (30) Sweden: 2 (Arvidsson 2)

30. (9) Switzerland: 1 (Bacsinszky 1)
30. (20) Slovenia: 1 (Hercog 1)
30. India: 1 (Mirza 1)
30. Canada: 1 (Wozniak 1)
30. Colombia: 1 (Duque Marino 1)
30. Latvia: 1 (Sevastova 1)
30. (-) Kazakhstan: 1 (Pervak 1)
30. (-) South Africa: 1 (Scheepers 1)
30. (-) Chinese Taipei: 1 (Hsieh 1)

Arn has 1 title for Germany, and 1 for Hungary.
Dokić has 5 titles for Serbia, and 1 for Australia.

This update was done after long time, so I decided to put in brackets previous rankings, if different, with "-" denoting no ranking previously. I might have missed players that previously did not have any titles, and are ranked below 100.

Last edited by requiem : Jul 10th, 2012 at 12:20 PM.
requiem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #2
country flag requiem

requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of requiem has much to be proud of
Re: Titles by country (players with WTA ranking in singles)

New season starts, and new updates. Still, the following from last year stays true "Originaly this list was created by Eugenia, so credits to Eugenia". And again yes, I'll try to update every week. Should you notice any mistakes, please do tell.

*Just a note Arn is with the Germans, cause as far as I'm aware she won the title whilst under German flag. This is also true for Shvedova, who won her title under Russian flag, but if she should win any more, it would go to Kazahstan.

Last edited by requiem : Jan 14th, 2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #3
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

smashnova is retired.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM   #4
country flag requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonami Slam View Post
smashnova is retired.
Please read the title: players with WTA ranking in singles. Her ranking is 981, which means she's on the list. She may not play anymore, but she hasn't officialy sent papers to the WTA that she's retired, so she has ranking.

I must not remove players like her, cause than it could create confusion on who should or shouldn't be listed.

My criteria is, if you have WTA rating in singles, and of course you won title, you are on the list.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM   #5
country flag bavaria86

bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute bavaria86 has a reputation beyond repute

Arn plays for Hungary now but when she won in Estoril she played for Germany So

Sabina Sharipova - Nigina Abduraimova

Vika-Carla-Mariajo-Sabine-Julia-Andrea-Marina-Tamira-Virginie
bavaria86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #6
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

If you don't mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem View Post
Tier II and above titles by country (players with WTA ranking in singles)

As of May 5, 2008

1. USA: 103 (Davenport 42, V Williams 30, S Williams 31)

2. Belgium: 37 (Henin 37)

2. Russia: 37 (Sharapova 13, Petrova 7, Dementieva 6, Kuznetsova 5, Chakvetadze 3, Bovina 1, Kirilenko 1, Safina 1)

4. France: 24 (Mauresmo 23, Golovin 1)

5. Serbia: 10 (Ivanovic 5, Dokic 3, Janković 2)

6. Slovakia: 3 (Hantuchova 3)

7. Australia: 2 (Molik 2)
7. Japan: 2 (Sugiyama 2)
7. Switzerland: 2 (Schnyder 2)

10. Hungary: 1 (Szavay 1)
10. Ukraine: 1 (A Bondarenko 1)
Grand Slam Cups won by Venus in 1998 and Serena in 1999 included.

Last edited by AnnaK_4ever : May 5th, 2008 at 04:23 PM.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 10:34 PM   #7
country flag Shonami Slam

Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute Shonami Slam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Please read the title: players with WTA ranking in singles. Her ranking is 981, which means she's on the list. She may not play anymore, but she hasn't officialy sent papers to the WTA that she's retired, so she has ranking.

I must not remove players like her, cause than it could create confusion on who should or shouldn't be listed.

My criteria is, if you have WTA rating in singles, and of course you won title, you are on the list.
K.
if you have nothing important to say, please do so in non-tennis forum. if you have something you think is important, but is actually rubbish regarding anything other than tennis - please do so in the non-tennis forum. if you have something tennis related to say, but it's actually "OMG, X player is so h0t!1" or "who has the biggest boobs on the wtatour" please do so in menstennisforum, under "wta forum". if you have something important, tennis-related and interesting to say please do so. No one in the world can understand how much tennis means to someone, except another fan.
Shonami Slam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #8
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Nice list but 2 minor gripes...

If you're going to base your list on the rankings you should do it by entry ranking, not the race ranking as this only determines who qualifies for the YEC. Brandi and Smashnova are the only players on your removal list that have officially retired.

Also I think it would be more accurate if you include retired players as well. For example, Great Britain have been overlooked and they won almost 100 titles.

"I'm not used to sub-text, but I do feel dismissed."
watchdogfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 05:00 PM   #9
country flag requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogfish View Post
Nice list but 2 minor gripes...

If you're going to base your list on the rankings you should do it by entry ranking, not the race ranking as this only determines who qualifies for the YEC. Brandi and Smashnova are the only players on your removal list that have officially retired.
It is based on WTA ranking and not on race ranking. Reason I mentioned race rankings is that those players may be removed from the list this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchdogfish View Post
Also I think it would be more accurate if you include retired players as well. For example, Great Britain have been overlooked and they won almost 100 titles.
That would need to much research, which I'm not prepared to do. And it would be prone to mistakes. And also imagine for instance Seleš. How many titles did she win under Yugoslavian flag and how many under American. And today, should I put her under Serbia or put non-existing country of Yugoslavia. And I'm sure that there are more examples but for me she's most notable one. NO, this is current list not a historical one.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #10
country flag watchdogfish
Vide cor meum

watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute watchdogfish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It is based on WTA ranking and not on race ranking. Reason I mentioned race rankings is that those players may be removed from the list this year.

That would need to much research, which I'm not prepared to do. And it would be prone to mistakes. And also imagine for instance Seleš. How many titles did she win under Yugoslavian flag and how many under American. And today, should I put her under Serbia or put non-existing country of Yugoslavia. And I'm sure that there are more examples but for me she's most notable one. NO, this is current list not a historical one.
That's fair enough, for the players who've changed nationality you'd need to know exactly when they did so. Also, like you said, even countries have changed over the years!

Thanks for the list. It's interesting to see how many countries are represented, certainly more than I imagined!

"I'm not used to sub-text, but I do feel dismissed."
watchdogfish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #11
country flag requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavaria86 View Post
Arn plays for Hungary now but when she won in Estoril she played for Germany So
Thats what I thought, so Estoril is for Germany, but in the future if she wins another, that one will go to Hungary.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #12
country flag requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
If you don't mind...
Of course I don't mind
Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM   #13
country flag requiem

Updated
Old Mar 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #14
country flag Renalicious
Queen Cockroach

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

Lol @ Belgium being #3 with Henin alone.
makarova, diatchenko, keys, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM   #15
country flag requiem

Updated. Myskina and Smashnova are no longer on the list so Russia has 10 titles less whilst keeping second place, and Israel has 12 titles less, and went down to 18th place

Last edited by requiem : Apr 9th, 2008 at 05:40 PM.