Sharapova lining up T.V. series..... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:00 PM   #1
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute
Sharapova lining up T.V. series.....

By James Hooper

February 03, 2008 12:00am

AUSTRALIAN Open queen Maria Sharapova has looks made for Hollywood - now the glamorous starlet wants to create a US television drama based around life on the professional tennis circuit.

Forget Mark Philippoussis's tacky foray into reality television, Sharapova's dream revolves around a tell-all insight into the cut-throat world of tennis stardom.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that Sharapova's agent Max Eisenbud wants to hold preliminary discussions with major US networks.

But the IMG Tennis vice-president was swift to try to water down the potential blockbuster yesterday, citing the current US writers strike as an obstacle.

"Way too early, TV strike, email me in a few months,'' Eisenbud said.

Celebrity agent Max Markson and Australian television powerbrokers Brian Walsh and Steve Crawley all suggested Sharapova's star power alone would make the show an instant hit.

Never one to shy away from centre stage, Sharapova's concept is understood to mirror the hit cable TV show Entourage.

Starring Adrian Grenier, Entourage is a comical insight into the fast-lane lifestyle of Hollywood's A-list produced by actor Mark Wahlberg.

The concept behind the show involves Wahlberg drawing on his numerous entertaining experiences behind-the-scenes in the volatile playground of Hollywood's rich and famous.

Under Sharapova's vision, the Australian Open tennis champion would be involved in penning and producing the show but would refrain from starring in it.

"It's got legs that are better than Maria Sharapova's,'' Markson said.

"It's an exciting concept. The same as people want to see what's happening behind the scenes in Hollywood, people would love to see what's going on behind the scenes in sport.

"The opportunity to do a show like that for tennis are limitless. It could be screened all around the world.

"It just sounds like fantastic fun.''

Potential episodes could cover a variety of topics including crazy parents, behind-the-scenes cat fights, lavish international lifestyles and A-list parties.

Foxtel executive director of television Walsh described the potential project as tailor made for pay television.

"If it was a project that came to fruition Foxtel would be ideally placed to acquire it given the expansive range of general entertainment channels we have,'' Walsh said.

"From the sounds of things, it would make great viewing and it's certainly the type of project that we would be very interested in.''

But Channel Nine head of sport Steve Crawley warned Sharapova the world of television production is no easy caper.

"Maria Sharapova's a ratings success so if the production team's a success, she's a star,'' Crawley said.

"But she's a tennis player. I think the idea's good and she's a star, but you do what you do best and she doesn't understand television.

"If she wanted to work behind the scenes I don't understand that.''

I'd pop some popcorn, grab a cold one, sit back and enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:16 PM   #2
country flag serenus_2k8

serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute serenus_2k8 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sharapova lining up T.V. series.....

Wow, Ive heard about this before I think.

I would love to see a show like this come out, just to say what its like. I get the feeling it would either be really good or awful. And I hope really good

usopen and wimbledon
#219juniorchampions #220

venuswilliams serenawilliams
serenus_2k8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #3
Volcana

Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute Volcana has a reputation beyond repute

This idea has been floating around since 2004. My guess is that it's popped up again because a) she just won a slam, and b) you can do it without writers.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #4
country flag plantman

plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute plantman has a reputation beyond repute

That's not how the big wigs see it...

But the IMG Tennis vice-president was swift to try to water down the potential blockbuster yesterday, citing the current US writers strike as an obstacle.

"Way too early, TV strike, email me in a few months,'' Eisenbud said.
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 07:06 PM   #5
country flag 1000

1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold 1000 is a splendid one to behold

It would be nice to see the behind the scenes action and see how it affects matches
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #6
country flag wtatennisballer

wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all

They should have a drama show about the life of Sharapova but find an actress to portray her. Maria is not an actress. Her tone of voice is horrible.

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH? IF IT'S A GAME, WE'RE NOT PLAYING. STAY OFF CENTRE COURT OR ELSE.
wtatennisballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:51 PM   #7
country flag slamchamp

slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute slamchamp has a reputation beyond repute

That would be really interesting

URUGUAY
slamchamp is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:55 PM   #8
Pureracket

Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute Pureracket has a reputation beyond repute

I hope this gets to television. Sounds interesting.

OFFICIAL BLACKSMITH OF THE ROYAL COURT

I don't mind straight people as long as they act gay in public!
Pureracket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:56 PM   #9
country flag Groenefelder25

Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of

that would be awesome

FUTURE STAR - TREYC COHEN
Groenefelder25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2008, 11:57 PM   #10
country flag Groenefelder25

Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of Groenefelder25 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtatennisballer View Post
They should have a drama show about the life of Sharapova but find an actress to portray her. Maria is not an actress. Her tone of voice is horrible.
maria rocks

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3IS6j_Cayck

FUTURE STAR - TREYC COHEN
Groenefelder25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM   #11
country flag IceHock

IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute IceHock has a reputation beyond repute

I think this would sell big time, entourage is a great show. This definitely has a good shot at being big.
IceHock is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 12:47 AM   #12
country flag random fan

random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future random fan has a brilliant future

May be Americans will start watching tennis for once if this one is succesful
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:33 AM   #13
country flag wtatennisballer

wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all wtatennisballer is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnFan View Post
I think this would sell big time, entourage is a great show. This definitely has a good shot at being big.
Entourage -- Maria Sharapova Reality TV Show

DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU'RE MESSING WITH? IF IT'S A GAME, WE'RE NOT PLAYING. STAY OFF CENTRE COURT OR ELSE.
wtatennisballer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:41 AM   #14
country flag SvetaPleaseWin.
Heyyy

SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute SvetaPleaseWin. has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a good idea but not if Sharapova writes it
it would be full of crap jokes-think of her acceptance speeches going on for 1/2 hour
SvetaPleaseWin. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2008, 01:56 AM   #15
country flag ZeroSOFInfinity
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.

ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute ZeroSOFInfinity has a reputation beyond repute

I would love it if they do something similiar to MTV's "Punk'd" or "Boiling Point" but targeting WTA players and officials instead.

That would be soooo much fun

Australian Open 2010 Final Result:-
Lost to Serena Williams 4-6, 6-3, 2-6 (Great job, girl! Now prepare for FO!)
ZeroSOFInfinity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote