Sun will shine for Marion in the Middle East! - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #16
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sun will shine for Marion in the Middle East!

I don't really like this draw ... Francesca on a good day can be pretty dangerous & she has the advantage of having won their last meeting ... Yet Marion has chances to reach QF ; the only thing that we can't know is her state of confidence. This time she won't have the support of the crowd like in Paris .
We'll see. It's not the toughest draw possible at least & she will still have good matches under her belt to meet Justine.

Allez Marion .

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

http://kristinamladenovic.blogspot.com/
Iceland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 24th, 2008, 08:43 PM   #17
country flag Schnyderfreak

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

ALLEEZZ MARION!!Good luck in Dubai starting against Francesca!
A difficult opponent can be good sometimes cuz you know you have to be sharp and show your best game to beat her.keep believing in your game Marion you have the weapons to make anyone's life difficult but you have to fight now to get back into your good form again.

True follower of
Vera Zvonareva Jelena Jankovic Marion Bartoli

Official Fysio/blister patcher of the DONT KNOCK THE DOK!!

Jelena Dokic She's back!!!!
Schnyderfreak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM   #18
country flag Super_Marion

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

well said schnyderfreak
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #19
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

In fact,this is one of the deepest NON-Slam draws that I can recall as evidenced by Top 20 Radwanska being forced to enter through qualifying(of course,there WERE some MD wildcards who were lower-ranked than 'Aggie').As I type this,your favorite gal is doing battle with Elena D.---IN THE 1st ROUND!! Now THAT'S a sign of a deep,talented field.If Marion can advance far in THIS tournament,then this would indicate that she's snapped out of her early-season doldrums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnyderfreak View Post
ALLEEZZ MARION!!Good luck in Dubai starting against Francesca!
A difficult opponent can be good sometimes cuz you know you have to be sharp and show your best game to beat her.keep believing in your game Marion you have the weapons to make anyone's life difficult but you have to fight now to get back into your good form again.
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM   #20
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute Iceland has a reputation beyond repute

Marion plays in 2nd position in Court1. It's sad to see that she has never the favours of Center Court! I hope I can be back on time for this match ... I hate to discover the result!
Allez!

Supporting Marion Bartoli - Aga Radwańska - Aravane Rezaï - Laura Robson - Caroline Garcia !!!

Old Feb 25th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #21

Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of Schnyderfreak has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
In fact,this is one of the deepest NON-Slam draws that I can recall as evidenced by Top 20 Radwanska being forced to enter through qualifying(of course,there WERE some MD wildcards who were lower-ranked than 'Aggie').As I type this,your favorite gal is doing battle with Elena D.---IN THE 1st ROUND!! Now THAT'S a sign of a deep,talented field.If Marion can advance far in THIS tournament,then this would indicate that she's snapped out of her early-season doldrums.
Yes I agree this is a very remarkable draw indeed. What about some possible 2nd round ties like Ivanovic vs. Vaidisova, Henin vs Petrova(what a slump this year), Safina vs.Chakvetadze, Sharapova vs.Mauresmo and Kuznetsova vs.Li.These surely sound like QF's or SF's to me.
To get far in this tournament she must beat Schiavone, Bammer and then she faces Henin..........in the QF.the first two matches are good tests for her to see where she stands.Confidencewise she can sure use a QF and a set off Henin to get her back on track.
Now let's take it one match at a time starting tommorow at court 1 against Francesca.good test for your serving returns and passing shots against a serve and volley minded player.
AAALLLEEEEEZZZ MARION!!!

PS: Hi Supermarion it's been a while

True follower of

Last edited by Schnyderfreak : Feb 25th, 2008 at 06:59 PM. Reason: wasn't finished
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 07:29 PM   #22

Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold Super_Marion is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Hi Supermarion it's been a while
Too long!
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #23

Marion lost to Janko and Justine in May/June. Then Marion defeated both of them within a month. That's Marion. She can do the same with Franny too. I hope so.

Hit her with your superbé returns. Cummon. Yeah.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #24
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Of course the ladies need to rest now and then,but the WTA should try to offer incentives for gathering these types of fields as often as plausible.Tennis is one of the few sports where the women's game is more loved than the men's,and there's an almost palapable excitement when you can assemble the high-performing,sometimes-high-profile queens outside of a Slam event.I think that it increases the already-high level of interest in the Tour.

Marion is 0-2 vs. Schiavone but I don't suspect that she would have any mental block to beating Francesca.Henin may have had her confidence shaken slightly by the ass-whupping that Sharapova gave her.Justine still won in Antwerp yet her overall play has been spotty...we'll see how it all unfolds.
Quote:
Yes I agree this is a very remarkable draw indeed. What about some possible 2nd round ties like Ivanovic vs. Vaidisova, Henin vs Petrova(what a slump this year), Safina vs.Chakvetadze, Sharapova vs.Mauresmo and Kuznetsova vs.Li.These surely sound like QF's or SF's to me.
To get far in this tournament she must beat Schiavone, Bammer and then she faces Henin..........in the QF.the first two matches are good tests for her to see where she stands.Confidencewise she can sure use a QF and a set off Henin to get her back on track.
Now let's take it one match at a time starting tommorow at court 1 against Francesca.good test for your serving returns and passing shots against a serve and volley minded player.
AAALLLEEEEEZZZ MARION!!!

PS: Hi Supermarion it's been a while
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 02:05 PM   #25
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Poor Marion. She looked sickly playing Schiavone. Did she look like that in the Wozniacki match before, because I didn't see it. She must still have the stomach bug? I mean, Marion often looks quite tired during her matches, even though she's OK... but today she looked really run down.

I worry about her sometimes, because she seems determined to play every tournament, and finish every match, no matter what. She probably should have waited a bit longer before playing again.
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM   #26
country flag Iceland
From island to island

Such matches show how low on confidence she is at the moment . I have to say that I can't stand the fact that for the second time this year, she is getting thrashed in the third set . I'm repeating myself but for me it's due to bad fitness, she was certainly too tired to play at the same level as in the second set.

She will have two weeks to prepare herself for Indian Wells. First time this year that she will have points to defend. Hope she will do well . Keep fighting Marion!

Old Feb 26th, 2008, 05:28 PM   #27

Yes this is a real pity :crying:. She's totally out of form!!!Self confidence is also at its lowest now so she has a tough task. But when you're at this point she can only work hard after this dissappointment and then be sharp and fit at Indian Wells.
AAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ MARION!!

True follower of

Old Feb 26th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #28
country flag bruce goose

This might sound superficial but I don't give a shit:it's sort of annoying that Marion is now 0-3 vs. a player who had a LONG history of choking under pressure(excepting Fed Cup).With this latest drought I'm hoping that Marion will get some kind of stroke of good fortune--perhaps even in her personal realm--that will lift her spirits and bolster her back to her level.She'll get it back at some point,preferably sooner rather than later...Vamos Reina de Corsica!!
Quote:
Yes this is a real pity :crying:. She's totally out of form!!!Self confidence is also at its lowest now so she has a tough task. But when you're at this point she can only work hard after this dissappointment and then be sharp and fit at Indian Wells.
AAALLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZ MARION!!
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartoli's Boy View Post
Poor Marion. She looked sickly playing Schiavone. Did she look like that in the Wozniacki match before, because I didn't see it. She must still have the stomach bug? I mean, Marion often looks quite tired during her matches, even though she's OK... but today she looked really run down.

I worry about her sometimes, because she seems determined to play every tournament, and finish every match, no matter what. She probably should have waited a bit longer before playing again.
You're always so concerned for her Bartoli's Boy. That's sweet.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #30
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

I guess I'm just a worrier...
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote