NZ Championships (Residentials) - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #1
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute
NZ Championships (Residentials)

Entry list for the Residentials is out, and it's safe to say their are a couple of huge surprises.

The winner receives a WC into ASB Classic qualifying.

1 Sacha JONES WTA 231 DA
2 Emily FANNING WTA 1207 DA
3 Kairangi VANO 3410 DA
4 Tracey O'CONNOR 3405 DA
5 Leanne BAKER 3380 DA

6 Mikaela DAVIES 3030 DA
7 Heidi STEWART 2985 DA
8 Danielle FENERIDIS 2905 DA
9 Luci BARLOW 2885 DA
10 Libby SCOTT 2815 DA
11 Paige HOURIGAN 2790 DA
12 Davina MEZA CORDOVA 2760 DA
13 Louise OXNEVAD 2645 DA
14 Kate PARKER 2605 DA
15 Bridget LIDDELL 2585 DA
16 Carli DAVIS 2580 DA
17 Mia MIDDLETON 2570 DA
18 Sade ATKINSON 2565 DA
19 Tiffany WHEELOCK 2545 D

Prize money Breakdown:
Singles Winner $5,000.00
Singles Runner Up $2,000.00
Singles Losing Semi Finalist $450.00
Singles Losing Quarter Finalist $200.00
Doubles Winners (each receive) $300.00
Doubles Runners Up (each receive) $150.00

I almost had a heart attack when I saw Leanne's name on the list. She flew home to see family and play this. I have spoken to her and this is just for fun, and not the start of a come back. But... I am so keen to see how she matches up. Obviously Sacha should win here with out dropping a set. But with Kairangi, Leanne and Tracey O'Connor on this list, I will defo be going along for a watch.

Maybe if Leanne can do well here, she may consider coming back part time? For doubles at least?

This tournament is a throw back to 5 years ago.

Only Ellen Barry & Shona Lee are missing

Last edited by Mana : Dec 15th, 2011 at 06:38 PM.
Mana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Bluish

Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold Bluish is a splendid one to behold
Re: NZ Championships (Residentials)

No Erakovic?
Bluish is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #3
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

Whatever happened to Briar Preston and Leela Beattie? They both seemed quite promising there for a while. Will this result have any impact on WC choices for Auckland?

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM   #4
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluish View Post
No Erakovic?
Expected.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Leanne & Kairangi

Where has Kai been? she quit pro tennis?

Where is Di Hollands?
|
And all the other aussie girls
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #6
country flag Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Leanne & Kairangi

Where has Kai been? she quit pro tennis?

Where is Di Hollands?
Yeah, Kai has quit pro tennis. Barely plays anymore, shes at Uni. She has played a couple of the NZMT's last month, but she's been getting beaten by scrubs that she used to double bagel. Sad stuff.

Di seems to float in and out with out warning. She will probably pop up in a couple of random American 10k's next year, and then disappear again.
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #7
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

Westbury? Good to see Kate Parker playing this, she did pretty well in juniors if I am remembering the right person.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 03:11 AM   #8
country flag Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
Westbury? Good to see Kate Parker playing this, she did pretty well in juniors if I am remembering the right person.
I was wondering about Westbury myself, she actually won this last year.

But she didn't play the final few ITF's in Australia, so maybe she is injured?

She may get a WC yet.
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM   #9
country flag ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute ozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

So with WTA Auckland event will they give Fanning a MD WC or just qualies?

Which other kiwis are a chance of getting qualy wildcards? or will they just give them to to others on the alts list? Perhaps Paige or Heidi for making 18s finals?
|
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 05:04 AM   #10
country flag Mana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
So with WTA Auckland event will they give Fanning a MD WC or just qualies?

Which other kiwis are a chance of getting qualy wildcards? or will they just give them to to others on the alts list? Perhaps Paige or Heidi for making 18s finals?
Qualifying would be my guess. I don't think she's ready for a MD WC.

I would love of Kairangi to win this, and get a qualifying WC. She won't though, she's a shadow of her former self.
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 07:39 AM   #11
country flag ozfan44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mana View Post
Qualifying would be my guess. I don't think she's ready for a MD WC.

I would love of Kairangi to win this, and get a qualifying WC. She won't though, she's a shadow of her former self.
I would love to see a Kai v Leanne final but they will prob both lose R1
|
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 08:34 PM   #12
country flag Mana

Schedule - http://tnz.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...BE1&d=20111218

Draws: http://tnz.tournamentsoftware.com/sp...5-379D78DC4BE1

Draw is bottom heavy, with Baker, Vano and Fanning there. Leanne & Kai top seeds in the doubles

Last edited by Mana : Dec 19th, 2011 at 01:26 AM.
Old Dec 19th, 2011, 01:40 AM   #13
country flag Mana

The tournament only really starts results wise in the QF's.

But here are a couple of notible results so far -

2nd Round:

Leanne Baker [4] d. Carli E Davis 61 60
Kairangi Vano [5] d. Louise Oxnevad 6-3 1-6 6-3
Emily Fanning [2] d. Mia Middleton 6-3 6-3
Kate Parker d. Tracey O'Connor [3] 6-4 6-4
Paige Hourigan d. Lucy Barlow [8] 64 61

Great start for Leanne, Em & Kate. Impressed she managed to hold off O'Connor. (Although I'm not sure what kind of shape Tracey is in).

I know nothing about Hourigan, although she's 13 and took 5 games off Naiktha Bains this year, and scored doubles victories over Bains and Sara Tomic. So she obviously can play. She is also the current U18's champion. Barlow won a NZMT a couple of weeks ago, beating Vano. That's a surprising result.

Leanne posted on FB that she's got a tough one tomorrow, so she must rate this girl.

Last edited by Mana : Dec 19th, 2011 at 05:24 AM.
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 06:03 AM   #14
country flag Mana

QF's:

Jones d. Davies 61 60
Stewart d. Parker 61 62
Baker d. Hourigan 64 63
Fanning d. Vano 63 62

SF's:

Jones Vs. Stewart
Baker Vs. Fanning

Looking forward to seeing what happens between Leanne & Em Fanning tomorrow.

Doubes Final:

Baker/Vano Vs. Fanning/Parker
Old Dec 20th, 2011, 06:28 AM   #15
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

This tournament seems pretty inconsequential with Jones being in the tournament. I imagine she'll get a main draw wildcard anyway, will the runner up be given a qualifying wildcard (If Sacha wins AND gets an md wildcard) ?
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote