Sally Peers - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 24.39%
Top 100 16 39.02%
Top 200 12 29.27%
Top 400 3 7.32%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Oct 1st, 2007, 10:37 PM   #1
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute
Sally Peers

Sally Peers is an exciting new talent from Melbourne, Victoria. At the age of 16, Peers has already won 2 ITF Junior Girls Singles Titles, 5 ITF Junior Girls Doubles Titles, represented Australia in the 2005 World Junior Tennis Competition, 2005 Maureen Connolly Brinker Cup and, of course, the victorious 2007 Junior Fed Cup event.

Throughout this season, Sally has also reached the singles final at the Air Pacific Oceania Closed (beating Tyra Calderwood, 6-1, 6-2 in the semi finals) and the quarter finals of a Grade 1 ITF Junior tournament in Malaysia (where she beat top 20 junior, Kai-Chen Chang). She also qualified for Junior Wimbledon and has a WTA Ranking.

D.O.B: 01/06/1991
Plays: Right Handed (double handed backhand)
Favourite Surfaces: Hard and Grass
Age Started Tennis: 6

Current WTA Ranking: 1242 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Career High WTA Ranking: 1242 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Current ITF Junior Ranking: 76 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Career High ITF Junior Ranking: 76 (Mon Oct 1, 2007)
Advertisement

Old Oct 2nd, 2007, 06:39 PM   #2
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sally Peers

What really amazes me is her official height/weight in the ITF site: 1,55cm & 40 kg
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #3
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Sally is a smaller version of Camille Pin. Shes tiny, and has nothing off the ground. The matches I've seen her play, she just waits for her opponents errors. She really needs to beef the serve up to be able to have a meaningful career in the pros. But good luck to her, shes cute as a button!
Old Oct 8th, 2007, 08:58 AM   #4
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanova View Post
Sally is a smaller version of Camille Pin. Shes tiny, and has nothing off the ground. The matches I've seen her play, she just waits for her opponents errors. She really needs to beef the serve up to be able to have a meaningful career in the pros. But good luck to her, shes cute as a button!
lol i hate those sorts of players... but yeah, hopefully she gets some muscle involved then so she can take charge in points
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 09:11 PM   #5
country flag OZTENNIS

OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute OZTENNIS has a reputation beyond repute

Victorian AMT - Seeded 5

1st Rd: Bye
2nd Rd: defeated H. Sheahan (QLD) 6-2 6-1
3rd Rd: defeated S. MacFarlane (VIC) 6-2 6-3
Q/F: defeated (4) C. West (VIC) 6-2 6-3
S/F: defeated (7) A. Wishink (TAS) W/O ill
F: defeated (6) A. Brown (NT) 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3

----------------------
Pretty tough draw, but well done on a great win
Old Oct 21st, 2007, 09:12 PM   #6
country flag OZTENNIS

She's now playing in the Traralgon 25k, she got a wildcard into the main draw. Will be very interesting to see how she goes
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 12:15 AM   #7
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Go on Sally! Win a few matches here. I am really hoping someone comes through good over these Aust satellites. Monique and Sophie are obviously doing really well but I would like to see a bolter do some damage. Hopefully Sally might be the one.
scottsue is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2007, 08:34 PM   #8
country flag OZTENNIS

Sally has to play Japan's Erika Sema in the first round. This is an interesting matchup, and I think that it could go either way. Hopefully it goes Sally's way

GOOD LUCK
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 01:11 AM   #9
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Be great for Sally to score a win here. Sally is certainly match tough.
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 02:07 AM   #10
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

dont get to ahead of yourselves, sema is a seasoned pro. i see no reason why sally wont lose convincingly.

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:48 AM   #11
country flag OZTENNIS

Mr Molik was right!

Erika Sema (JPN) defeated (WC) Sally Peers (AUS) 6-4 6-2
Old Oct 23rd, 2007, 06:51 AM   #12
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute Mr_Molik has a reputation beyond repute

good effort though, better than i expected

Sophie Ferguson ~ Casey Dellacqua ~ Samantha Stosur ~ Jessica Moore ~ Christina Wheeler ~ Monique Adamczak ~
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 02:48 AM   #13
country flag OZTENNIS

Bump!

Sally's been given another wildcard (ahead of Isabella ) into the main draw of Port Pirie this coming week...

Here's hoping she can win a match and jump up the rankings
Old Nov 1st, 2007, 10:20 AM   #14
country flag scottsue

Strange that.
Old Nov 6th, 2007, 09:16 PM   #15
country flag Droolv
*shy

Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute Droolv has a reputation beyond repute

(WC) Sally Peers (AUS) def (WC) Tyra Calderwood (AUS) 6-7 (4) 6-2 6-3

Great win Sally

Bad luck Tyra
Droolv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote