Can anyone explain why Marta Domachowska played so horribly in 2006-07? - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:39 PM   #1
country flag chuvack

chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future
Can anyone explain why Marta Domachowska played so horribly in 2006-07?

Marta was a very promising player in 2005. But then for 2 years she could not even beat players ranked below #200 in the challengers, she was a total disaster. And now suddenly from November she start winning like a Top 20, something like 16 of last 17 matches. Any information would be appreciated.
chuvack is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM   #2
country flag Reuchlin
Registered 1

Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute Reuchlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can anyone explain why Marta Domachowska played so horribly in 2006-07?

Poles put a lot of pressure on their athletes.
Radwanska gave her motivation and took away the pressure.
It's easier when you can share the pressure
justine/kim
Ana/Jelena
1,000 Russian Girls
Williams sisters
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM   #3
country flag chuvack

chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future chuvack has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
wasn't she injured last year?

no, Domachowska never had big injury troubles. She just started losing and losing without cause.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM   #4
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

On another thread, someone was saying she had some trouble with a coach.

Another thing to consider is that Domachowska has been going to school. Think of how Jankovic had a stretch of trouble when she was focused on getting her degree -- an experience that's probably good in the long run.

On the positive side, Marta loves her some blue hard courts! She posted that great result on Memphis's blue courts in '06 and has already avenged the girl who beat her in the Memphis final -- Arvidsson -- here. Now it's on to a battle with Memphis's queen, Venus.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 05:50 PM   #5
country flag papru

papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future papru has a brilliant future

Marta has had some personal problems at home, then people say she had affair with her coach Paolo Cannova who was fired by her mother when she find out... After that Marta started to argue with her mother, she couldnt decide for herself but had to listen to the mother instead... she couldnt find herself. but now everything has been worked out

and a proud supporter of Agnieszka "The future World No.1" Radwanska
papru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #6
country flag chuvack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Todd View Post

Now it's on to a battle with Memphis's queen, Venus.

perhaps spanking would be a better word choice.
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #7
country flag Monica_Rules

Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute Monica_Rules has a reputation beyond repute

Loss of form, loss of confidence but shes got it back now.

Naomi Broady, Tara Moore, Heather Watson , Laura Robson

Johanna Konta, Eleanor Dean
, Sam Murray
Katy Dunne Katie Boulter
Monica_Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #8
country flag Wannabeknowitall

Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute Wannabeknowitall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvack View Post
perhaps spanking would be a better word choice.
If Marta couldn't get inspired to beat Venus at Amelia Island just days after the Pope died, I don't think it's going to happen here.
Spanking is appropriate.

Black presidents of the US=1
Black head coaches in the SEC=0
Something needs to change.
Wannabeknowitall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #9
country flag justyna

justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuchlin View Post
Poles put a lot of pressure on their athletes.
Radwanska gave her motivation and took away the pressure.
It's easier when you can share the pressure
justine/kim
Ana/Jelena
1,000 Russian Girls
Williams sisters
oh please.. yeah, we put soooooooooooooo much pressure on our athletes.. what would u say about andy murray, huh..? THIS is somebody under pressure. Domachowska - no way.
The problem is that her mom and ex-sponsor used to make decisions for her. Whenever she's had good results, they changed her coach w/out a reason ..
First there was Tomas Janda, who changed her game a lot - she played with more top spin, less risk and her mentality got better.. She reached a Sopot semifinal then.. After this tournament he received a text message "thank u for yr work, but that's it".. Nice, huh..? He said that he's 100% sure that Marta wouldn't have sent him such message and that it was her mom.. And her mom, confronted about it, admitted that she didn't like the fact that marta doesn't hit as hard as she used to.. Well, hell of a reason to fire someone, isn't it..?

Then there was a coach from the US, Iwona Kuczynska - this relationship ended in a really really bad manner when marta's mom accused her of being an alcoholic and taking drugs.. She realized that she's fired when she bought a newspaper in the morning..She wanted to clear her name in court, but there are no information on whether there is/was a trial or not..

And then there was the italian guy, Paolo Canova, who reportedly had an affair w/marta and her mom could not stand that and fired him.. After that incident Marta decides a little bit more herself.. But you know what..? This is just sick and I think that she is old enough and smart enough to finally realize that her mom knows NOTHING about tennis and that she should make such important decisions on her own.. That's why she's now coached by Pawel Ostrowski, who was her 1st coach and was also fired by her mom a long time ago..
justyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:05 PM   #10
country flag A'DAM

A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future A'DAM has a brilliant future

Well justyna seems to know Marta's life very well

Sometimes you need to fall to raise up stronger...
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:08 PM   #11
country flag jonny84

jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute jonny84 has a reputation beyond repute

Its just great that Marta has won seven matches in a row. Hopefully she can climb up the rankings over the year and win her first title.
jonny84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #12
country flag justyna

justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all justyna is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAM MAROC View Post
Well justyna seems to know Marta's life very well

Sometimes you need to fall to raise up stronger...
omg, u'r right - i sounded like a total retard and stalker..:P.. it's not as bad as it looks..
justyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 08:25 PM   #13
country flag drake3781

drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute drake3781 has a reputation beyond repute

I know in 2006 US summer hardcourts she was traveling competely alone, at least no coach, and I didn't see any friend or family either. I heard a call on the staff system that a player needs a hitting partner, and they sent out somebody (young local guy) to hit with her for practice.
drake3781 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 09:04 PM   #14
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute

Extenuating circumstances.
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2008, 09:23 PM   #15
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeknowitall View Post
If Marta couldn't get inspired to beat Venus at Amelia Island just days after the Pope died, I don't think it's going to happen here.
Spanking is appropriate.
Alright you two, I see your point. I'm high from Marta wins and not thinking logically.

But if ever there was a time for a Marta fan to dream big, it's now.

I actually like Vee more, but I'd love for this match to deliver some surprises. We'll see.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote