Ajmo Ana Savic! - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #196
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ajmo Ana Savic!

she got killed
that's what happens when you don't play for such a long time
Advertisement

Old Apr 5th, 2009, 07:30 AM   #197
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. She's practically playing only half of the season.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #198
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

In R1 of Hvar (10000$) she lost to Bona (#755), in 3 sets

Unfortunately, in few weeks she will lose 56 points (from Gifu and Fukoka last year) and will fall from current #290 to approximately #390...

I'm really sad because of her, she was in great form, and after this wired break, she lost it completely...
JURasic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #199
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JURasic View Post
Unfortunately, in few weeks she will lose 56 points (from Gifu and Fukoka last year) and will fall from current #290 to approximately #390...
...unless she defends them, for instance Gifu points in Makarska 50k which is played the same week.

Next week she has another chance to get to some form in 10k's before going to Makarska.
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM   #200
country flag ma re

I guess I was wrong - she got beaten in R1 by a qualifier

Hoping for a miracle next week.
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #201
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Ana's good luck with draws continues. In R1 in Makarska she plays Mirna Marinovic, an unranked fellow Croat who was given a WC.

Ana better start racking up the points very soon or she's going to be tumbling down the rankings...
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 11:28 AM   #202
country flag JURasic

JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light JURasic is a glorious beacon of light

She lost to Malek in QF 6:2 6:3 - not too bad considering her recent results. She picked up few points here, so her downfall should be "lighter"
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM   #203
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Ana doesn't have money to travel, she doesn't have sponsors and that's why she was playing only this Croatin futures and Makarska. BTW- looks like she didn't got WC for Zagreb.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM   #204
country flag JURasic

really sad...

Is Talaja still coaching her?
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:21 PM   #205
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JURasic View Post

really sad...

Is Talaja still coaching her?
occasionally
here you go - http://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Teni...3/Default.aspx
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:14 PM   #206
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec16 View Post
Ana doesn't have money to travel, she doesn't have sponsors and that's why she was playing only this Croatin futures and Makarska. BTW- looks like she didn't got WC for Zagreb.
That's terrible that Ana doesn't have money/sponsors and it's too bad that she didn't get a MD WC into Zagreb. I feel bad for her. However, why didn't she play Zagreb qualies? A bus ticket/lodging/food wouldn't be prohibitively expensive. She would have been seeded and could have picked up six points if she had qualified...
networthy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:27 PM   #207
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

that is terrible news...still don't understand why she couldn't play zg qualies...the draw is very weak
Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:03 AM   #208
country flag JURasic

Maybe she felt offended... I can understand that. I don't know who the 3rd wild card is, but for sure Ana deserved one, due to her financial problems and good results which she achieves when she has a chance to play. Miss Majoli and HTS

Really hope her situation get's better soon
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #209
country flag Jakub

Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute Jakub has a reputation beyond repute

what happened with Ana ?

I have seen her in Torun last year, she was definitely the most promising player i have seen that day !! such a great shots

anyone knows why she is not playing now ?

Monica Seles, Elena Dementieva, Kveta Hrdlickova, Karolina Woźniacki, Aiko Nakamura, Silvija Talaja , Darina Sedenkova
, Liga Dekmeijere, Margit Ruutel

Jakub is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #210
country flag ma re

In interviews that she gave this year, she said the reason were finances, cause she lacks sponsors so traveling expenses are pretty high, especially if you're out of form. She didn't say anything conclusive about whether or not she'll continue playing. I remember that she didn't play qualies of a challenger in our capital, cause she said she didn't have the money to travel - and that's not even THAT expensive, so there are obviously some big problems for her. She also didn't travel to the Czech Republic for Zlin challenger. She was also partially coached by Iva Majoli which probably wasn't cheap, so who knows if she can move on. Hope so.