Ajmo Ana Savic! - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2008, 07:39 PM   #61
country flag roxi

roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future roxi has a brilliant future
Re: Ajmo Ana Savic!

Great win!!! Good luck tomorrow !!!
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:02 PM   #62
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

ana
i think i'll be cheering for her tomorrow. jelena's given a lot to our fed cup team and she's had a good run as a pro, but i think her time is up. ana is one of our future hopes
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #63
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

On the week of 23rd she was supposed to play a 25k in Italy but she withdrew from that one and applied for the one in Sweden where she's 9th alt at the moment, so with a good chance of entering MD directly. After that she'll play Zagreb 75k.
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #64
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

It seems that Ana plays better and better after she split up with Iva Majoli....
Good for Ana, she needed some coach who is going to be with her every day...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 07:18 AM   #65
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina_Sprem View Post
It seems that Ana plays better and better after she split up with Iva Majoli....
Good for Ana, she needed some coach who is going to be with her every day...
I didn't even know they've been working together (shame on me, I know)...

Anyway, I'm a sucker for underdogs so I'll cheer for Ana today also. And she's from Slavonija (part of Croatia) same as me, so there's another reason

Jele will have experience on her side, but Ana'll have the fact that she knows Jele's game better than she knows Ana's so it'll be interesting.

With her 1st round win Ana is somewhere around #385 in the rankings (passed Ivana Abramovic), and if she beats Jelena she'll be around #360 (passing Martic, being just 5 points behind Sprem, 8 behind Lisjak and 13 behind Marija Abramovic). Her tactics of not playing too much, but playing quality stuff seems to be paying off. I must admit I was a bit sceptical about her form after 6 weeks of rest following tournaments in Japan.

Good luck Ana!
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #66
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

As far as I know Iva was coaching Ana few years ago (2 y.a.), but not as a full time coach...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #67
country flag ma re

Unfortunately,

Jelena KOSTANIC TOSIC (CRO) (6) defeated Ana SAVIC (CRO) 7-6(7) 6-4

Still a very nice tournament for Ana, hope she'll get better playing next events, and with her ranking some 50 places higher than today it'll be much easier to choose tournaments and advance even further.

Looking forward to her next event
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 07:37 AM   #68
country flag ma re

She pulled out of Kristienhamn 25k

So nothing till Zagreb...
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 01:24 PM   #69
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

it was bad draw for Ana on the end cause Jelena passed all other really easy..Keep going, Ana!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #70
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

The rankings for the week of June 16 just came out and Ana had a nice jump: from 431 to 389. That's her first time inside the top 400!

What's even better is that she only has six points to defend the rest of the year, all in December, so she's sure to move much higher.

Go, Ana!!!
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM   #71
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana is on the entry list for next week's $25K in Poland. She's third on the qualifying list so hopefully she'll get into the MD.

Ana is not defending any points until December so this is a good opportunity (she'll have many over the next few months) for her to reach a new career-high ranking.

Good luck, Ana!
Old Jun 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM   #72
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Ana is on the entry list for next week's $25K in Poland. She's third on the qualifying list so hopefully she'll get into the MD.

Ana is not defending any points until December so this is a good opportunity (she'll have many over the next few months) for her to reach a new career-high ranking.

Good luck, Ana!
She's still 3rd in qualies, but there are enough girls with other 1st priorities so she should get into MD. It'll be interesting to see her in action again (well not really see HER, but her scores).
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:44 PM   #73
country flag networthy

The bad news is that Ana just barely missed the MD . The good news is that she's the #1 seed .

She should be able to qualify. In the first round she got a bye. In the second round she plays an unranked 21-year old German, Tina Trautmann (never heard of her).
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #74
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Really bad luck for her. She will lost some energy but she will qualify cause she is in great form and I hope she will win this one. Ajmo!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #75
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

qualies shouldn't be a problem. just hope she makes them quick so she has enough energy for a run in the md