I must say, I am a bit concerned with Amelie Mauresmo - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #1
country flag aguy9797

aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of aguy9797 has much to be proud of
I must say, I am a bit concerned with Amelie Mauresmo

I took her a really loooong time to get to the No 1 a couple of sessons ago.( she was, what 26??)I am afraid she will have a hard time collecting herself, and overcoming this horrible start of the sesson. Do you people think she will be back? I have my doubts.
aguy9797 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #2
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I must say, I am a bit concerned with Amelie Mauresmo

She has the game and the talent to go back where she belongs, top 3, but her main problem is mental... I´m not a bit concerned, i´m HUGE concerned....

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Golden Flowers - Stosur - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #3
country flag Venus+Serena#1fan

Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold Venus+Serena#1fan is a splendid one to behold

I don't think Mauresmo is top 3 material but she can certainly get back to a higher level.

She is a great athlete with a stylish game but despite her variety and ability, I don't see her beating the very elite players if they are at their best.

Venus, Serena, Justine, Ivanovic, Kuznetsova and others IMO can def take her out and overpower her if they play well.
It will be interesting to see how she does the rest of the year she really is talented and a nice person.
Venus+Serena#1fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:05 PM   #4
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute

I want to see her move back up, but I think its getting more and more unlikely. It might just be she is taking a bit longer to find her game (perhaps because of her age) but one great tourny could do her the world of good and get her confidence back up again.

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #5
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

I think she can get back to top 10 for sure. She needs to maybe find her love for the game again-seems like she's put too much pressure on herself. But in the end, very few players ever reach that #1 spot, so that is an amazing achievment that she should be proud of.

Please, don't be so hard on yourself, Amelie, you are a great talent and seem like a very nice women, too! Give yourself a break!

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM   #6
country flag markdelaney

markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future markdelaney has a brilliant future

Amelie was only a top 5 player who would get to a semi final of a slam at best. 2006 she got lucky with all the top players injured or off form and achieved world number 1 and 2 slams, so I guess her motivation and ambition just can't get her back up to the top 5 now. I wish her luck
markdelaney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:09 PM   #7
country flag The Daviator

The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute The Daviator has a reputation beyond repute

She took a break after Wimbledon, and she's just not been the same since she's returned, she played a brilliant match against Henin at Eastbourne, but that's the last time she played like normal Momo, I don't know why her confidence is so low, you'd think after winning the Slams she'd get better in that department not worse
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:13 PM   #8
country flag Young 8

Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute Young 8 has a reputation beyond repute

when you lose against some garbage like Tanusagarn....you should think to retire from tennis........
Young 8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #9
VishaalMaria

VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute VishaalMaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdelaney View Post
Amelie was only a top 5 player who would get to a semi final of a slam at best. 2006 she got lucky with all the top players injured or off form and achieved world number 1 and 2 slams, so I guess her motivation and ambition just can't get her back up to the top 5 now. I wish her luck

The Australian Open is at the start of the year. Players should feel refreshed ,extra motivated to win the first slam of the year, and be healthy. It's not Mauresmo's fault that three of her opponents weren't healthy. What was she supposed to do? Tell the tournament organisers to get her healthy opponents? As for Wimbledon, Amelie beat a fully healthy Justine in the finals. Justine came off winning Roland Garros and had all the confidence in the world whereas Amelie lost to Vaidisova in front of her home crowd. Amelie won both slams fair and square and truly deserved that number one spot because she was the best at that time.

I find it so pathetic that people can't see that. And I'm not even an Amelie Mauresmo fan.

As for her current form right now, she'll do her best when the times right. She's getting match practice and is trying to find her form. Give her time.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM   #10
country flag frenchie

frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute frenchie has a reputation beyond repute

She's currently playing like shit! That's the problem for her...

Her game right now is running from side to side, hitting moonballs, and making DFs!
Her FH

Radwanska - S. Williams - V. Williams - Kerber
frenchie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:46 PM   #11
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute Ben. has a reputation beyond repute

ever since I saw her play at the GC & at the AO she's been playing too much defensive style tennis which I think may be her downfall. but then again she's not to confident at the moment to play with agression & it's just a matter of winning matches again & hopefully these losses will teach her something.

I really want amelie to comeback at her best.
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM   #12
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she ever got lucky, I think she was unlucky most of her career, actually. That WB final she played was brilliant, no luck and no chokes.

My thoughts for what they're worth is that she's done everything in tennis she ever wanted, perhaps exceeded them, and she's not into it anymore and she's someone who can't play like a robot, she has to have something driving her, and it's no longer there.
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:17 PM   #13
country flag Kworb
Most Loved Member

Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute Kworb has a reputation beyond repute

Mauresmo wasn't "lucky" to win her Slams. She is a superb player when she plays her best, I'd rank her in the top 20 greatest players of the Open Era. Unfortunately she hasn't been able to find her game lately.

SERENA WILLIAMS 64 75 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 61 57 60
LAUREN DAVIS 60 76 CAMILA GIORGI 46 63 75 BOJANA JOVANOVSKI 63 36 75
VENUS WILLIAMS 64 76 AGNIESZKA RADWANSKA 62 62
Kworb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM   #14
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Lawson View Post
she's someone who can't play like a robot
I'm not sure such a player ever existed though.

Lots of players go through a period where they lack motivation. Some get the hunger back, some don't. She just needs to figure it out. My opinion is that a few more ass-kickings will piss her off and fire her up.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #15
country flag bwahahahahaha

bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold bwahahahahaha is a splendid one to behold

Only 'a bit'?
bwahahahahaha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote