Flavia's ranking - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 9th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #76
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold
Re: Flavia's ranking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
Flavia improved by 9 positions . Now Paris will drop off. Does anyone know what her 17th tournament is? I think it is Dubai. Would be an interesting constellation before Doha.
I'm pretty sure it is Dubai.
chmath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 9th, 2011, 06:37 PM   #77
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Dubai or Montreal - both are 125 points.
So she loses 75 points by not playing this week.
Next week Dubai comes off, and if she doesn't defend her 3rd round there, it will be replaced by 120 points from Sydney, so that's not too bad.

Zamboni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2011, 06:39 PM   #78
country flag chmath

chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold chmath is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
Dubai or Montreal - both are 125 points.
So she loses 75 points by not playing this week.
Next week Dubai comes off, and if she doesn't defend her 3rd round there, it will be replaced by 120 points from Sydney, so that's not too bad.
I just joined the site, and was trying to do the sums, Zamboni you do a brilliant job with the forum, thx a million for your brilliant efforts.
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #79
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmath View Post
I just joined the site, and was trying to do the sums, Zamboni you do a brilliant job with the forum, thx a million for your brilliant efforts.
Zamboni is like the goddess of all Flavietta fans.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 03:30 PM   #80
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute Zamboni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Zamboni is like the goddess of all Flavietta fans.
*blushes*

Updated the first post

Old Feb 14th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #81
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Flavia would be back to top 15/10 if she just stops sucking at Miami, IW and Madrid

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM   #82
country flag chmath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni View Post
*blushes*

Updated the first post
Brilliant job. And well deserved accolades too!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 11:38 AM   #83
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

after my calculation it is pretty sure that Flavia will finish the season at #20. Hantuchova and Vinci shouldn't win Bali...
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 07:51 AM   #84
country flag peanuts

peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute peanuts has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiwa View Post
after my calculation it is pretty sure that Flavia will finish the season at #20. Hantuchova and Vinci shouldn't win Bali...
Thanks Willy. A Top 20 finish, after having the injury for a large part of the season, is a pretty good finish methinks.
peanuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 11:35 AM   #85
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all

This year she has an excuse

Yes indeed it is not so bad, plus YEC in doubles.
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 12:53 PM   #86
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

i don't want to build up expectations though she is top 20 with 5 results (Dubai+US Open + Beijing + AO + Wimbly) but those are hard to defend

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 03:37 PM   #87
country flag wiwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaWTAsaver View Post
i don't want to build up expectations though she is top 20 with 5 results (Dubai+US Open + Beijing + AO + Wimbly) but those are hard to defend
Let's keep to what is real by now. She also got points at Sydney, Doha and finally Palermo. As of this season, she isn't a MM queen anymore.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #88
country flag wiwa

finished 2011 as top 20
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:05 PM   #89
country flag chmath

This may be, and probably is, highly irrelevant, but for the first time in a year or so - just on a whim - I went through the WTA top 100 list. Man, is it SCARYYYYYY. What is happening to women's tennis????

My very own Lena Daniilidou is officially ranked higher than Venus Williams, Johanna Larsson and Greta Arn....@ no. 67 and @ 30 years old. Okkkk......I'm totally happy for her, but it does show that there's very little coming through.

Alize Cornet, former wonder-woman etc. etc., best thing ever in the Juniors bla bla bla has just made it to 100, from 107. NOT good.

The list also contains people I've never heard of. Although there's nothing new there, really, WHO IS Jamie Hampton? And how on earth can she be ranked higher than Arantxa Rus, who got to a major R3 at RG last year? Also, how is it that Mattek-Sands is ranked lower than Mandy Minella? and whoever Jamie Hampton is?? I mean, since when is Mandy Minella a top 100 tennis player???

Even in MM tournaments, I've never seen some of these people on the list. So, what are they doing to get points??? Baffles me...

Also, major injustice, I know she's carrying her QF points from the USO, but Sara should be ranked higher than Flavia at the minute...
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 07:37 AM   #90
country flag Zamboni
Vamorza!

Chris, you just need to follow tennis more

Eleni has been doing well in smaller WTA tournaments and bigger challengers, especially last fall.
Alize Cornet has been in a HUUUUGE, yearslong slump which she is only now breaking out.
Jampie Hampton is having a good year, she made quite a run at Indian Wells, which of course really helps.
Arantxa Rus has sucked for ages now, her RG 3rd round is pretty much all she has (oh hey, sounds familiar, Gise?)
Mattek has been injured and hasn't played for a long time.
Minella has been getting some good results as well.

Flavia and Sara both have GS qf points, but Flavia simply has more "other" results.
Flavia's mandatory results: 1285 points
Sara's mandatory results: 800
Flavia's other results on her ranking: 870
Sara's other results on her ranking: 1100

It's mostly her SF in Beijing that saves Flavia there

I do agree with you that there's very little coming through. Or at least, there are no spectacular breakthroughs, players grow gradually and by the time they are, say, top20, it feels like they have been around forever.