Watch out for Petra Kvitova - Page 18 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 12:12 AM   #256
country flag BikezAreForever!

BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold BikezAreForever! is a splendid one to behold
Re: Watch out for Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
GM GM GM GM
this thread will die here
I hope they will move it back. I do not think it will die here but it is a legendary thread for sure.

I personally petition for moving it back to GM if PK wins another Slam. Considering that I am hoping for another one next year, it may not be far away!!
BikezAreForever! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:22 PM   #257
country flag MB.

MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute MB. has a reputation beyond repute

Move back to GM.

As the youngest Slam winner since 2008 and the current holder of Wimbledon (and huge prospect), this deserves a place in GM (seeing as how slamless Caroline can get about 5-10 threads in GM a week, Petra deserves at least one in there).
MB. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 02:07 AM   #258
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

I just watched the old Wimbledon 2010 QF, Kvitova v. Kanepi. (Kaia just made finals of Moscow, and that reminded me of this match.)

I am amazed that Kvitova won that match. She was down a break for most of the third set. Then Kanepi earned a match point on Petra's serve at 5-6, 30-40. Petra missed her first serve. Then the second serve clipped the tape and fell in the box for a let. Then on the third serve, Kanepi hit a pretty good-looking return that was long by maybe an inch.

In none of this did Petra exhibit any nerves. As you know, she went on to win the set and match, 8-6 in the third, serving it out to love.

Last edited by mac47 : Oct 23rd, 2011 at 02:18 AM.
mac47 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 06:04 AM   #259
country flag Temperenka
V-I-K-A

Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute Temperenka has a reputation beyond repute

Credit to the OP for recognizing Petra's talent so early in her career.

Also to iPatty who is a great scout of talent. Didn't you used to have a thread that assessed the up-and-comers? I miss that thread.
Old Oct 29th, 2011, 08:33 PM   #260
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temperenka View Post
Credit to the OP for recognizing Petra's talent so early in her career.
thank you

I hope someone puts it back to GM when she wins the final tomorrow
Or at least when she becomes no.1
davidmario is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 10:55 AM   #261
country flag flyingmachine

flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute flyingmachine has a reputation beyond repute

If you got a facebook account. Please vote for Kvitova.
http://www.facebook.com/WTA?sk=app_170515616368776

Smells like Kvitova spirit

Allez Forever!

Amelie Mauresmo: Wimbledon Champion 2006
flyingmachine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #262
country flag Markus

Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of

A well deserved BUMP. Should be bumped at least one more time in case Petra is getting the No.1 spot!
Too bad that this thread is no longer in GM:-(
Markus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #263
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
thank you

I hope someone puts it back to GM when she wins the final tomorrow
Or at least when she becomes no.1
Still a Savant I see David Mario.

And by the way, Petra is only 115 pts behind Caro now.

Too bad Vera couldn't finish the job!!

But it gives Petra something to shoot for in 2012 (and keeps her the hunter and not the hunted).
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #264
country flag MHingisfan

MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice MHingisfan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingmachine View Post
If you got a facebook account. Please vote for Kvitova.
http://www.facebook.com/WTA?sk=app_170515616368776
Where
Old Jan 6th, 2012, 05:49 PM   #265
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

It was Fed cup Heart award or something
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 07:11 AM   #266
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jan 11th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #267
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Is there a Kaia thread
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #268
country flag Renalicious
goatra

Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute Renalicious has a reputation beyond repute

move this back to gm .

Amazing from the OP to recognize kvitty's talent.
I was also quite right when i said top 30 by 2009 and that her game would develop.

serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 05:29 AM   #269
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
move this back to gm .

Amazing from the OP to recognize kvitty's talent.
I was also quite right when i said top 30 by 2009 and that her game would develop.

nerves of steel again during fedcup
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 01:27 PM   #270
country flag PetraReeMona

PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute PetraReeMona has a reputation beyond repute

Exceptional talent spotting David Mario

@ some of the posts in this thread regarding Petra's future and ranking ... remind me not to read what they write/say regarding future tennis players or anything to do with tennis for that fact

I can't remember when I first saw her and fell in love with her and her game, but it was either Wimby 2010 or USO when she beat Safina .... whatever came first
PetraReeMona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote